Do you think Celebrity will approve a room change request?

SoberJulie

If it's the same Aqua Category your TA will do the change without problems.

I always look for the available cabins before giving the green light to my TA for the booking and I request book cabin No. ABC or XYZ, also when I book the B2B or B2B2B I research to book the same cabin in all the legs. I have booked GTY's and only one time I requested a change to a better location in the same CAT, this was done to the cabin I liked more.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoberJulie said:

My TA booked for us, Aqua class. I noticed that I was mid-ship but my preferrence is the aft. It appears there are still Aqua class cabins available where I would like to switch.....is it just a simple request? 

Your TA should have no problem getting Celebrity to change it as long as it is exactly the same class , you cannot go from A2 to A1 w/o payment even if it’s just a $.

58 minutes ago, If only said:

Your TA should have no problem getting Celebrity to change it as long as it is exactly the same class , you cannot go from A2 to A1 w/o payment even if it’s just a $.

Although, if you have cruised on Celebrity at least once before, then you can book an A1 for the price of an A2 using the loyalty one category upgrade.

3 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Although, if you have cruised on Celebrity at least once before, then you can book an A1 for the price of an A2 using the loyalty one category upgrade.

You cannot use the free loyalty upgrade to go to the x1 category and I believe that is true for Aqua as well.

3 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

You cannot use the free loyalty upgrade to go to the x1 category and I believe that is true for Aqua as well.

That is incorrect. It’s only C1s where you cannot get the CC upgrade to from a C2. Many pax don’t take the A2 to A1 upgrade because of their inferior cabin locations - remember, Aqua was introduced to help sell those less desirable cabins under the overhang 😉.

Villauk, the overhang is more desirable for some people (like us).  But the location under the pools and ocean view cafe are not as desirable.

I have not researched in detail, but I recall that on most ships that the higher decks (including the ones under the pools and Cafe) are usually higher priced. 

I believe the Aqua Class was a “Spa” and healthier choice, but really just a way to get more money for a cabin.  The Blu was the most significant change IMO.

Edited by jagoffee

6 hours ago, villauk said:

That is incorrect. It’s only C1s where you cannot get the CC upgrade to from a C2. Many pax don’t take the A2 to A1 upgrade because of their inferior cabin locations - remember, Aqua was introduced to help sell those less desirable cabins under the overhang 😉.

You're right! I thought it was all of the x1 categories that were excluded.

I've done it many times (always booked with a TA) within the same cabin category.. Here's a tip I've used. If you see a cabin you like on the X website, do a mock booking and put a 24 hour hold on it. Then call your TA and while on the phone with them relase the help cabin so they can grab it. I have also changed cabins when there was a price drop (before final payment) and upgraded to a higher class cabin for either a small or no difference.