Royal - Labadee Earthquake

The U.S. Geological Survey says a magnitude 5.9 earthquake has shaken northwestern Haiti. There are no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

The quake was centered about 12 miles west-northwest of Ti Port-de-Paix off Haiti’s north coast.

The quake damaged the facade of a church in Plaisance, and a house next door collapsed, according to Reuters, which cited a Twitter report from a journalist with the Haitian newspaper Le Nouvelliste.

The U.S. Geological Survey says a magnitude 5.9 earthquake has shaken northwestern Haiti. There are no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

The quake was centered about 12 miles west-northwest of Ti Port-de-Paix off Haiti’s north coast.

The quake damaged the facade of a church in Plaisance, and a house next door collapsed, according to Reuters, which cited a Twitter report from a journalist with the Haitian newspaper Le Nouvelliste.

I've seen several reports like this, but nothing specific to the Labadee area. We will probably have to wait until the next ship visits or Royal releases a statement.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

We live here in Haiti. Labadee is quite close to Haiti and it’s in an area we are hearing of damage. But I don’t think it will effect any cruises. At least two comfirmed dead. But it happened in the evening and will need to wait till am to assess all the damage.

We live here in Haiti. Labadee is quite close to Haiti and it’s in an area we are hearing of damage. But I don’t think it will effect any cruises. At least two comfirmed dead. But it happened in the evening and will need to wait till am to assess all the damage.
I thought Labadee was in Haiti? Hope and prayers to those affected.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Isn't Labadee in Haiti?

I have no knowledge of the current situation however when the last quake hit, Royal Caribbean provided pallets and pallets of supplies for the Haitians. We were on the first Freedom cruise ( I think it was the first for royal ) that returned to Labade after the quake. The entire dock was filled with pallets of water, beds, and medical supplies. We saw UN trucks pick up the supplies and then drive them through the compound into the country.

In fact, I took some pictures of the pallets on the dock. A few cruises later the hotel director talked about how Royal Caribbean was helping the Haitians after the quake. I spoke to the HD and told him I had pictures of the pallets on the dock. I sent him the pictures and then on a later freedom cruise saw that he had incorporated our photo into his presentation.

Back to your original question, I pray for the victims of the quake.

M

How long have you lived in Haiti? Labadee has always been a part of Haiti not unless it somehow got chopped off.

Mike had a military coworker that was killed in the Hotel Montana during the 2010 earthquake. My hopes and thoughts go out to all involved in the horrible situation.

Edited by ReneeFLL

Its amazing how reality sets in, we were just there on Friday. A group of us also donated thru Royal when the last quake hit. They helped with the relief efforts and gave us internal contacts to help with our donations. We sailed out of Bayonne and managed to get 3 pallets of supplies together. Our thoughts and Prayers.