Diamond lounges are over capacity and guests are being turned away

8 minutes ago, frank808 said:

If you stop in honolulu, give me a ring.  If I am on Oahu, I would love to take you two sightseeing.  Will show you two the island from the eyes of lifelong resident.  

Thanks that's very kind of you but

Pauline has set her heart on seeing Pearl Harbour on a ships tour.

We sail from San Francisco on November 18th to Hilo,Oahu,Kauai and Maui,Ensenada Mexico then back to San Francisco.

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks that's very kind of you but

Pauline has set her heart on seeing Pearl Harbour on a ships tour.

We sail from San Francisco on November 18th to Hilo,Oahu,Kauai and Maui,Ensenada Mexico then back to San Francisco.

My offer still stands if you want to just see Pearl Harbor, the Pacific Aviation Museum, Bowfin Sub and USS Missouri battleship. How long are you in port and what day are you arriving on Oahu?

If you have the time, I recommend seeing all the other museums at Pearl Harbor like I have mentioned.  Especially the Missouri if you can swing it.  Makes a fitting tribute to see where WWII started and ended.  You can stand on the exact place where the surrender signing was done.

Also have to tell you that you will not be allowed onto the Arizona memorial as the dock connecting to it is out of commission till at least March.  You will be taken on the shuttle boat to sail by the Arizona memorial but you will not be able to set foot on it right now.  

Edited by frank808

3 hours ago, SilkySal said:

I take offense that you might think it was because of your son's wheelchair. Shame on you.

Please don't take offense, I'm just being realistic. My son has been wheelchair bound for 23 years and people do stare at him.  Just like they stare at other people in wheelchairs.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, frank808 said:

My offer still stands if you want to just see Pearl Harbor, the Pacific Aviation Museum, Bowfin Sub and USS Missouri battleship. How long are you in port and what day are you arriving on Oahu?

If you have the time, I recommend seeing all the other museums at Pearl Harbor like I have mentioned.  Especially the Missouri if you can swing it.  Makes a fitting tribute to see where WWII started and ended.  You can stand on the exact place where the surrender signing was done.

Also have to tell you that you will not be allowed onto the Arizona memorial as the dock connecting to it is out of commission till at least March.  You will be taken on the shuttle boat to sail by the Arizona memorial but you will not be able to set foot on it right now.  

It is day 7 which I believe is Sunday 24th November.

Ship arrival is 7am and departure is 11pm.

Thanks Graham.

16 minutes ago, Bloodgem said:

Please don't take offense, I'm just being realistic. My son has been wheelchair bound for 23 years and people do stare at him.  Just like they stare at other people in wheelchairs.  

Staring or looking. And you know what everyone is thinking. 

Edited by davekathy

34 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Pauline asked me to ask you about Kauai where South Pacific was made as it is one of her favourite films.

Thanks.

Problems getting a seat on the D/D+ lounge?  Just snatch a couple of pool towels from a vacant lounger, grab several huge spring clips, a couple of flip flops and a couple of old paperbacks and head up there after lunch.  Pick out your spot, spread out your chair hog supplies, and your chair will be there when you are good and ready to use it!  Works at the solarium and pool deck, so why not the lounge? :classic_cool:

We are Diamond + and did our 68 and 69th cruise on the Oasis Oct 28th, and Nov. 25th. The Diamond lounge was crowded on the 11deck, but we never saw anyone turned away, but they did have officer checking C&A status. They had Blaze open every night for a alternative, plenty of room,  nice spread and great service. No view but not crowded. Once they checked ID at door at blaze saw a few turn around. That's a lot of the problem. Sneaking friends and family in

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline asked me to ask you about Kauai where South Pacific was made as it is one of her favourite films.

Thanks.

Nice looking beach area, we flew over it on a helicopter tour 17 years ago.  

They haven’t had SB regularly in the DL since the Anthem for us in 2016.  We had the concierge sneak some for us at the insistence of a friend we met in the DL occassionally.  There is plenty of Kim Crawford on the ship, you can buy it for about $60 a bottle at any bar or restaurant on the ship.  Good lord the drink packages have ruined buying drinks on the ship.  Either you have a package or you bleed.

jc

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

Nice looking beach area, we flew over it on a helicopter tour 17 years ago.  

They haven’t had SB regularly in the DL since the Anthem for us in 2016.  We had the concierge sneak some for us at the insistence of a friend we met in the DL occassionally.  There is plenty of Kim Crawford on the ship, you can buy it for about $60 a bottle at any bar or restaurant on the ship.  Good lord the drink packages have ruined buying drinks on the ship.  Either you have a package or you bleed.

jc

Thanks.

55 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks.

What did you need to know about Kauai?  I will answer best I can and I have a few close friends that live on Kauai and I can ask them if it is a question I cant answer.   Ask away.

2 minutes ago, frank808 said:

What did you need to know about Kauai?  I will answer best I can and I have a few close friends that live on Kauai and I can ask them if it is a question I cant answer.   Ask away.

Pauline said is that definitely where South Pacific film was made? and if so are there any guided tours where it was set?.

On 12/4/2018 at 4:39 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Well that will certainly end the complaining about crowds!

Doesn't anyone get it.  RCCL is not interested in loyal passengers who suck up free  cheap drinks - RCCL is going after first  time  cruisers who buy the drink package,  buy  ship excursions,  buy photos,  buy specialty dining packages, buy   trinkets etc.  

I am sure we will see a decrease in loyalty benefits across the levels.  In fact the D+ BOGO  first night dining  is often  worthless as a benefit.  I bought a First Night Done Right ( that was available to all passengers) and our first night specialty dining will be  less than if we used the D+ BOGO voucher.

Why did they spend a million dollars building Diamond Clubs on every ship but the smallest?

Diamonds fill ships.  Remember Diamonds in December?

On 12/4/2018 at 1:17 PM, auntiedodo said:

It seems to me it’s time to have Diamonds get their drinks on their cards and have the lounge for D+.  Royal doesn’t seem to have a clue how to resolve the problem!

Oh, does it, now? LOL!  We Ds have traveled just as far on Royal as you D+s did to get to D. When you became lowly Ds you had full run of the D Lounge, so why should we be penalized? Royal should change the rules for NOOBS, but not for those who have come up the ranks and finally got here. Seems to me that if D lounge is full, the cards should work at any bar at any time during cocktail hour, no limit.  Servers would love it, especially if everyone tipped the way we do, cash for each and every drink.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pcur said:

I agree.  With ships that hold 6,000 passengers, you're going to have a larger number of upper tier C&A.  We found the Allure public areas to be overcrowded in general on our cruise.  We won't sail the mega ships any more.  

Not necessarily true.  I've sailed on Oasis & Allure during Easter week and the

DL was basically empty.  This past Easter week on Allure, the kids were welcome in the DL and there were plenty of empty chairs.  Sailed on Oasis & Allure on other times and never that crowded that we could not find a seat.  Yes, sometimes there are those that park themselves and don't leave.:classic_biggrin: 

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline said is that definitely where South Pacific film was made? and if so are there any guided tours where it was set?.

Yes south pacific was filmed on Kauai.  The compound the movies used is a private estate of 1.5 acres that is for sale at $9.7mil I believe.  There are no tours for South Pacific filming sites that I know of.

2 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Yes south pacific was filmed on Kauai.  The compound the movies used is a private estate of 1.5 acres that is for sale at $9.7mil I believe.  There are no tours for South Pacific filming sites that I know of.

Thank you so much Pauline really appreciated your information although she is gutted that there is no tours there.

Her mam died 7 weeks ago with dementia aged 96 and the pair of them watched South Pacific film every day for weeks.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

and if so are there any guided tours where it was set?.

18 minutes ago, frank808 said:

There are no tours for South Pacific filming sites that I know of.

Robert's Hawaii Bus Tours

(click on "Hoopster95 replied to a topic" below)

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you,your photos of everything and your review was awesome.

You're welcome. At least it gives you an excursion option you didn't know about  if you're a movie buff.

IIRC it was not offered by RCL, you had to book online privately

https://www.robertshawaii.com/kauai/tours/hawaii-movie-tours/

9 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

You're welcome. At least it gives you an excursion option you didn't know about  if you're a movie buff.

IIRC it was not offered by RCL, you had to book online privately

https://www.robertshawaii.com/kauai/tours/hawaii-movie-tours/

Or you could make an appointment as real estate investors, ask to see the property.

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

Robert's Hawaii Bus Tours

(click on "Hoopster95 replied to a topic" below)

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

Thanks for the info.  Did you get to see the south pacific "estate" or just the public sites used in the show?  In retrospect should have thought that roberts would have a bus movie tour there as they are the largest tour company here.  They have a tour to Kualoa ranch where a lot of films are shot. 

Enjoy the movie tour if you are booking it.  Roberts is a very reputable and large company here that has been around for at least 40 years.