Bringing any Snacks Onboard

1 hour ago, stevea36 said:

Just a FYI... RCI changed their policy on Sept 1st, you can now bring 2 bottles of wine (up to 750 ml each) and 12 cans/bottles of water/soft drinks up to 1/2 liter (17oz or so) each.   This is per cabin, not per passenger.    

These items must be in carry-ons, if you give them to a porter they will not take them.  If you have them packed in a suitcase you will, most likely, be called to the "naughty" room.

Steve

Oh!  Thanks for that info!  I had no idea we could bring a bit of water or soft drinks on board now.  I'm fairly addicted to La Croix and end up making due while on ship, being able to take some would be a nice addition.

I'd like to know if bringing bakery items onboard is allowed from a port stop?

Specifically onto RCI ships porting in Canada New England.

Some of you may know where I'm heading with this question..."Holy Donuts" 😋

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

They took ours away at security.  😞  😞  😞 

(I think that THEY just wanted to eat them!)

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

On the other hand, we were able to carry on beignets in New Orleans.

😄

On 10/26/2018 at 2:20 PM, stevea36 said:

... RCI changed their policy on Sept 1st, you can now bring 2 bottles of wine (up to 750 ml each) and 12 cans/bottles of water/soft drinks up to 1/2 liter (17oz or so) each....

Cool. That's great news. I missed that discussion when it happened.

FYI for reference to share when this question gets asked: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:55 AM, JamesEM said:

I would take the snacks on board in your carry on not your checked luggage other wise you may wind up in the naughty room.    

I would actually disagree with this.  I can't think of any snack or its packaging that would raise suspicions on an x-ray.

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

I would actually disagree with this.  I can't think of any snack or its packaging that would raise suspicions on an x-ray.

Jello shots?

(Could not resist).

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Jello shots?

(Could not resist).

1. Are jello shots a SNACK?  😮 

2. How would you package jello shots?  Wouldn't they melt?

HHHMMMMM...……………..so...…………….put them in an insulated bag marked "medical supplies"...……………. 😉  😄 

9 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

HHHMMMMM...……………..so...…………….put them in an insulated bag marked "medical supplies"...……………. 😉  😄 

I like it!:classic_smile:

On 10/26/2018 at 9:13 PM, Merion_Mom said:

They took ours away at security.  😞  😞  😞 

(I think that THEY just wanted to eat them!)

Were they in a box? Perhaps just having them in a paper bag in my large purse would work

for my extra Holy Donuts I'd like to bring back onboard...what do you think?

13 hours ago, Ashland said:

Were they in a box? Perhaps just having them in a paper bag in my large purse would work

for my extra Holy Donuts I'd like to bring back onboard...what do you think?

Yes, they were in a box.  We were SO angry.  We had made a special trip:  We went there on a food tour, then circled back later for some to take back on board.  😡

They "offered" to let us stand there and eat them!  (the whole dozen?!?!?!?)

They couldn't give us a reason.  Just kept saying, "It's not allowed."

I still think THEY wanted them.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, firstcarib said:

I like to bring chocs too! Does anyone know if there are any "pro-biotic" drinks available at breakfast or anywhere...the ones with all the good bugs in that help digestion etc. Or could I bring my own...but they are liquid & I realise that can be a security issue.

Depends on the ship....Went on Harmony and they served pro-biotic drinks/ juices at the Vitality Spa Café.  Not all ships have a spa café...what ship are you going on?

28 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

Depends on the ship....Went on Harmony and they served pro-biotic drinks/ juices at the Vitality Spa Café.  Not all ships have a spa café...what ship are you going on?

Navigator...don't think there is a Spa Cafe on board? 😩

Just now, firstcarib said:

Navigator...don't think there is a Spa Cafe on board? 😩

These boards have threads specific to the different ships in the RCI fleet (located at the top of the page)....I would go on the NOS boards and ask.....

FWIW,  in May in Tampa I got three 12 oz summer sausages I was going to give to a friend post-cruise confiscated at the TSA checkpoint with a "NO FOOD! Food's absolutely forbidden. Doesn't matter that it's processed and packaged." 

Probably isolated circumstances, but ... it's always good to be prepared for disappointment. 

47 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

These boards have threads specific to the different ships in the RCI fleet (located at the top of the page)....I would go on the NOS boards and ask.....

There's no ship specific boards - the links at the top are just pre-canned searches within the RCI boards for that ship.

Lately going thru airline security I’ve been asked if I had any candy and asked to put it thru separately.  No idea why M and Ms are a hazard.

We bring M and Ms on a cruise for a taste of chocolate ( since the ships is not that great).  On port days we take protein bars because we’re cheap and like to snack and then come back and eat on the ship. I’ve also found even when lunch is included on an excursion,  they serve it very late like 2 or 3 pm.  Since I skip breakfast I’m out of energy before then. I’ve never had anyone question my protein bar.

i don’t eat them on sea days as there is plenty of food around.  I remember a post one time where a couple asked if they could bring an extra suitcase full of snacks.  Huh?  There is food everywhere on the ship!  

I bring dark chocolate for myself, sugar free candies and protein bars for when I'm in port and if we need food, and chocolate candy for our room steward. I have not had any issues, and I usually put it in my carry on tote. 

I'm glad to know the updates about the bottled water and soda, we may not get the refreshment package for our cruise in May.