Any chance of getting a mobile app back?

I just finished a Live From I did this past week and here is what I posted there, Ill post it here as well so hopefully they will take notice.

I love doing Live Froms, mostly for myself as I will use them as reminders as to what we did, what we liked etc.  My memory is terrible, lol, so they really are great to refer back to and relive the experience.  This is the first live from I have done without the tapatalk app and it was a horrible experience.  The forum is almost unusable if not on a fast network connection.  For example: I had to repeatedly log back in each time the web page loaded.  Every time I went to add a post I had to refresh the whole page and wait forever for everything to load including all the previous pictures.  Then I had to scroll somewhere near the bottom, but not quite the bottom, to find the box to put my text in and photos to upload.  The experience is so bad I don’t think I will do another live from until they bring support back for an app.  I never had any of these issues when using tapatalk.  I don’t care what solution they implement, and I understand it was an issue with the board’s software upgrade not working with tapatalk, but they have to do something as this is just a terrible user experience.  

• Like 4

I don’t care what solution they implement, and I understand it was an issue with the board’s software upgrade not working with tapatalk, but they have to do something as this is just a terrible user experience.  

You should try connecting through Tapatalk again, as it is now mostly usable. Follow the step by step instructions above (post 315?) to login.
There are still some quirks and issues with getting logged out by CC even though TT thinks you are logged in, but it's much better than dealing with the web interface.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just now, just_dont said:

You should try connecting through Tapatalk again, as it is now mostly usable. Follow the step by step instructions above (post 315?) to login.
There are still some quirks and issues with getting logged out by CC even though TT thinks you are logged in, but it's much better than dealing with the web interface.

Saw that and just tried it, I get the invalid password issue and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, changing pw, all with no joy

Saw that and just tried it, I get the invalid password issue and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, changing pw, all with no joy
That's strange. I never had an issue with Invalid Password, but I do have to manually logout and select "no" when logging back in.

Sorry it's not working for you.

2 minutes ago, just_dont said:

That's strange. I never had an issue with Invalid Password, but I do have to manually logout and select "no" when logging back in.

Sorry it's not working for you.

Yea me too, I’m hoping this update that I supposed to drop soon will resolve the issue.

I ran into the same problem. Once in Tapatalk, I DELETED CRUSECRITIC from my list of subscribed forums. Then I closed out of Tapatalk. I then reopened Tapatalk and added CC back in as a subscription. Give that a shot

Be aware that there's a weird logged out / not logged out thing going on. It's on CC's end.

5 minutes ago, POA1 said:

I ran into the same problem. Once in Tapatalk, I DELETED CRUSECRITIC from my list of subscribed forums. Then I closed out of Tapatalk. I then reopened Tapatalk and added CC back in as a subscription. Give that a shot

Be aware that there's a weird logged out / not logged out thing going on. It's on CC's end.

Thanks, gave it a try and still the same issue.  I’m sure it will start working one of these days!

47 minutes ago, Steelers0854 said:

Thanks, gave it a try and still the same issue.  I’m sure it will start working one of these days!

If you are on Android, you can try clearing all the data for Tapatalk. Open the settings applet, under Device, click on Apps. Scroll down until you see Tapatalk. Give it a few seconds to populate Storage. Click Storage. Clear both the app and the cached data. That might work. Then again, maybe not. But at least the Ravens lost. 

I can read the forums on the old cruise critic app I redownloaded and on Tapatalk which I’ve never used before but it won’t let me log in on either platform. Tried both username and email. Tried resetting my password but that didn’t help. I’m on a new iPhone XS running iOS 12.1.2. Seems extra odd that I can read the forums and they’re totally current but can’t log in.

I can read the forums on the old cruise critic app I redownloaded and on Tapatalk which I’ve never used before but it won’t let me log in on either platform. Tried both username and email. Tried resetting my password but that didn’t help. I’m on a new iPhone XS running iOS 12.1.2. Seems extra odd that I can read the forums and they’re totally current but can’t log in.

You are not going to be able to log in on iOS until Tapatalk is updated. Nothing you do will make the current version you have installed on your iPhone work. Tapatalk has a new version in beta that does fix logging into Cruise Critic. I am using a beta version and I am logged in and posting from Tapatalk right now using an iPhone XS running iOS 12.1.2. When the beta testing is complete Tapatalk will issue a new updated version thru the Apple App Store that has the fix. I don’t know when that will be as they are still testing new beta builds but a version that works on Cruise Critic is coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

I just finished a Live From I did this past week and here is what I posted there, Ill post it here as well so hopefully they will take notice.

May I suggest that you email this to the board admins at help@cruisecritic.com? This sort of thing cannot be told to them too many times and yours is a particularly detailed explanation. Do not assume that they will read it simply by posting it here.

Edited by MisterBill99

52 minutes ago, faerievert said:

Am I reading that correctly, you can read forums using the old app? I think you're the first I have heard of who has been able to do that.

Am I reading that correctly, you can read forums using the old app? I think you're the first I have heard of who has been able to do that.  

That is correct. I also have the old CC app installed on my iPhone and can read the forums with it but not log in with it.  

17 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

I love doing Live Froms, mostly for myself as I will use them as reminders as to what we did, what we liked etc.  My memory is terrible, lol, so they really are great to refer back to and relive the experience.  This is the first live from I have done without the tapatalk app and it was a horrible experience.  The forum is almost unusable if not on a fast network connection.  For example: I had to repeatedly log back in each time the web page loaded.  Every time I went to add a post I had to refresh the whole page and wait forever for everything to load including all the previous pictures.  Then I had to scroll somewhere near the bottom, but not quite the bottom, to find the box to put my text in and photos to upload.  The experience is so bad I don’t think I will do another live from until they bring support back for an app.  I never had any of these issues when using tapatalk.  I don’t care what solution they implement, and I understand it was an issue with the board’s software upgrade not working with tapatalk, but they have to do something as this is just a terrible user experience.  

That was exactly my experience when I tried my first live last month. 

I didn’t even try to do one on the cruise that is disembarking this morning. 

I think some some of the long time  live reviewers have moved on and abandoned cruise critic. 

I feel the same pain. I co-hosted a live blog on the inaugural voyage of the Nieuw Statendam last month and it got very frustrating having to wait for the site to refresh and to load pictures. Thank goodness on the ship we at least had the newer internet plans that didn’t rely on minutes. 

We’re doing another live blog for our Grand South America voyage and it’s the same thing. 

Can't wait for a solution to this. Really miss Tapatalk!!

I feel the same pain. I co-hosted a live blog on the inaugural voyage of the Nieuw Statendam last month and it got very frustrating having to wait for the site to refresh and to load pictures. Thank goodness on the ship we at least had the newer internet plans that didn’t rely on minutes. 

We’re doing another live blog for our Grand South America voyage and it’s the same thing. 

Can't wait for a solution to this. Really miss Tapatalk!!

I hear ya! I typically go hybrid on a Live From, with major posts from my PC and walking around "color commentary" from my phone via Tapatalk. I have nothing against the new site, but if you want to bang out some quick text only posts, the mobile version is like typing through Jell-O. (Slow, tedious, and your hands smell like fruit afterwards.)

On 1/5/2019 at 11:37 AM, Charles4515 said:

I hope Cruise Critic can fix the log outs. Whether using a web site or the apps they are annoying. There must be an incompatibility between the Invision forum software and the log on method Cruise Critic is using. The other Invision board I use does not keep logging me out. The previous software that Cruise Critic used did not have the log out problem. I hate to say it but it seems like CC did not do “due diligence” in their software choice.

The CC boards are just a part of CC. The website maintains users accounts and I believe the fundamental issue is trying to maintain a single login for the new board software and the rest of the website..

The CC boards are just a part of CC. The website maintains users accounts and I believe the fundamental issue is trying to maintain a single login for the new board software and the rest of the website..

That is possible. What is happening now is that you log in to the website and get switched to the forums in my browser window. It’s weird. Never seen anything like it.

The log in to Tapatalk has changed from Tapatalk logging in to Cruise Critic to logging in to the website log in page and then being switched to the mobile app. It is going to confuse some.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:12 AM, Steelers0854 said:

Yeah it was a big pain to post during my Vision Panama Canal cruise. I am on Symphony Jan 19 and now that I can post through Tapatalk I plan to do a live report again. But I will probably just post daily instead of all day long since the app keeps logging out. 

15 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

May I suggest that you email this to the board admins at help@cruisecritic.com? This sort of thing cannot be told to them too many times and yours is a particularly detailed explanation. Do not assume that they will read it simply by posting it here.

Done. Good suggestion!

HI all!

I just read about CC being available as an app on Android so gave it a try.

It won't allow me to sign in using the same info I use here. It says "false" in grey at the bottom of the page.

Should I notify CC?

TIA for any help.

~ Jo ~ [emoji4]

Tapatalk is available now on Android. The branded CC app is not available yet. Laura posted it is coming in a few weeks.

Tapatalk is available now on Android. The branded CC app is not available yet. Laura posted it is coming in a few weeks.

Yes, the boards are once again available via Tapatalk, however the normal Tapatalk login method doesn't work. You have to tell the app "no" when it asks to log you in, and then do a manual login. Hopefully that'll be corrected in the future, but I'm happy to see it working again regardless.

Yes, the boards are once again available via Tapatalk, however the normal Tapatalk login method doesn't work. You have to tell the app "no" when it asks to log you in, and then do a manual login. Hopefully that'll be corrected in the future, but I'm happy to see it working again regardless.

On the iOS (iPhone) version of Tapatalk that is being beta tested it is not the normal Tapatalk login either but it works different than what you describe. When you select log in you are taken to the web login page. Then after logging in you are switched back to Tapatalk. It is weird.