Signature drink package unlimited non alcoholic drinks?

Jareds_mommytoo

I’m looking for some recent experiences with the drink packages. A few months back people were reporting that you get unlimited non alcoholic drinks like the quench package and 15 alcoholic drinks, even though HALs website says 15 drinks total. Also it might be ship specific how they interpret the policy. We are going on the neuiw Amsterdam, I was wondering anyone has any recent feedback. 

Having just debarked from Volendam a couple of weeks ago, I can tell you with certainty that nonalcoholic drinks do not count against the '15' drink maximum.  Sodas, coffee specialties, water, etc. is included as a part of the package but are NOT counted against the daily max.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Have you gone on your cruise yet?  I am going on a music cruise on the Oosterdam on January 5, 2019 and I am trying to decide if I will buy this drink package too.  I saw a drink menu that someone posted on another topic and I am in hopes that the beer selection get better as most of the beers are lagers and I prefer IPA's and Pale Ales.  If you have already gone and bought the Signature Drink Package please let me know what you experience was like.  I am curious if it includes all non-alcoholic drinks too as I certainly don't want to drink only hard alcohol the entire cruise.  Thanks for your input.  

On 12/4/2018 at 5:10 PM, DocJohnB said:

Having just debarked from Volendam a couple of weeks ago, I can tell you with certainty that nonalcoholic drinks do not count against the '15' drink maximum.  Sodas, coffee specialties, water, etc. is included as a part of the package but are NOT counted against the daily max.

On 12/4/2018 at 6:11 PM, mfanderso said:

We are just off the Eurodam and when ordering a coke I asked if it was possible to get 2 at once.  He said "no problem, you have unlimited alcoholic beverages".  

4 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Off the Zuiderdam on 12/26/2018. Non-alcoholic beverages did not count toward the 15 limit. You could go crazy on water, sodas, sports drinks, specialty coffees and so on.

👍👍👍  Thanks to all of you for the info.

4 hours ago, lvcotatian said:

Have you gone on your cruise yet?  I am going on a music cruise on the Oosterdam on January 5, 2019 and I am trying to decide if I will buy this drink package too.  I saw a drink menu that someone posted on another topic and I am in hopes that the beer selection get better as most of the beers are lagers and I prefer IPA's and Pale Ales.  If you have already gone and bought the Signature Drink Package please let me know what you experience was like.  I am curious if it includes all non-alcoholic drinks too as I certainly don't want to drink only hard alcohol the entire cruise.  Thanks for your input.  

Every beer that HAL lists on it's menus are included in the SBP.   Even the 16 oz Grolsch bottles.   I can't speak for for IPA's, because they are not listed on the regular bar menus.

6 hours ago, lvcotatian said:

I prefer IPA's and Pale Ales. 

I did not pay close attention to the beers on our cruise last week, but I know that there was a Lagunitis IPA because we used it to pair with crispy pork belly. 

• 2 months later...

I got this email today 

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line.  The following beverages are included in the price of your cruise fare: juice, milk, tea, and regular, or decaf drip coffee.  Specialty coffee drinks, cappuccinos, alcohol and soda are additional expenses that will be billed to your on board account.

Our Signature Beverage Package is a convenient, affordable beverage package that allows guests to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml) and coffee. Our Signature Beverage Package is limited to 15 drinks per day with unlimited non-alcoholic drinks. This includes any beverage priced at $9.00 or lower menu price and does not include beverages in your mini-bar, in-room dining, chocolate seduction and on the Half Moon Cay. 

The Signature Beverage Package can be purchased pre-cruise at a rate of $51.69 per person per day ($44.95 + 15% service charge) or on board at a rate of $57.44 per person per day ($49.95 + 15% service charge). This must be purchased for the full duration of the voyage and all guests over the age of 21 years in the stateroom must purchase the package; this is available for purchase on days one and two of any respective voyage.

Our Signature Beverage Packages include the 15% services charge. No additional charge is applied to the guest’s onboard account for drinks ordered within the terms and conditions of the package.

Holland America Line also offers our Elite Beverage Package. Guests can enjoy beverages including wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages; limited to 15 drinks per day and unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. This includes any beverage priced at $15.00 or lower menu price and does not include beverages in your mini-bar, in-room dining, chocolate seduction and on the Half Moon Cay. This also includes access to the Freestyle soda machine on the ms Koningsdam and the ms Nieuw Statendam only. This package must be purchased for the full duration of the voyage and all guests over the age of 21 years in the stateroom must purchase the package; this is available for purchase on days one and two of any respective voyage.

Participants may order only one drink at a time; no sharing of the packages are permitted. Packages are not transferable or refundable. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason; including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated customers. 

If you decide that the Signature Beverage Package doesn't provide adequate beverage options, you have the option of upgrading from promotional Signature beverage package to the Elite beverage package. The can be done on board the ship on the first day of the cruise by paying the difference in cost. All guests in the stateroom who are 21 years old must also upgrade the package. 

Guests can also pre-purchase soda fountain cards, Explorations Café coffee cards, house pouring wine cards or signature cocktail cards.  You may also bring soda or bottled water onboard for consumption in your stateroom.  

Please feel free to contact us if we may be of additional assistance or visit us online.   We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future!

Kind Regards,

Philip

Holland America Line

4 hours ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

I got this email today 

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line.  The following beverages are included in the price of your cruise fare: juice, milk, tea, and regular, or decaf drip coffee.  Specialty coffee drinks, cappuccinos, alcohol and soda are additional expenses that will be billed to your on board account.

Our Signature Beverage Package is a convenient, affordable beverage package that allows guests to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml) and coffee. Our Signature Beverage Package is limited to 15 drinks per day with unlimited non-alcoholic drinks. This includes any beverage priced at $9.00 or lower menu price and does not include beverages in your mini-bar, in-room dining, chocolate seduction and on the Half Moon Cay. 

The Signature Beverage Package can be purchased pre-cruise at a rate of $51.69 per person per day ($44.95 + 15% service charge) or on board at a rate of $57.44 per person per day ($49.95 + 15% service charge). This must be purchased for the full duration of the voyage and all guests over the age of 21 years in the stateroom must purchase the package; this is available for purchase on days one and two of any respective voyage.

Our Signature Beverage Packages include the 15% services charge. No additional charge is applied to the guest’s onboard account for drinks ordered within the terms and conditions of the package.

Holland America Line also offers our Elite Beverage Package. Guests can enjoy beverages including wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages; limited to 15 drinks per day and unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. This includes any beverage priced at $15.00 or lower menu price and does not include beverages in your mini-bar, in-room dining, chocolate seduction and on the Half Moon Cay. This also includes access to the Freestyle soda machine on the ms Koningsdam and the ms Nieuw Statendam only. This package must be purchased for the full duration of the voyage and all guests over the age of 21 years in the stateroom must purchase the package; this is available for purchase on days one and two of any respective voyage.

Participants may order only one drink at a time; no sharing of the packages are permitted. Packages are not transferable or refundable. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason; including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated customers. 

If you decide that the Signature Beverage Package doesn't provide adequate beverage options, you have the option of upgrading from promotional Signature beverage package to the Elite beverage package. The can be done on board the ship on the first day of the cruise by paying the difference in cost. All guests in the stateroom who are 21 years old must also upgrade the package. 

Guests can also pre-purchase soda fountain cards, Explorations Café coffee cards, house pouring wine cards or signature cocktail cards.  You may also bring soda or bottled water onboard for consumption in your stateroom.  

Please feel free to contact us if we may be of additional assistance or visit us online.   We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future!

Kind Regards,

Philip

Holland America Line

Thank you for posting this. This email from HAL answers 2 questions many have asked about on CC over the last few months. 

1) are non alcoholic drinks included in the 15 per day limit, no they are not. they are unlimited.

2) can we upgrade to the Elite BP on board, yes we can on the first day on board. I will be doing this on our Alaska cruise, we have the SBP as a Explore 4 promo and we want access to the better wines by the glass in the EBP.

On 12/4/2018 at 6:11 PM, mfanderso said:

We are just off the Eurodam and when ordering a coke I asked if it was possible to get 2 at once.  He said "no problem, you have unlimited alcoholic beverages".  

I assume that you mean unlimited non-alcoholic beverages?

7 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Thank you for posting this. This email from HAL answers 2 questions many have asked about on CC over the last few months. 

1) are non alcoholic drinks included in the 15 per day limit, no they are not. they are unlimited.

2) can we upgrade to the Elite BP on board, yes we can on the first day on board. I will be doing this on our Alaska cruise, we have the SBP as a Explore 4 promo and we want access to the better wines by the glass in the EBP.

The thing is that both seem to be uniformly uneven in their application onboard. Different bar managers and staff seem to have different understandings of the concepts/policy. While you may be able to easily upgrade on one ship on another they may make it as hard as possible, or just downright refuse.  Similarly on one ship they may count ALL beverages and on another only alcoholic ones. Heck it can vary from sailing to sailing by all reports. This is one area that Seattle could easily address, but somehow seems to not, which leads to consumer frustration and dissatisfaction. 

I'm hopeful the the previous posters email from corporate points to them adopting a more consistent policy!

24 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The thing is that both seem to be uniformly uneven in their application onboard. Different bar managers and staff seem to have different understandings of the concepts/policy. While you may be able to easily upgrade on one ship on another they may make it as hard as possible, or just downright refuse.  Similarly on one ship they may count ALL beverages and on another only alcoholic ones. Heck it can vary from sailing to sailing by all reports. This is one area that Seattle could easily address, but somehow seems to not, which leads to consumer frustration and dissatisfaction. 

I'm hopeful the the previous posters email from corporate points to them adopting a more consistent policy!

At leastbwith a copy of the letter i can bring it with me if i have an issue now. And a contact person 

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The thing is that both seem to be uniformly uneven in their application onboard.

Exactly. Just as we saw with the Sea de Mer Mariners' discount issue. Seattle says one thing but...

Question:  On celebrity, if one has the basic alcohol package, they can order a drink above the $9 limit and pay the difference plus gratuity on the difference.

for example, I want a $11 glass of wine.  I will be charged $2 ($11-9) plus $.36 (18% gratuity on the $2 difference).

What is the HAL policy?

4 minutes ago, jkgourmet said:

Question:  On celebrity, if one has the basic alcohol package, they can order a drink above the $9 limit and pay the difference plus gratuity on the difference.

for example, I want a $11 glass of wine.  I will be charged $2 ($11-9) plus $.36 (18% gratuity on the $2 difference).

What is the HAL policy?

On HAL you will be charged the full cost of the drink - ie. $11 + gratuity.  

Explore 4 only works if the drink is within the $9 limit.

If you like the more expensive wines by the glass then you will want to upgrade to the Elite package (which covers drinks up to $15).

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

On HAL you will be charged the full cost of the drink - ie. $11 + gratuity.  

Explore 4 only works if the drink is within the $9 limit.

If you like the more expensive wines by the glass then you will want to upgrade to the Elite package (which covers drinks up to $15).

Cost to upgrade, please?

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Which is a bargain, one $15 glass of wine a day more than pays for the upgrade cost.

Pretty much. Have a glass of Nicholas Feuillatte Brut Champagne and you're covered. (Have one in the afternoon and one before dinner. You know... For a margin of safety.) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1