MAKE GALLERY PICTURES OPTIONAL

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

You need about 4 more photos to flush the right side.

Here's how it works. The 4 - 5 albums with new pictures show up in individual threads like this.  The 4-5 newest pictures show up in the sub Forums, like Royal Caribbean. 

I need to post 4 pictures in 4 different albums to remove the selfie.  That's a lot of work

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Here's how it works. The 4 - 5 albums with new pictures show up in individual threads like this.  The 4-5 newest pictures show up in the sub Forums, like Royal Caribbean. 

I need to post 4 pictures in 4 different albums to remove the selfie.  That's a lot of work

Apologies John, I had no idea. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peregrina651 said:

BRAVO!!! Well done!!! (LOL, not that I can see the results of your labor since I have blocked that element, but still still deserving of a fanfare).

You're missing some interesting pics.

Barefoot Beach in Labadee 

Changing of guard in Stockholm

Mini towel animal 

Harmony of Seas as a sand sculpture

Work on Coco Cay pier 

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2018 at 10:30 AM, LauraS said:

OK, I'm not getting this at all.   Why do they need to be blocked?

Laura -- Thanks for following this thread, and listening to our concerns. Personally, I just don't want to look at vacation pictures (no matter how good they are) posted by complete strangers. Oh, and don't even get me started on those "selfies" -- that don't even have anything cruise-related, in the picture!  :classic_rolleyes:

For me, this is just like signatures: Some folks love them -- and routinely expand them. Others prefer to switch them off, entirely. What I would like to see is a similar 'off-switch' for the photo column. I don't even mind that it would be wasted screen space. I would much rather look at a blank, white area on my screen, than some of the pictures that have been posted, in this new format. (Thanks again for letting me rant -- I'll climb off my soapbox, now!  :classic_blush:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You're missing some interesting pics.

Barefoot Beach in Labadee 

Changing of guard in Stockholm

Mini towel animal 

Harmony of Seas as a sand sculpture

Work on Coco Cay pier 

One person's "interesting pics" is another person's annoying, irrelevant clutter on a discussion board environment.

There are plenty of places to find the abovementioned photos, if desired. 

As has been posted, there should be an option to view or block them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

One person's "interesting pics" is another person's annoying, irrelevant clutter on a discussion board environment.

There are plenty of places to find the abovementioned photos, if desired. 

As has been posted, there should be an option to view or block them. 

Absolutely,  but until then would you prefer the mug shot? Just trying to lighten the mood until the switch is available. 😉

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Absolutely,  but until then would you prefer the mug shot? Just trying to lighten the mood until the switch is available. 😉

Perhaps we should be flooding the CC inbox with our requests to make this feature optional rather than sitting here in the cafe complaining to one another.  Perhaps even include the most offensive art work in our missives?

(Yes, I am rabble rousing--and please, if you do write, send only one e-mail. Let's keep this civilized.)

7 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Perhaps we should be flooding the CC inbox with our requests to make this feature optional rather than sitting here in the cafe complaining to one another.  Perhaps even include the most offensive art work in our missives?

(Yes, I am rabble rousing--and please, if you do write, send only one e-mail. Let's keep this civilized.)

This may end up in my Serenade album before weekend is over. 

20180823_104059.jpg

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

If I place photos in my post are they going to appear in the Gallery?  Or are people posting to the gallery separately? 

Have to create a separate album.  Totally unrelated.  They can be in both, however.  Several of mine are in 'Live' reviews

Edited by John&LaLa

17 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

It's a good idea to send a direct email, and I’ve dine so.  I really don’t want these photos on my screen.  

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Have to create a separate album.  Totally unrelated.  They can be in both, however.  Several of mine are in 'Live' reviews

Thanks. Glad they are unrelated. Many of my photos attached to posts are to answer a question like what are taxi rates, and is of the taxi rate sign etc. Would not want them posted to the galleries of albums.

36 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Glad they are unrelated. Many of my photos attached to posts are to answer a question like what are taxi rates, and is of the taxi rate sign etc. Would not want them posted to the galleries of albums.

I don't know what CCers would make of my endless screenshots if they got posted automatically to the sidebar! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

The target element for the right rail is:

.ipsLayout_sidebarright

If you use something like Stylebot for Chrome, you can add:

.ipsLayout_sidebarright {

display:none;

}

to get rid of it. (I don't think you need an !important because Stylebot's CSS will load last and get precedence.

The rule for other software is:

boards.cruisecritic.com##.ipsLayout_sidebarright

You can fix all the times when content gets hidden under thefixed, white navbar with:

.section__header {

display:none;

}

Other blockers would use:

boards.cruisecritic.com##.section__header

But ad-blocking is wrong and causes children to starve.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Going to add my voice here to the pleas to add a feature to turn off the photo albums.  I hesitate to use an ad blocker, as I realize that is how cruise critic gets paid, but I don't care to see close ups of some strangers "assets"  as it were :classic_cool:

It's only close when you zoom in. 😉

17 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Going to add my voice here to the pleas to add a feature to turn off the photo albums.  I hesitate to use an ad blocker, as I realize that is how cruise critic gets paid, but I don't care to see close ups of some strangers "assets"  as it were :classic_cool:

Well, CC doesn't get paid for the pictures in the albums and you can set the ad blocker to NOT block ads and then use it to block the album photos.

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It's only close when you zoom in. 😉

My eyes are still scarred from the waterfall pics lol 

I'm considering starting my own album starring my cats lol... or perhaps photos of my home decorating endeavors... except there's already an app for that called Instagram :classic_biggrin:

I'll call my album "All Dante, all the time :)

IMG_1746.jpg

Edited by cruise kitty

1 minute ago, cruise kitty said:

My eyes are still scarred from the waterfall pics lol 

I'm considering starting my own album starring my cats lol... or perhaps photos of my home decorating endeavors... except there's already an app for that called Instagram :classic_biggrin:

I'll call my album "All Dante, all the time 🙂

IMG_1746.jpg

Bob said no CATS.