How Many CCers have made the 100,000+ Club ?

richstowe

On 12/10/2018 at 11:07 AM, pacruise804 said:

Thanks for this.  I was able to search all members and then sort by number of posts - it looks like there are only two over 100K.

I actually expected a few posters count to be higher than I saw.

I searched as instructed and still nada........  I got no where and nothing.

If someone would be so kind to post  a link to  the actual page  it would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

A little confused as to why people who cannot read the italics, still seem to know what it said?

Apparently, the problem occurs with people using cell phones.

Like you, I was confused because the larger italics font is very readable (to my 70 year old eyes) on my PC screen.  Somebody above did post that the problem seems to be with mobile devices.

3 hours ago, bob brown said:

I wonder if having a high post count gets you noticed by CC management, and if they are impressed with your posts, perhaps an invitation to be a CC 'Host'?:classic_unsure:

I wouldn't think so, some of the Hosts have relatively low counts compared to others on here.

2 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Apparently, the problem occurs with people using cell phones.

Like you, I was confused because the larger italics font is very readable (to my 70 year old eyes) on my PC screen.  Somebody above did post that the problem seems to be with mobile devices.

Okay, 

3 hours ago, sail7seas said:

I searched as instructed and still nada........  I got no where and nothing.

If someone would be so kind to post  a link to  the actual page  it would be greatly appreciated.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/search/?type=core_members&group[3]=1&sortby=member_posts&sortdirection=desc&page=1

It appears that Host's do not figure into the count. E.g.  Host Clarea has 139,984 posts.

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2018 at 8:00 PM, Host Clarea said:

Use this and click on Member Search: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/

Thank you so much . This is the answer I was originally looking for . 👍

20 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/search/?type=core_members&group[3]=1&sortby=member_posts&sortdirection=desc&page=1

It appears that Host's do not figure into the count. E.g.  Host Clarea has 139,984 posts.

At the rate you're going , I figure your going to be on the 100 000+ list by March , latest April . 😉

On 12/10/2018 at 7:50 PM, sail7seas said:

Some of us never  take part in roll calls.  I  do not.  In all my dozens of cruises, I might have  gone  to a HAL roll call one  time.    I have  what I consider good  reasons for making that  choice.

i have been on cc since August, 2,000...... I have managed   to get by  fine   without participating on Roll Calls.

Very interesting . Seems to be 3 separate populations which may or may not intersect . Roll call posters, non roll call board posters and those who post in the reviews section . I do all 3 . My activity certainly varies based on my upcoming cruises . 

20 hours ago, richstowe said:

Thank you so much . This is the answer I was originally looking for . 👍

At the rate you're going , I figure your going to be on the 100 000+ list by March , latest April . 😉

Very interesting . Seems to be 3 separate populations which may or may not intersect . Roll call posters, non roll call board posters and those who post in the reviews section . I do all 3 . My activity certainly varies based on my upcoming cruises . 

How about a fourth, those of us who have had tens of thousands of posts erased during computer changes, I go back to 95 and would guess easily had 100,000 posts erased.

On 12/15/2018 at 1:39 PM, dkjretired said:

How about a fourth, those of us who have had tens of thousands of posts erased during computer changes, I go back to 95 and would guess easily had 100,000 posts erased.

Yes, to   almost all 

As  posted above, I do not post to rollcalls.

Years ago, I used to post lengthy 'comments' when I returned from a cruise,

By post measures I think you would call all those reports to  be  reviews.    I  did not post them in he review section of  but on gthe individual form for  t he cruise line       I suppose some for Maasdam, Eurodam. Noordam, Rotterdam might still be available unless lost during CC  computer  changes when  tens of thousands of posts were lost.  😞

If they were lost,   would   not think they woule be included in my post count. 

😞

Edited by sail7seas

9 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

Yes, to   almost all 

By post measures I think you would call all those reports to  be  reviews.    I  did not post them in he review section of  but on gthe individual form for  t he cruise line       I suppose some for Maasdam, Eurodam. Noordam, Rotterdam might still be available unless lost during CC  computer  changes when  tens of thousands of posts were lost.  😞

If they were lost,   would   not think they would   be included in my post count. 

😞

Edited by sail7seas

On 10/28/2018 at 5:36 PM, bakersdozen12 said:

Exactly.  I don't see this as an impressive accomplishment at all.  I've seen tons of comments on this board that are not helpful, and do nothing to add to the conversation.  I'll take quality over quantity any day.

Most  ?

I respectfully disagree

Many   is  a possibly   maybe? 

At least from my personal observations.

t

On 12/15/2018 at 1:39 PM, dkjretired said:

I didn't join until 2001.  But around 2002 and 2004, many of us lost thousands of posts as CC was making changes from one provider to another.  

25 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I didn't join until 2001.  But around 2002 and 2004, many of us lost thousands of posts as CC was making changes from one provider to another.  

I joined in 1995 a charter member when CC was under AOL, we all lost every post from 95 to 2000 when they transferred over to the internet.   

5 hours ago, sail7seas said:

Yes, to   almost all 

If they were lost,   would   not think they woule be included in my post count. 

😞

I post on roll calls but try to post with useful information.   For example I am currently on a roll call for a cruise out of NJ.  I was a LEO in the county of EWR so try and help where I can.   We did not post on roll calls for a couple of years because we had a bad experience on one cruise and am very careful.   

On 10/28/2018 at 3:28 PM, OCruisers said:

The many posts by KK (Krazy Kruisers) are always helpful and much appreciated.

She never post just to be posting to run up her point count.  

Thanks KK!  :classic_biggrin:

But nearly impossible to read on a phone.  

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

But very legible on the ole' laptop. 

I just wish they'd get rid of it.  Increasing the font size helps a little, but it's still annoying.  

I guess it's like the Gallery pics that some folks hate.