Come Sail Away - "Live" from Enchantment 11/16 - 11/19

John&LaLa

3 hours ago, perfect match said:

I’m afraid that instead of motivating me to book us on Enchantment, it’s working the other way around! 😱 

Actually, I am still considering booking on EN, so I’m not letting DH read this! All he would need to see was how cold your cabin was and that would be the end of my plans! 

Shes a beautiful ship, don’t let this stop you from booking this beautiful queen. Things happen and sadly John & Laura are in the things happen catagory of their cruise. 😀

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Internet getting spotty, to frustrating to continue now.  

It could be worse; not have O3B.

Biker, who wonders if OBC will be in the offing for the cabin issues.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, perfect match said:

I’m afraid that instead of motivating me to book us on Enchantment, it’s working the other way around! 😱 

Actually, I am still considering booking on EN, so I’m not letting DH read this! All he would need to see was how cold your cabin was and that would be the end of my plans! 

Ship happens. 😉

17 hours ago, iuki said:

How can someone delete a post? !!!!

You can't but as long as you are within time limits...you can go back and edit.  Most just post:

"duplicate post" or "deleted" 

Though reading further down...John seems to know how to do it.  Maybe new option with the new changes?  

Edited by island lady

Since I will be on EOS in a few weeks (in a Suite) I have a couple questions. 

1) What suite # are you staying in?  I will be in 8534 and my Sister and BIL will be in 8532.  If its mine, i hope they have the air fixed by then.  I think my sister and bil like sleeping in a deep freeze. 

2) Is Chops free for Suite guests? 

Enjoy your trip...

Ray

6 minutes ago, Iowa_Vike said:

1) What suite # are you staying in?  I will be in 8534 and my Sister and BIL will be in 8532.  If its mine, i hope they have the air fixed by then.  I think my sister and bil like sleeping in a deep freeze. 

Enjoy your trip...

Ray

John and Laura are Pinnacle.  They could eat in Chops even if booked into an inside cabin.  😉 

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Though reading further down...John seems to know how to do it.  Maybe new option with the new changes?  

A mod can delete the post - though I don't know if they'll do it just for asking, maybe you need to "know" one of the mods.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, island lady said:

We are close...we call it the "Food slammer".  😉 

Simeon once called it the “Windy 500”, with all the scooters waiting for the flag to drop. The imagery is classic, espically with Simeon saying it 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Simeon once called it the “Windy 500”, with all the scooters waiting for the flag to drop. The imagery is classic, espically with Simeon saying it 

LOL!  Yes...I have seen the starting line up many times.  So funny!  Ready set...EAT!!!  😄 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Iowa_Vike said:

Enjoy your trip...

Ray

8172 aft JS 

Like I said earlier, lots of signage 

No one eats dinner in Chops for free, suites and Pinnacle get breakfast there

20181118_083934.jpg

20181118_083946.jpg

20181118_083923.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Thanks for your review John.  It's a little disappointing though to see how things are sliding downhill.   I remember being on the EN a few years ago with John Denton, Hotel Director Extraordinaire.  Now that was a great time.  He always had Captains tables, sometimes TWO.  He treated every guest as if they were his only guest.  He would give gifts at the Captains table as well. I miss him!

We've actually been in your same JS but we didn't have any air conditioning problems thank heavens and I hope this is straightened out for you.  We did have problems with internet though, maybe because we were all the way at the back of the ship.  I hope the rest of your cruise gets better for you!  

4 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

Thanks for your review John.  It's a little disappointing though to see how things are sliding downhill.   I remember being on the EN a few years ago with John Denton, Hotel Director Extraordinaire.  Now that was a great time.  He always had Captains tables, sometimes TWO.  He treated every guest as if they were his only guest.  He would give gifts at the Captains table as well. I miss him!

We've actually been in your same JS but we didn't have any air conditioning problems thank heavens and I hope this is straightened out for you.  We did have problems with internet though, maybe because we were all the way at the back of the ship.  I hope the rest of your cruise gets better for you!  

Me too.  Really miss JD.  We were also one of the fortunate ones to be invited to his "captain's" table...though of course no captain present.  He gave us all gifts of framed photos of the evening.  We had a great time, I was lucky enough to be assigned to sit next to him and loved all his stories.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 2:44 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

I have not seen a top tier on Enchantment  in a while.   I believe they do NOT  even recognize new cruisers who reach Pinnacle on the ship.

M

Can anyone else validate this. It is news to me!

1 hour ago, Scotty G said:

Can anyone else validate this. It is news to me!

We were on last weekend and can confirm that there is definitely no longer a Top Tier party on 3 night weekend cruises.  We chatted about it with both Anastasia, the LA on board, and Perla in the CL.  They said it is the Miami policy.  No more Wacky Seagull party either!

Although any cruise is better than being at work, we were very underwhelmed and probably won't book any more EN cruises.  Actually, we didn't book the EN, we booked MJ for last weekend, January, and February and were switched.

We found that around the ship, the upper level officers were pretty much invisible.  Our MDR table was a two-top next to the Captain's table.  We saw no activity there and our waitstaff said there hasn't been a dinner at that table in at least 3 months.  Clunis Daley is the HD and we have had dinner with him before at the Captain's Table on AD, so not sure if this is also a Miami policy or what.

We also found the entire ship was cool!  I'm rarely cold anymore so I'm not complaining!  😁  The AC in our room worked really well!  We actually had to turn it down once.  I can't remember the last time that happened!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

We were on last weekend and can confirm that there is definitely no longer a Top Tier party on 3 night weekend cruises.  We chatted about it with both Anastasia, the LA on board, and Perla in the CL.  They said it is the Miami policy.  No more Wacky Seagull party either!

Although any cruise is better than being at work, we were very underwhelmed and probably won't book any more EN cruises.  Actually, we didn't book the EN, we booked MJ for last weekend, January, and February and were switched.

We found that around the ship, the upper level officers were pretty much invisible.  Our MDR table was a two-top next to the Captain's table.  We saw no activity there and our waitstaff said there hasn't been a dinner at that table in at least 3 months.  Clunis Daley is the HD and we have had dinner with him before at the Captain's Table on AD, so not sure if this is also a Miami policy or what.

We also found the entire ship was cool!  I'm rarely cold anymore so I'm not complaining!  😁  The AC in our room worked really well!  We actually had to turn it down once.  I can't remember the last time that happened!

I don't know if it's a policy or directive but basically Miami told them to quit wasting money. They were giving away too many bottles of booze and were told to stop.

• Thanks 1