YC More Items now not included!!!!

marcoigna

Following Face book post with passengers on Seaside - B2B - in YC - with snap shot of new menu in YC

-  Last week no charge for lobster, this week new charges as follows:

-  Angus Beef, Bone-In Ribeye - $20.99

-  Surf / Turf - $23.95

-  Steamed Cold Water Lobster - $19.95

thing are certainly changing fast in the YC these past few weeks - 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marcoigna said:

Following Face book post with passengers on Seaside - B2B - in YC - with snap shot of new menu in YC

-  Surf / Turf - $23.95

That is really cheap of MSC. Especially given the rising prices for the YC.

I hope the market doesn't take it for much longer. Same for NCL - people are paying ever increasing prices - the only thing that will stop the increase is if people stop paying the prices. But that looks unlikely to happen any time soon, sadly.

6 hours ago, marcoigna said:

-  Surf / Turf - $23.95

Yikes!  I thought they were only charging extra for the Lobster if you wanted it in addition to their Thanksgiving dinner.  

• Like 1

I for one am absolutely tired of them changing things for the yacht club on a daily basis! We sailed on Seaside last June in the YC and it was FANTASTIC! Booked another one for March of 2019 and I can tell you that if I hadn't already paid in full and booked my flights I would cancel this cruise because I am sick of all the take-aways! If it was one thing ok , two thing whatever, but it seems like every other day they are taking something away! Pretty sure this will be our last MSC with that raising of prices for YC and the lessening of amenities. Sorry MSC but if you keep this up you are going to lose customers!

• Like 2

I have to believe the alleged menu charges in YC restaurant is fake news! This looks to me more akin to what happens in the MDR....which is fair enough. Let's put it this way, if it is true then after our Preziosa YC in February we would not return as prices are definitely increasing and value it seems is declining. At least we w(sh)ould not be subject to those charges as we booked this cruise mid-october, before any of the reported so called 'complimentary' withdrawals.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2013cruiser2013 said:

Do we know what Facebook page people are posting this to? I've searched, but haven't come across anything.

I've seen it and it is a legit menu posted and a person definately in the YC! for what it's worth iit is in the group "MSC Yacht Club - Seaside, Davina, ....

This has been MSC's plan from the beginning and now it's execution time. Offer great rates on the Seaside when she first came out. Offer nice perks and drink packages that were great values. Get their name out there with the first cruisers to spread the word of the value. Now, after a year throw the NCL playbook in there and nickel and dime you to death now. I'm so glad I sailed  her with my wife and kids this past April because now as I look at pricing and value I would probably avoid MSC. I wanted to sail the Seaside again but not at a higher price with less value than our first trip so that will never happen. I booked that sucker back in 2016 when the prices were LOW ....... 

Tall ... We were lucky enough to sail Seaside last Xmas and in April as you did, during those few months changes were starting to be made, Free zipline at Xmas, pay in April, removal of crepes and then restored, no idea if they are still available now, I hear no Venchi drinks included. Gelato now taken out of the New packages and as you know the drink packages changed.

Previous to this Breakfast smoothies were included and then removed, Fresh orange juice removed when they changed from Allegrissimo to Classic and prior to that High end drinks taken out of Deluxe package.

I think these changes will put people off but those who would likely not buy or use the items on a cruise will be happy.

5 minutes ago, sidari said:

Tall ... We were lucky enough to sail Seaside last Xmas and in April as you did, during those few months changes were starting to be made, Free zipline at Xmas, pay in April, removal of crepes and then restored, no idea if they are still available now, I hear no Venchi drinks included. Gelato now taken out of the New packages and as you know the drink packages changed.

Previous to this Breakfast smoothies were included and then removed, Fresh orange juice removed when they changed from Allegrissimo to Classic and prior to that High end drinks taken out of Deluxe package.

I think these changes will put people off but those who would likely not buy or use the items on a cruise will be happy.

When we cruise, we generally chill out of any media even rarely using TV in cabin! One of the little touches we loved in YC was the the provision of our selected newspaper. That enabled us to quickly skim news, and to read more comprehensively on sea days. I would imagine that perk will be removed soon, if not already....far from being a dealbreaker, to be fair!

So: If this is true: Is MSC really interested on transforming the YC on just another mainstream cabin category instead of a real premium product? Really? Meanwhile, from where I live the competitors are selling each time more inclusive perks for cruises even on the so called steerage!... NCL here in Portugal is selling a premium all inclusive drinks package attached to each cruise even on the lowest priced cabin categories, let alone suites as the bare minimum to go with!... The higher the category the more you get!... X is doing the same!... Even RCI is experiencing this in selected sailings right now, letting alone honeymoon and other promotions!... This has no sense at all!... Real suite guests will go away elsewhere and they'll need their usual hard discounts to fill capacity! No doubts on that!... Await March next year and you'll see!... Have a nice day!... 🙂

So prior to these new "for a charge" menu items appearing on the Yacht Club menu, could you, any day of the week, ask for a cold water lobster tail or surf and turf, and get it?  Aren't they just making these items available every day now, but for a charge?  Do we know for a fact that they've completely done away with an evening where surf and turf is part of the regular menu? 

I do agree that the beverage/gelato changes could have been handled better.  How hard is it to communicate from the top to make sure everyone's (travel agents included)  on the same page? 

New group of people boarding today (Seaside).  Can't wait to hear what they have to say.  And if they're reading this...have a great week!!

Edited by jules815
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, jules815 said:

So prior to these new "for a charge" menu items appearing on the Yacht Club menu, could you, any day of the week, ask for a cold water lobster tail or surf and turf, and get it?  Aren't they just making these items available every day now, but for a charge?  Do we know for a fact that they've completely done away with an evening where surf and turf is part of the regular menu? 

You make a very good point, and I believe you have cracked what this alleged charging is about! These will still be available as a normal menu item in YC on 'elegant nights'', as you suggest...thanks!

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sidari said:

There is still much to enjoy about the Seaside still even with the cutbacks. Many wouldn't even know about the cuts going forward. For those of us like myself and sidari, the cuts are more obvious and a bit more disappointing. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

There is still much to enjoy about the Seaside still even with the cutbacks. Many wouldn't even know about the cuts going forward. For those of us like myself and sidari, the cuts are more obvious and a bit more disappointing. 

Exactly!... The real ones noting those cutbacks are the "oldies"... That explains why they can do this and remain as profitable as they are if not even more... But that only works for "steerage". True suite guests are another "animal". Let us to see where this will end...

Meanwhile at least some of those now changing items might to be pure new inclusions and not transformations like anyone said. That might be a good point as well.

1 hour ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

When in danger, fear or doubt,

Run in circles, scream and shout

which pretty much describes this thread of angst, anger, and worry over unconfirmed reports of changes around the margin.  Panic early, beat the rush.

How true, you made me smile!

31 minutes ago, hamrag said:

How true, you made me smile!

1 hour ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

When in danger, fear or doubt,

Run in circles, scream and shout

which pretty much describes this thread of angst, anger, and worry over unconfirmed reports of changes around the margin.  Panic early, beat the rush.

Here is my poem:

After my Haven-ly NCL

Jumped up prices and perks went to hell,

MSC said "try Yacht Club, ya know...

You get Champagne, crepes and gelato!

Fact or fiction?  Only time will tell.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I too am glad I experienced seaside before the increases and cutbacks...after sailing a couple of MSC ships I enjoyed the differences...hate to think that MSC is becoming another NCL or even royal caribbean....was getting a group together for June for seaside but that plan has now changed

Boarded Seaside YC today 24Nov.

Had a talk with the Director of YC.

Upcharge for food  in YC dinning room was only for the Thanksgiving cruise. No upcharge on this cruise.   Going forward who knows.

Old Deluxe package is honored including gelato and Venchi chocolate martinis. However have not tested that yet. Sorry didn’t ask about crepes.

Future bookings will be Premium with the mini bar included for YC only. No gelato for YC on future booking with Premium.

YC lost the zipline being included. It was never officially listed as being included but it was.

So going forward on future YC bookings it is a loss of gelato and zipline.

• Like 3