Concierge class? Is it worth it?

sugarmidge

We had CC for the first time in August on Connie and just loved the little extras. We had a fabulous cabin and the balcony was amazing and worth every penny. Enjoyed the bubbly and canapés (ok they weren't wonderful but not that bad) and we had an invite to the helipad for our sail in to Dubrovnik which was special. Just enjoyed the experience and would do it again.

P1040500.JPG

If you need the extra points-worth it.  Now they also give you a special lunch boarding day and priority boarding.  Also as said, sometimes you get additional onboard credit.  The locations of the cabin is typically also a plus.  IMO for a couple of hundred dollars or less- worth it- but not more-  AQ IMO not worth it- typically the cabins have a poor location, under a noisy deck.  The canapés are a waste, do you really need more food?,  as is the tea and atomizer they give you.

We used the room in the lounge once- found it to be small especially on the M class ships.  The restaurant blu is very crowded-like a small cosmopolitan dining room.  IMO I would actually book a decent balcony cabin and use the money saved to dine 4 times in the specialty dining room.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Fortypluscruiser said:

Does anyone know if you get free water replenishment in concierge class like in Aquaclass?

No. Aqua class no longer gets water replenishment. Strange when you consider the name. Concierge class never got water. The only water bottle in the room will be a charge in Concierge Class. Aqua Class gets 1 bottle on embarkation day, but it isn't replenished.

I find that the location of the CC cabins worth it.  Like the priority boarding and the extra points- Sometimes the difference in price isn't much.  Have also tried AQ and the location of the cabins in most cases horrible.  Blu  the food not great and the tables are on top of each other-  If the price of CC isn't significant- worth it- if the price is much more- best to skip AQ and CC and book a decent balcony cabin with cabins above and below, and dine in specialty restaurants for the best food.

Now we try for SS for all Celebrity cruises and if Celebrity suite prices are low enough for our budget book them.  We like the extra room and storage.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

My upcoming cruise is in a C2.  We booked on board.

We had originally booked a 2C on deck 6 on the slant.  The price was $1999 pp when the schedule was first released, with one perk and we chose the beverage package. On board, they offered two perks if you booked CC or above.  We booked the C2 for $2249 pp and chose gratuities (12 nights) as it was worth more.  It basically meant we paid an extra $75 pp for the C2 room, get more points (5 per day rather than 3), get the welcome aboard lunch, and slightly nicer towels.  For $75 pp, worth it.

I've sailed in Concierge on both M and S class ships.  It's totally worth it to me.  In addition to the other perks cited by previous posters, I also enjoy going to a designated disembarkation lounge that has continental breakfast, caffeine and juice.  It's a very nice way to wait to disembark the ship.  

The Embarkation luncheon in the MDR is awesome.  They have a designated area in the MDR to store your carry-on luggage while you are served and begin to meet your fellow Concierge passengers!

Also, the ship tends to offer some other unannounced perks during the cruise---we were treated to sparkling wine with the senior crew on the helipad when the Summit sailed out of Bermuda.  Awesome!

• 1 month later...

We upgraded to CC for $150 and enjoyed it. When we booked our second Equinox cruise for this coming April we went ahead and booked a CC cabin. Individually, the perks don't justify the additional price on S class. But taken together as a whole, we felt we got a fair value. Specifically:

• Embarkation lunch in MDC for CC guests only. I hate the mob scene in the buffet the first day. Worth it to have a decent sit-down meal with a few people sharing a table. I'm big on feeling civilized on a cruise, and this started things out right.
  • Canapés every afternoon - No, didn't enjoy them all, but it was a nice touch we looked forward to each afternoon.
  • Fresh fruit in the room every day. Again, much appreciated at midday.
  • Champagne on embarkation day. Unlike others, our steward did have this waiting for us.
  • Location - Liked being on Deck 12, but not under the pool deck or exercise area like some Aqua rooms.
  • Restaurants - Would be nice to eat at Blu, but on the 2 days we wanted to step up we just went to Murano and Tuscan and didn't feel deprived.
  • Sail-Away - CC guests got invited to a sail-away on the ship's helipad when we left St. Lucia. Was very nice seeing the sunset from the bow of the ship and meeting some of the bridge crew.
  • Free Tour - CC guests got a complimentary kitchen tour during the trip. 
  • Bathrobes - I did appreciate the nicer bathrobes.
  • Shower Head - Supposedly we had a better shower head than other rooms (except Aqua and Suites). Since I didn't have anything to compare it with, this is the one perk that meant zero to me. The water came out, my hair got wet, job done.  
  • Concierge - This is the one benefit that really didn't seem like much to us. We didn't call her much, and were perfectly capable of getting dining reservations on our own. If I could have thought of some out-of-the-ordinary need I would have tried to see if she could help us, but no need materialized.

Edited by GoodScout

• 2 months later...

We booked a c3 on the summit sept1st sailing back in December. We Scored big time $2950.00 for the two of us this included bev package and $300.00 onbourd credit.  Plus $150.00 credit from travel agent. I just checked today same room is now $4700.00. To much for what you get. 

On 1/11/2019 at 1:13 AM, GoodScout said:

We upgraded to CC for $150 and enjoyed it. When we booked our second Equinox cruise for this coming April we went ahead and booked a CC cabin. Individually, the perks don't justify the additional price on S class. But taken together as a whole, we felt we got a fair value. Specifically:

• Embarkation lunch in MDC for CC guests only. I hate the mob scene in the buffet the first day. Worth it to have a decent sit-down meal with a few people sharing a table. I'm big on feeling civilized on a cruise, and this started things out right.
  • Canapés every afternoon - No, didn't enjoy them all, but it was a nice touch we looked forward to each afternoon.
  • Fresh fruit in the room every day. Again, much appreciated at midday.
  • Champagne on embarkation day. Unlike others, our steward did have this waiting for us.
  • Location - Liked being on Deck 12, but not under the pool deck or exercise area like some Aqua rooms.
  • Restaurants - Would be nice to eat at Blu, but on the 2 days we wanted to step up we just went to Murano and Tuscan and didn't feel deprived.
  • Sail-Away - CC guests got invited to a sail-away on the ship's helipad when we left St. Lucia. Was very nice seeing the sunset from the bow of the ship and meeting some of the bridge crew.
  • Free Tour - CC guests got a complimentary kitchen tour during the trip. 
  • Bathrobes - I did appreciate the nicer bathrobes.
  • Shower Head - Supposedly we had a better shower head than other rooms (except Aqua and Suites). Since I didn't have anything to compare it with, this is the one perk that meant zero to me. The water came out, my hair got wet, job done.  
  • Concierge - This is the one benefit that really didn't seem like much to us. We didn't call her much, and were perfectly capable of getting dining reservations on our own. If I could have thought of some out-of-the-ordinary need I would have tried to see if she could help us, but no need materialized.

You forget the umbrella 😘

• Haha 1

Orher than BLU and access to the  thermal suites ( Persian Garden),   i think Concierge is getting better perks these days  than AQ Class.   On our EDGE cruise, all the AQ cabins on our deck (9) got the same very hi disembark number and no special place to wait .

We had to go to Guest rel  night before disembark to get a better dep time 

AQ used to be given higher priority thst CC, but they are now sometimes lumped together or CC given more priority..( varies by shp)

Yet AQ still costs more, usually

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Not to mention the binoculars, extra tote bag and seapass card holder.

15 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Not to mention the binoculars, extra tote bag and seapass card holder.

😍

We are just off the Infinity in a Concierge Room. Never again.  The room had connecting doors.  We could hear every word the couple next door said to each other and every word from their TV.  The canapés were a joke.  2 tostados with half a scoop of guacamole, food that needed utensils to eat but never given a fork or spoon.  Not impressed.  We were on a charter, but did not see nor hear from the Concierge the whole trip. Did not even know who he/she was.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, beachseeker said:

We are just off the Infinity in a Concierge Room. Never again.  The room had connecting doors.  We could hear every word the couple next door said to each other and every word from their TV.  The canapés were a joke.  2 tostados with half a scoop of guacamole, food that needed utensils to eat but never given a fork or spoon.  Not impressed.  We were on a charter, but did not see nor hear from the Concierge the whole trip. Did not even know who he/she was.

Did the charter assign your room?  ETA:  I appreciate you sharing this information.  I am cruising on the Summit in June and there is a lot of CC availability.  If I received a move up offer, I was going to bid.  Now, I am reconsidering because the majority of CC's still in inventory are connected.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

Room was not assigned but when we booked we didn’t have many choices.  We were in 9148. We had friends in other CC rooms that had no noise concerns and others that had some noise.  No one had neighbors as loud as we did but I wouldn’t take the chance again.

Edited by beachseeker
Typo

We booked a veranda on Infinity over Halloween. We'd heard of people calling after final payment and getting a bump for little or no extra cost. So we called and, lo and behold, got bumped to a C3 (7190) for $0 extra. Since DW hates buffets just the embarkation day lunch in the MDR s worth it.  Also, and I believe it's just on M class, the room and balcony were bigger.  I agree the canapes were nothing to get excited about but it was nice having fresh apples and oranges in the cabin when we returned from port.

20 minutes ago, Beth_55 said:

CC gets a seapass card holder ?  Never saw that mentioned.  

Years ago it was leather, then it changed to faux leather, and now it's a rubber-like plastic that is made to attach to the back of a smartphone. It can be used without attaching it of course if you don't remove the plastic.

20190409_104944.jpg

7 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Years ago it was leather, then it changed to faux leather, and now it's a rubber-like plastic that is made to attach to the back of a smartphone. It can be used without attaching it of course if you don't remove the plastic.

20190409_104944.jpg

Thanks for the info ! 

Never sailed on Concierge Cabins, We will try it for our next B2B2B In Sept/Oct onboard the Eclipse, From Vancouver to Hawaii, 2nd leg back to Vancouver and 3rd leg Pacific Coastal to Los Angeles, Originally we booked Veranda 2B with 1 perk (OBC) during December 2017 when the sailings were released, after Tutu Pele becomes angry (April 2018) we have several price drops, now we are in C2 deck 11 with 3 perks (OBC, GTY & BVG) and $3,245 US less for the 3 legs.

The higher CAT we have sailed is Veranda 2B on the Silhouette to the Caribbean, also have sailed in Interior in the Summit to New England and Canada. For this cruise was a waste of money for people in Verandas, almost the full cruise we have high winds and cold weather, the outer decks were closed and people not enjoy the veranda.

Edited by gerelmx