Aqua Benefits

W283386

We are on the eclipse at the moment and it’s been very quiet above us, no complaints on this front. Service and amenities have deteriorated. Towels are not plush. Some are ok but others literally have holes in them and are thin as a paper. I could post a photo if anyone interested. I complained twice and housekeeping said they will make sure it doesn’t happen again but it continues. There is no one in charge of Aqua class and no one knows where to direct a general complaint. Very disappointed this time around with Aqua. Blu service is still impeccable!! No complaints there and I think it is because the manager is very visible!!

11 hours ago, puli said:

we are under the Persian garden so hopefully not noisy

I wouldn’t think so Puli, it’s a relatively large space with only a handful of people in it at a time! Door’s too narrow for the big linen cart! 😉

seriously, answering a noise question is like giving an opinion on food! I would speculate that under the PG would be a prime spot, because of quiet. Some people might have found our first AQ to be too noisy- it woke us up, even woke up DH who is a much sounder sleeper than I am, but that wasn’t really a bother... chair hogs, those are a bother!

2 hours ago, trvlrs said:

We are on the eclipse at the moment and it’s been very quiet above us, no complaints on this front. Service and amenities have deteriorated. Towels are not plush. Some are ok but others literally have holes in them and are thin as a paper. I could post a photo if anyone interested. I complained twice and housekeeping said they will make sure it doesn’t happen again but it continues. There is no one in charge of Aqua class and no one knows where to direct a general complaint. Very disappointed this time around with Aqua. Blu service is still impeccable!! No complaints there and I think it is because the manager is very visible!!

Is the Blu Maitre D' Ben?

If so, yes, that's why the service is impeccable and smooth.

Please tell him Allan and Karen say hello and we're still sad he won't be on the Silhouette! (He'll know)

22 minutes ago, chamima said:

Is the Blu Maitre D' Ben?

If so, yes, that's why the service is impeccable and smooth.

Please tell him Allan and Karen say hello and we're still sad he won't be on the Silhouette! (He'll know)

No, the maitre D is Alex....impeccable!! Too bad I can’t say the same about everything else

On 11/20/2018 at 5:28 PM, 2+2 said:

Is there some place to eat on embarkation day for Aqua class soon after we board.  Or is the buffet the only place. It is usually so crowded then. Any secrets. This well be our first Celebrity cruise. 

Run to the Aqua Spa cafe!  The buffet is somewhere you do not want to be on embarkation.  We always go there and very rarely  is it crowded. Cheers!

Edited by whatyouknowsays

• 2 weeks later...

It is full!! I didn’t ask them to remove the items but I don’t see why they wouldn’t accommodate you. I asked them to remove the keyboard which takes up space in the drawer and the extra orange pillows. The room and space isn’t large enough to accommodate all their extras, they removed everything no questions asked. Have a good trip!

10 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

BettyPC:  We spend 60 to 90 nights a year on Celebrity ships.  During recent years we have been on ships when the mini-bar was not stocked.  If it is stocked and you do not want it stocked, yes, your stateroom attendant will empty it.

We can’t begin to match your 60 to 90 days/year, but we’ve never had an empty mini-bar - it would be nice if we did.  Sometimes the steward will empty it for us, sometimes they’ve (nicely) said that they’re not allowed, but we could do it ourselves.   Since the under-bed lifejacket basket appeared a few years ago,  I’ve found that the mini-bar items fit nicely in there, underneath the lifejackets.

Edited by lisiamc

8 hours ago, lisiamc said:

We can’t begin to match your 60 to 90 days/year, but we’ve never had an empty mini-bar - it would be nice if we did.  ......

lisiamc:  We have found empty mini-bars both in Aqua and Sky Suites.  And one time on a B2B when we changed staterooms on the legs (from a Sky to a Celebrity suite) the SS mini-bar was empty while the CS was stocked.  Seems to be hit and miss.  And we are folks who don't care as we never use the mini-bars.  We don't store anything in them (i.e., medicine or products we brought on board) nor do we use the Celebrity stocked product.

• 2 weeks later...

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, OneParticularHarbour 71 said:

Who do you trade your sparkling wine out with?  The stateroom host?  Is this ok to do?  We  never drink the sparkling wine we’ve received on different cruise lines but never thought to ask to trade it for something else.  Would be nice to get just a regular bottle of wine if we could. 

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:38 PM, Jim_Iain said:

We always swap it out.   You can also take it to dinner with you and swap it the will advise you of the credit value.

I am super excited we scored an aqua cabin for little more than our initial inside cabin. so I am wondering as we do not drink alcohol could we swap the sparkling wine for waters or sodas instead ie credit value of same. Thanks

15 minutes ago, craftymarie said:

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, OneParticularHarbour 71 said:

Who do you trade your sparkling wine out with?  The stateroom host?  Is this ok to do?  We  never drink the sparkling wine we’ve received on different cruise lines but never thought to ask to trade it for something else.  Would be nice to get just a regular bottle of wine if we could. 

I am super excited we scored an aqua cabin for little more than our initial inside cabin. so I am wondering as we do not drink alcohol could we swap the sparkling wine for waters or sodas instead ie credit value of same. Thanks

Never tried to swap for Water or Soda.     I have had them swap it for a non-alcoholic wine.    We normally sail in a suite and just ask the shoreside concierge to swap it.    On the ship you could either ask your stateroom attendant or even bring it to the dining room and the will tell you how much credit they will give you for something else. 

49 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Never tried to swap for Water or Soda.     I have had them swap it for a non-alcoholic wine.    We normally sail in a suite and just ask the shoreside concierge to swap it.    On the ship you could either ask your stateroom attendant or even bring it to the dining room and the will tell you how much credit they will give you for something else. 

We've never tried to swap it for water or soda, but have always just taken it to dinner and asked the sommelier without problems.  The last time we asked our room steward he wasn't allowed.

After reading these forums, I was thinking of looking at Aqua Class (and see if the upgrade would be reasonable)... but I think I am locked in (already did check in before I joined Cruise Critic).

Used to show "change rooms", but now it doesn't.... maybe next cruise we will upgrade.

On 2/7/2019 at 7:40 PM, Luvcrusn said:

We've never tried to swap it for water or soda, but have always just taken it to dinner and asked the sommelier without problems.  The last time we asked our room steward he wasn't allowed.

Thanks to all who replied. We can but ask lol

On 1/10/2019 at 6:13 AM, trvlrs said:

I have often suggested that there is a need for an AQ Class concierge..not just one on paper.. job should be to insure benefits are available and up to standards.

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mraven1 said:

I'm new to cruising and AQ - from what I understand Blu only serves breakfast and dinner, what do AQ passengers do for lunch?

They eat with the unwashed masses 🙂  at the buffet, Main Dining Room, mast grill or, for a fee, one of the specialty restaurants. 

On 2/8/2019 at 8:17 AM, Newbie2006 said:

After reading these forums, I was thinking of looking at Aqua Class (and see if the upgrade would be reasonable)... but I think I am locked in (already did check in before I joined Cruise Critic).

Used to show "change rooms", but now it doesn't.... maybe next cruise we will upgrade.

You can upgrade or switch cabins after doing check in. I did. Call your TA or Celebrity if you booked directly.