New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Serenade is larger, but probably less passengers than most Vision ships

I didnt notice the Key at all on our spring TA

Some we talked to recently on Vision were very disappointed in how the Key was working on that particular ship for them.

39 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Some we talked to recently on Vision were very disappointed in how the Key was working on that particular ship for them.

Dissapointed as a disgruntled C&A member or dissapointed as a Key customer?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Dissapointed as a disgruntled C&A member or dissapointed as a Key customer?

They were in the CL so not sure (could have been both) but there were several talking about this on Vision.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

They were in the CL so not sure (could have been both) but there were several talking about this on Vision.

Sounds like disgruntled D+'s upset that the Key got their hard earned benefits for $29 a day 😉

I can't imagine any D+ paying for the Key on a ship like Vision

But, it might have been a suite guest who was not told that you could buy their exclusive perks 🤣

#NSPK

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

I'm sailing on Anthem on March 29th and couldn't see The Key listed anywhere on RC's website.  Is it sold out or just not listed yet for purchase?

Might be too early.

16 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

Thanks. I'm thinking I might like to splurge and try it but haven't been in a position to get it yet so I haven't looked till now.

I'd check it at least daily, these things can come and go.

We are on the Explorer of the Seas next week. We purchased the key for our 14 day cruise. There are 5 of us. We were supposed to have reserved seating in the shows. Now I read some people post that you need to make an advanced reservation to get the reserved seats. I went on my cruise planner and can’t find anywhere to reserve seats. Does anyone know how to do this?  Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, rhinomike said:

We are on the Explorer of the Seas next week. We purchased the key for our 14 day cruise. There are 5 of us. We were supposed to have reserved seating in the shows. Now I read some people post that you need to make an advanced reservation to get the reserved seats. I went on my cruise planner and can’t find anywhere to reserve seats. Does anyone know how to do this?  Thank you. 

There are no pre-cruise show reservations on Explorer.

4 minutes ago, rhinomike said:

you only need to make show reservations on Oasis class ships. On all other ships there will be an area of reserved seating for Key members usually in the same area reserved for suite passengers.

8 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

you only need to make show reservations on Oasis class ships. On all other ships there will be an area of reserved seating for Key members usually in the same area reserved for suite passengers.

Thank you. 👍

9 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

12 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

There are no pre-cruise show reservations on Explorer.

Great. Thank you. 😃

On my cruise paperwork I do not see a picture of the key (like some stated) or any indication that we purchased the program. I have the receipt and confirmation in a separate email. Will this be an issue boarding the ship?  Should I call RC and ask them about it?  Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, rhinomike said:

On my cruise paperwork I do not see a picture of the key (like some stated) or any indication that we purchased the program. I have the receipt and confirmation in a separate email. Will this be an issue boarding the ship?  Should I call RC and ask them about it?  Thank you. 

when I printed my set sail passes there is a key 🔑symbol next to my gold status. You could call and ask but bringing a copy of your confirmation with you would be a good idea. From what I have read they have a list of people who have the Key. When you arrive tell the first official person you see  that you have the Key and hopefully they will direct you to the proper line.

8 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

when I printed my set sail passes there is a key 🔑symbol next to my gold status. You could call and ask but bringing a copy of your confirmation with you would be a good idea. From what I have read they have a list of people who have the Key. When you arrive tell the first official person you see  that you have the Key and hopefully they will direct you to the proper line.

Thank you for the info. Greatly appreciated. 😃

I went on Royal's website and logged in, and at first when I highlight Internet and more it shows the key.  But then it disappears from view.  And even if I manage to click on it it's not shown anywhere when it brings up the results.  Should I just call Royal?

1 minute ago, cantgetaname said:

I went on Royal's website and logged in, and at first when I highlight Internet and more it shows the key.  But then it disappears from view.  And even if I manage to click on it it's not shown anywhere when it brings up the results.  Should I just call Royal?

Yes, it will probably save you time.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, it will probably save you time.

I called RC today to purchase a beverage package.  When I asked about The Key for January 2020,  I was informed that it is not yet available and advised to keep looking on Cruise Planner daily.   This is the same information I received when I called RC a few weeks ago to inquire about The Key.   Will keep checking Cruise Planner frequently. 

3 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

I called RC today to purchase a beverage package.  When I asked about The Key for January 2020,  I was informed that it is not yet available and advised to keep looking on Cruise Planner daily.   This is the same information I received when I called RC a few weeks ago to inquire about The Key.   Will keep checking Cruise Planner frequently. 

Thank-you for reporting back.

On 6/27/2019 at 7:07 PM, Mat7 said:

So so we sailed out of Southampton yesterday. We arrived to the port at 9:30am......  we went through security and then a private line for key members.  Fast and short. Sat down for about 15 minutes.  Then boarding began. We were the very first ones to board the ship. The called key members and we went right on.  Quick and simple. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rhinomike said:

So so we sailed out of Southampton yesterday. We arrived to the port at 9:30am......  we went through security and then a private line for key members.  Fast and short. Sat down for about 15 minutes.  Then boarding began. We were the very first ones to board the ship. The called key members and we went right on.  Quick and simple. 

Thank you so much for letting us know, sounds a really great start.

If you could let us know how everything else goes it would be very much appreciated.

Have a fabulous holiday x

Just off Allure with Key. Posted opinion on other thread. 

We did not have the key symbol on our set sail passes so brought along paperwork.

We simply  mentioned we had Key, re-directed to bypass lines and had no issues.

Once onboard, again directed to key area and they had a list, took our luggage ( and xtra bags). 

So for those with no Key symbol on your SSPASS, our experience was No problem. 

Enjoy ur Key Cruise!