RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I really dont think anyone understands the objection here. 🤔

My take - it is a psychological reaction such as "Am I not good enough for you that you have to find a back up? Do you think I am not committed to come?" etc.

What is different here is that there is only one of this type of cabin. Usually you really don't know what others are bidding on.

7 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

While I plan on reading all 66 pages at some point, I haven't seen this mentioned from what I have read.

Our last cruise in Feb  with NCL  offered an "upgrade " from our suite to a different suite class. The terms/rules of the upgrade program stated that you  were only allowed a 2 category jump in class- i.e. an Inside or OV cannot upgrade thru their bid  program to a suite . It seems that Royal is being a little more "generous" with whom they allow to bid on what categories.

That being said I cant wait to see if we get an opportunity for Allure in June. We are in GS but there are many, many suites of higher grades still available. Don't know if I will actually bid but I must say that curiosity has gotten ahold of me.

NCL started sending upgrade emails about 80 days out ( final payment with them is 120 days for suites) . 

When does Royal start?

Thanks and have a spectacular day!

Maxie

Got mine 3 days before the cruise!!!

Sailing on Anthem 3/15!

1 hour ago, toras said:

My take - it is a psychological reaction such as "Am I not good enough for you that you have to find a back up? Do you think I am not committed to come?" etc.

What is different here is that there is only one of this type of cabin. Usually you really don't know what others are bidding on.

I guess

On 3/7/2019 at 1:48 PM, dodgestang said:

The program certainly is an interesting diversion for the weeks coming up to the cruise when you are the most excited and think about cruising all the time.

I received an up offer for my April 13th sailing to move from the owner loft to royal loft on Anthem.

I have 'known' from when I booked the Royal Loft was booked and paid for in full already because the rep told me that when I was trying to book it 😉 .  I booked 3 days before the 90 day out full payment due so feel pretty sure I won't get an upgrade.

When I got the upgrade it had a min bid of $1500/person.

When I pulled up the interface it showed $1500 min and $4000 max as upgrade bid options.

I bid what was considered 1 step above weak and I have checked it weekly since placing with it showing as 1 step above weak.

I went back and checked the interface today, clicked on modify and what I had bid is now the MAX bid that can be input and strongest possible. LOL

I still have no expectation of getting upgraded but thought it was funny.

We have been booked in a grand loft suite on anthem for the 13th departure for a year now. Got the email to royal up with minimum 1500 max 4000. Then 3 weeks later minimum had dropped to 1200 with maximum 2000. The upgrade isn’t a huge advantage as still star class but the extra room and the hot tub on the bedroom deck would be nice. Will post back when I get denial or acceptance email. It was unavailable to book even when I booked originally over a year ago....

32 minutes ago, cruisedaddoc said:

We have been booked in a grand loft suite on anthem for the 13th departure for a year now. Got the email to royal up with minimum 1500 max 4000. Then 3 weeks later minimum had dropped to 1200 with maximum 2000. The upgrade isn’t a huge advantage as still star class but the extra room and the hot tub on the bedroom deck would be nice. Will post back when I get denial or acceptance email. It was unavailable to book even when I booked originally over a year ago....

We are in competition.  😉

I like the idea of the Royal Loft because the kids can sleep on the pull out in a room with a door that closes.....with the bedroom loft layout....a little privacy gets lost (even though I love the giant windows and wouldn't give them up).

I'm sure the people won't cancel .

Edited by dodgestang

13 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

We are in competition.  😉

I like the idea of the Royal Loft because the kids can sleep on the pull out in a room with a door that closes.....with the bedroom loft layout....a little privacy gets lost (even though I love the giant windows and wouldn't give them up).

I'm sure the people won't cancel .

I hear you. Since it is undoubtedly a money maker I wonder if there is a difference between upstage from grand loft vs owners. Down the chain money. It’s all a fascinating new venture for them. My TA claims to hate the idea. I love to gamble so I find it fun!!!

2 hours ago, cruisedaddoc said:

Is this from a GLS to an OLS ?  It wasn't clear from your post what the upgrade suite offer is.

The only way I would consider moving SC to SC would be if I was already booked in one of the corner Deck 10 GLS.  We were in 10720 a few weeks ago and we were so disappointed in that room.  Not SC level, IMO.  If I were in 8724 or 8324  would probably not pay any additional money for an upgrade as those are very nice suites.

I'm sure the OLS is overall bigger but not enough additional space/amenities to make it worth more money to me.

2 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Is this from a GLS to an OLS ?  It wasn't clear from your post what the upgrade suite offer is.

The only way I would consider moving SC to SC would be if I was already booked in one of the corner Deck 10 GLS.  We were in 10720 a few weeks ago and we were so disappointed in that room.  Not SC level, IMO.  If I were in 8724 or 8324  would probably not pay any additional money for an upgrade as those are very nice suites.

I'm sure the OLS is overall bigger but not enough additional space/amenities to make it worth more money to me.

This was to go from the grand loft to the royal loft. Extra 700 square feet and extra enclosed sleeping space for the lo. Plus bedroom balcony with hot tub and swing. Would be interesting to be sure but I’m happy either way. Not on a corner suite currently in 724.

6 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I'm in 8720 on 4/13 (OLS)...what was the problem with 10720 that you didn't like?

6 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

Whereas if I moved to Star class on RCCL, Ido get all the perks .

This is what I had raised earlier... so if sky class suite wins a star class suite, I assume that would include drink pkg?  But I already purchased drink pkg at a tiny Black Friday discount.  So I will assume that I won’t get upgrade bid ... but oh if I do,  my drink pkg was a waste of money because u have to cancel earlier than the bid notifications.  🤔

1 hour ago, cruisedaddoc said:

This was to go from the grand loft to the royal loft. Extra 700 square feet and extra enclosed sleeping space for the lo. Plus bedroom balcony with hot tub and swing. Would be interesting to be sure but I’m happy either way. Not on a corner suite currently in 724.

Hmmmm....I might be tempted for the RLS.  I have never stayed in that category. 8724 is awesome.  We were just in that one 2 weeks ago.  We were in 8724 for the first leg of our B2B and in 10720 for the second leg,  8724 was great,  10720 was not.

Took the plunge and bid on Balconies for our upcoming TA. We are inside and I bid low, $150 for a balcony,.  and max $450, for spacious balcony.  No idea if spacious is the description for the cabin or the balcony. 😱

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Took the plunge and bid on Balconies for our upcoming TA. We are inside and I bid low, $150 for a balcony,.  and max $450, for spacious balcony.  No idea if spacious is the description for the cabin or the balcony. 😱

What ship?

1 hour ago, dodgestang said:

I'm in 8720 on 4/13 (OLS)...what was the problem with 10720 that you didn't like?

It is really small for a SC suite.  I suspect that the corner on deck 8 will be larger than the one on 10 but I don't know for sure as I have only been in 8724 on deck 8.  The problem with the size  the loft suites on the Q class are the same as the problem with the ATS on the  O class.  It's a matter of geometry.  As they move up from deck 8, they get smaller, due to the slope of the aft of the ship.  The corner suites (at least in the case of deck 10) also suffer from the curvature of the side of the ship so it's a double whammy.  The whole suite is just small.  The upstairs closet is so small that my husband and I could not even get all of our clothes into the single tiny closet.  There is almost no drawer storage space.  The second bathroom downstairs is split with the shower and a sink on one side and the toilet and a sink on the other side.  There is a tiny little dressing table behind the bed.  IMO the corner GLS on deck 10 are smaller than a Crown Loft Suite on the O class.  If 10720 was the only experience I ever had with Star Class I would have been very very disappointed.  Luckily I know what a SC room should be like !  In the post-cruise comments I recommended that the corner loft suites on deck 10 be downgraded to Sky class.  I do not think they are worthy of Star Class.  Hopefully the ones on 8 are bigger.

1 hour ago, Zendeck said:

This is what I had raised earlier... so if sky class suite wins a star class suite, I assume that would include drink pkg?  But I already purchased drink pkg at a tiny Black Friday discount.  So I will assume that I won’t get upgrade bid ... but oh if I do,  my drink pkg was a waste of money because u have to cancel earlier than the bid notifications.  🤔

If you do win the SC upgrade I feel sure that they will refund your money for the DBP  It may be in the form of OBC to your Sea Pass account but I'm sure your Genie will make sure you get your money back !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zendeck said:

I find it impossible to believe that you would not get a refund. I agree that it might be in obc if you find out late. But most people do get notified earlier, rejections seem to be in the 24 hour window.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

If you do win the SC upgrade I feel sure that they will refund your money for the DBP  It may be in the form of OBC to your Sea Pass account but I'm sure your Genie will make sure you get your money back !

13 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

I find it impossible to believe that you would not get a refund. I agree that it might be in obc if you find out late. But most people do get notified earlier, rejections seem to be in the 24 hour window.

Good to hear!  Thanks for the feedback!

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Spacious refers to the stateroom size.

1 hour ago, Fun2snorkel said:

John - I believe on the Serenade that the spacious balcony has a 3 seater sofa and the other is only a 2 seater. 

For those of us who had memorized the old categories, it’s E vs D. 

E has more like an oversized chair than a loveseat.