Concierge class? Is it worth it?

sugarmidge

1 hour ago, Luvcrusn said:

Concierge and Aqua cabins are about 20 sq. ft. larger than regular balcony cabins on M-class ships. 

It has always been my understanding that ONLY the Deck 11 AQ's were a bit larger.  The original AQ's on Deck 9 were changed from a standard balcony cabin to AQ's before the new deck of AQ's were added.   I may be wrong.  Or perhaps all of the Revolutionized AQ's and CC are now the same size.

• 7 months later...
On 4/9/2019 at 2:57 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

I'm surprised so many people are fans of the boarding day lunch. Maybe we've had a few misses, but the service is usually SO slow and the menu very limited. We thought it was buffet food plated for us last time. I wouldn't do it again.

My TA typically offers concierge cabins at the same price or cheaper than mid/upper-level verandas so I typically do book CC. I like the higher deck location on S class if nothing else. 

Jeremiah - would you be willing to share you TA's info?

25 minutes ago, irishclover59 said:

So...If I could move from a balcony 2B to C3 for $20pp is it worth it and would you do it?

For that price absolutely.  On M-class ships the Concierge Class cabins are about 20 sq. ft. larger than balcony cabins and you get a bottle of bubbly (we trade it for Prosecco or a bottle of red or white wine) and 2 extra Captains Club points. Those things alone are worth it. 

4 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

For that price absolutely.  On M-class ships the Concierge Class cabins are about 20 sq. ft. larger than balcony cabins and you get a bottle of bubbly (we trade it for Prosecco or a bottle of red or white wine) and 2 extra Captains Club points. Those things alone are worth it. 

It will be on Celebrity Equinox which I think is the S-Class.  I was wrong about the categories (new to cruising) it is $20pp more from 1C to C3.  Still worth it?

9 minutes ago, irishclover59 said:

It will be on Celebrity Equinox which I think is the S-Class.  I was wrong about the categories (new to cruising) it is $20pp more from 1C to C3.  Still worth it?

Yes. Extra Captains Club points, bottle of wine alone are worth $20.

On 10/6/2018 at 4:52 PM, cltnccruisers said:

We booked a veranda on Infinity for later this month. We'd heard of people calling after final payment and getting a bump for little or no extra cost. So we called and, lo and behold, got bumped to a C3 (7190) for $0 extra. Since DW hates buffets just the embarkation day lunch in the MDR makes it worth a shot.

The only time I'll go to buffet is if I want cheese and crackers with a glass of wine.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2019 at 5:31 PM, Iamthesea said:

It has always been my understanding that ONLY the Deck 11 AQ's were a bit larger.  The original AQ's on Deck 9 were changed from a standard balcony cabin to AQ's before the new deck of AQ's were added.   I may be wrong.  Or perhaps all of the Revolutionized AQ's and CC are now the same size.

Actually, the AQs on deck 9 were originally CC cabins.  They had difficulty selling them because of the overhang.

We have done one cruise in CC, and the rest have been in standard veranda staterooms.   Our next two cruises will be in CC and then Aqua.

Our thoughts are:

1.  CC has lots of little 'extras' (we never got invited to the helipad 😞 ) which are OK but many are fairly pointless.    We brought the fizz home as we had a drinks package.   We soon tired of the canapes.  Never used the concierge.  We are currently Select and get priority boarding with that.

2.  A couple of the extras are worth it to us - the embarkation lunch means not having to lug carryon luggage around the buffet.   The umbrella and binoculars are helpful at times.

3.  We have only done CC on S-class ships.   It would be worth more to us on M-class for the larger cabin size.

4.  All in all, we go CC if it either costs the same, less or no more than £50 more than standard balcony for the two of us (so, £25 ea).  It isnt worth it to us.

We've seen lots of people excited by Blu.   It doesnt excite us a lot but we are trying it in August partly to see if it is worth the fuss and partly because we wanted a suite and there weren't any left.

1 hour ago, talljules1 said:

the embarkation lunch means not having to lug carryon luggage around the buffet. 

You can now go directly to your stateroom and drop off your carry on prior to 1 pm. You just cant stay there as the cabin steward may not have finished cleaning up. Mine was ready but I just dropped off and went to lunch.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

You can now go directly to your stateroom and drop off your carry on prior to 1 pm. You just cant stay there as the cabin steward may not have finished cleaning up. Mine was ready but I just dropped off and went to lunch.

Ah that is a new thing since we were last on Celebrity - and a great positive change 🙂

2 hours ago, talljules1 said:

We've seen lots of people excited by Blu.   It doesnt excite us a lot but we are trying it in August partly to see if it is worth the fuss and partly because we wanted a suite and there weren't any left.

On our last cruise we had a pre cruise dinner in fort Lauderdale the night before we got on the ship with some of our roll call members.  One couple had Aqua class and was eating in Blu. The rest of us ended up all together in the MDR. The couple dining in Blu also joined us as they were lonely eating by themselves. 

2 minutes ago, talljules1 said:

Ah that is a new thing since we were last on Celebrity - and a great positive change 🙂

It's fairly recent just dont remember when it was implemented. I was on the Equinox last September/October and went straight to my cabin as soon as I got onboard.  This time I'm not in a CC as prices still too high. I'm sure they will drop at the moment not worth hundreds more for an embarkation lunch. 

2 hours ago, talljules1 said:

3. It would be worth more to us on M-class for the larger cabin size.

4.  All in all, we go CC if it either costs the same, less or no more than £50 more than standard balcony for the two of us (so, £25 ea).  It isnt worth it to us.

I couldn't agree more -- worth to us only for a slight difference in cost, and for the location mid ship of C2.

The "embarkation lunch" doesn't appeal to us -- we like the variety of the buffet and don't mind "the crowds"....

Edited by dani negreanu

9 minutes ago, shavdog said:

My wife complained about the heavy bath robes in CC.....All I need is a balcony...

Yeah I prefer the cotton waffle ones  the CC bathrobes too hot for Caribbean. Ask steward to exchange 

1 hour ago, shavdog said:

My wife complained about the heavy bath robes in CC.....All I need is a balcony...

Your cabin steward will exchange them if you ask. 

Also not all ships have the boarding policy in effect mentioned by @drakes2. Reflection, for example, which hasn't yet undergone the Revolution still uses the old way where you can't drop off carry-on luggage in the room until the "Rooms are ready announcement."

• Like 1