How Many CCers have made the 100,000+ Club ?

richstowe

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I just wish they'd get rid of it.  Increasing the font size helps a little, but it's still annoying.  

I guess it's like the Gallery pics that some folks hate.  

Glad we all have options. Possibly some 18 December SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket photos.

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Glad we all have options. Possibly some 18 December SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket photos.

I think it's a morning launch.  No landing

VP will be in attendance. 

Edited by John&LaLa

On 12/13/2018 at 4:38 PM, bob brown said:

I wonder if having a high post count gets you noticed by CC management, and if they are impressed with your posts, perhaps an invitation to be a CC 'Host'?:classic_unsure:

Years ago, another  cruise forum in.vited me to become  host.   While it was  nice,  I politely declined.      

I suppose it is an 'honor' to be invited, but if you accept, it takes a certain level of commitment, to do it well.   I don't know if the hosts are compensated, or not, but most of them seem to enjoy their position....

Then again, there are many very frequent poster's on these boards that are not hosts, but seem just as knowledgeable, and eager to help answer questions...

6 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Why not get rid of post count, bet it would eliminate a number of useless posts.

Well no idea why they have it.

even less idea why some are so fixated on it, if not their own, other people’s.

Post count, , like buttons, 100,000+ club, and "atta boy" emails are the way websites encourage participation. It seems dopey, but it works. I found this article from 2014 about how TripAdvisor uses gamification to encourage reviews fascinating: https://www.cmo.com.au/article/560511/how-tripadvisor-attracts-travellers-promotes-return-visits/

40 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

I think sometimes new people take credence in high count posters.

All things being equal , I give the nod in trust to those with higher post counts until this is proven 

to be an incorrect assumption . That goes for most other social media sites such as Tripadvisor 

and is especially true in more specialized areas like a particular port, location or area of interest .

And yes it's not that hard to figure out who is working up their count with nonsense posts . I do

miss the feature in the old system which had a post per day count, unless it's there and I can't find it . :classic_blush:

I also miss the ability to label posts but that's another another topic .

High post counts are a byproduct of many years of membership and perhaps a certain interest and

knowledge in a particular area .

On 12/16/2018 at 8:21 PM, dkjretired said:

I post on roll calls but try to post with useful information.   For example I am currently on a roll call for a cruise out of NJ.  I was a LEO in the county of EWR so try and help where I can.   We did not post on roll calls for a couple of years because we had a bad experience on one cruise and am very careful.   

What is a LEO ?  :classic_huh:

On 10/27/2018 at 9:43 PM, ldubs said:

Interesting.  I wonder what the average number of posts/day is for someone in the 100K club.  

I seem to recall reading somewhere that some original CC join dates were lost.    Hopefully the post counts were retained.  

With the new format and the increase use  of other Social Media  make much less likely to happen in the future

4 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Why not get rid of post count, bet it would eliminate a number of useless posts.

Post activity is gold for forums.  Advertisers could be provided post count data without showing it to users, but if it encourages use I can understand why it is provided.    Also, keep in mind this forum is not just a cruise Q&A.  It is a social outlet and significantly so for some.   Sometimes it reminds me of reality TV --  I know the person cannot really be the way they portray themselves.  At least I hope they aren't.  

Edited by ldubs
  • Like 1

I set my preferences so that I don't see the signature as that just junks up my reading experience so I really don't use that to vet a poster. If I really want to see the sig, it's easy enough to view it. There are a couple high count posters with impressive signatures that just don't know what they post about.

I skim past the posts with fancy fonts, CAPS, and other attention getting but distracting print. A plain, sans serif font (such as the board default) is easiest on my eyes.

For me it is part of the research, if they are saying something about a particular line and they have only cruised that line once, it may be an anomaly but if they have cruised on that line many times and some of them recently, that has more credibility.