Just off Infinity

W283386

Just of the Infinity. Ship is in fantastic shape.  Excellent cruise once again.  First time in Aqua Class.  Good size balcony with large table and two chairs.  Had to ask for wine and robes.  Never got tea or attomizer but never asked for it.  Daily canapes seem to be a waste of everyone’s time.  Four small bites of items you were not even sure of what they all were.

Blu could not have been better. Ate there 4 times for dinner and breakfast.  The hostess, Natalia, was the best cruise employee we ever dealt with in 18 cruises.  Other meals in buffet many choices.  Enjoyed the made to order steaks, chicken and chops in the back of the buffet.  The entertainment was very good.  The two production shows were fantastic.  The I-Broadway show ended with a standing ovation.  I can’t remember the last time that has happened during one of my cruises.  The other 3 nights was a very good singer and two very good comedians.

Had the Classic alcohol package.  Many wines to choose from.  Had mostly daiquiris, mudslides, tequila sunrises and amaretto sours and never paid an up-charge.  Ask for a menu at the pool bar, many other drinks available.

Got to the garage at the terminal at 10:30 am.  We were on board by 11am with no lines.  Rooms were ready at 1pm.  Disembarkation ran about 30 minutes of ahead of times listed in the procedure letter.  We had to present ourselves to border patrol agents in Key West so that made the disembarkation go faster in Ft Lauderdale.

Ask me any other questions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W283386 said:

Just of the Infinity. Ship is in fantastic shape.  Excellent cruise once again.  First time in Aqua Class.  Good size balcony with large table and two chairs.  Had to ask for wine and robes.  Never got tea or attomizer but never asked for it.  Daily canapes seem to be a waste of everyone’s time.  Four small bites of items you were not even sure of what they all were.

Blu could not have been better. Ate there 4 times for dinner and breakfast.  The hostess, Natalia, was the best cruise employee we ever dealt with in 18 cruises.  Other meals in buffet many choices.  Enjoyed the made to order steaks, chicken and chops in the back of the buffet.  The entertainment was very good.  The two production shows were fantastic.  The I-Broadway show ended with a standing ovation.  I can’t remember the last time that has happened during one of my cruises.  The other 3 nights was a very good singer and two very good comedians.

Had the Classic alcohol package.  Many wines to choose from.  Had mostly daiquiris, mudslides, tequila sunrises and amaretto sours and never paid an up-charge.  Ask for a menu at the pool bar, many other drinks available.

Got to the garage at the terminal at 10:30 am.  We were on board by 11am with no lines.  Rooms were ready at 1pm.  Disembarkation ran about 30 minutes of ahead of times listed in the procedure letter.  We had to present ourselves to border patrol agents in Key West so that made the disembarkation go faster in Ft Lauderdale.

Ask me any other questions.

Thanks for posting. Glad you had a great time on your cruise. 

1 hour ago, Geoff&Louise said:

Sounds like you were on a 5 night cruise. We have a 5 night cruise in March. Please could you kindly let me know how many formal nights there are? Many thanks.

We just returned from a five night cruise on Infinity.  There was one evening chic night, on day 4.  However, the best dinner with Beef Wellington and lobster was on day 5.  That may have been the result of a port change that had to be made due to bad weather in key west.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

Sounds terrific. We sail in April.

Any favorites in Blu? First time in AQ for us.

How was the Persian Gardens?

Our favorites in Blu are the short ribs (my mouth is watering as I write this) and the filet mignon.  Be advised that even though they do not tell you about it, you can order some of the standard stuff from the MDR menu such as Caesar salad, French onion soup, and shrimp cocktail.  Also, the breakfasts are very nice - don't forget about those.  The Persian Gardens on M class ships are nowhere near as nice as those on S class ships unfortunately.  We don't bother going on M class, so maybe someone else who has been there recently can advise on that.  But Blu is great!  

31 minutes ago, Zoedokey said:

The best bar staff on board was the crew that worked Cellar Masters in the evening and Cafe al Bachio in the morning.  The martini bar was very disappointing in December.  

Bummer about the martini bar... though in several of our last cruises it was slammed by a large group traveling together (70+ folks in the group alone) and we hardly could get near it 

Had no clue there were bartenders in Cellar Masters--thought it was wines only... and Cafe Bacio? Didn't realize it was a bar beyond coffees/pastry. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

Bummer about the martini bar... though in several of our last cruises it was slammed by a large group traveling together (70+ folks in the group alone) and we hardly could get near it 

Had no clue there were bartenders in Cellar Masters--thought it was wines only... and Cafe Bacio? Didn't realize it was a bar beyond coffees/pastry. 

Thanks

Cellar Masters and the Cafe both serve drinks, not a wide range, but it was the service that set then apart this last cruise.  Engaging, friendly, responsive and just pleasant at both Cellar Masters and Cafe al Bachio.  Outside of one bartender (Nico) who was trying to be engaging, the Martini crew were very stern and unfriendly.  Nothing like our last experience where the martini bar were entertaining and friendly.  

We'll be on Infinity in October for a family bucket list trip (Panama transit) with my dad/stepmom and my sister and her friend. Our cabin is 9037 and this will be my second cruise and my husband's first! I am so excited to be back on Celebrity. My first cruise was on the Reflection last February and it completely converted me. I never though I'd be a cruise person, but Celebrity changed my mind.

Have you been on other Celebrity ships? I'm wondering how the Infinity is different. I've seen some of the stuff about M-class versus S-class, etc, but was hoping for some personal experience comparisons.

Thanks for your review!

3 hours ago, JaneAustenCruiser said:

We'll be on Infinity in October for a family bucket list trip (Panama transit) with my dad/stepmom and my sister and her friend. Our cabin is 9037 and this will be my second cruise and my husband's first! I am so excited to be back on Celebrity. My first cruise was on the Reflection last February and it completely converted me. I never though I'd be a cruise person, but Celebrity changed my mind.

Have you been on other Celebrity ships? I'm wondering how the Infinity is different. I've seen some of the stuff about M-class versus S-class, etc, but was hoping for some personal experience comparisons.

Thanks for your review!

The Reflection is the largest of the Celebrity ships, just a bit larger than the other S class ships.  The M Class (Infinity, summitt, Constellation & Millennium) are smaller, older ships.   Reflection carries 3000 passengers  vs the Infinity that  carries <2200. The S Class are a modern/clean decor while the M class have a more traditional wood decor.  The S class have 4-5 speciality restaurants the MClass have 3.  

I prefer layout of the buffet on the S classwith its islands.  The M class buffet is a line of stations on each side and creates more waiting.  The Martini bar on tge M Class has lower ceilings so you won’t see the large Martini pours where they stand on the counter to pour.  

We prefer the Rendezvous Lounge on the M Class over the Grand foyer for using/ dancing pre diner.   The veranda  cabins on the M Class are smaller than on the M Class, although AQ and Concierge cabins are the same size on both.  Bathrooms are smaller on M Class and the shower has a curtain not a door.

The crews on both are very good but we find the crews on the M Class to be a bit better.

We have sailed both classes many times and our best cruises have been on the M Class.

Enjoy your cruise.

Our family/friend group of six had a great time of the Dec 17th Infinity sailing.  We had three Aqua Class cabins and they were in a great location and the balcony was a nice sized and covered from the hot sun.  BLU was just the best.  The waitstaff and menu items were amazing and our waiter offered to make special items for us and his suggestions were always on point.  Natalia the Blu hostess was attentive and even called our cabin to make sure to save our large 6 top table for us, which was nice and unexpected.  Our favorite was the silent disco which we went to twice....just GO its so much fun.  We were on the Infinity for a Panama Canal sailing a couple years ago and while the Solstice class ships are our favorite, we had a wonderful 5 night cruise right before Christmas and want to do it again in the future.  She does need to be refreshed, but is still in great shape.  The Holiday decorations were breathtaking and great crew couldn't have been nicer to us.

• Like 1

I wholeheartedly agree! We had a great time when we were on Infinity. Everyone has captured so many wonderful memories. For anyone with an upcoming trip, check out Le Petit Chef for dinner.  It was a delicious 4 course meal with a fun and entertaining show to watch. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

We were on the Dec. 27th sailing and had a wonderful time. Food and services are very good all over the ship accept for the martini bar. Weather was excellent, which contributed the great general mood of the passengers all week. 

If there was any lacking, it was entertainment. The New Years Eve party was basically everyone standing by the pool listening to taped music. Not sure why they couldn't get live performers for this one special night of the year.

We are looking to book this ship next year.

Beary

27-31st Dec.  Sean O Shea entertainer first class ! A lady direct from Las Vegas ( Suzanne?) did a ‘Divas of music’ show which wasn’t my cup of tea. Very Mariah/Celine. If you like that sort of loud ballad singing you would have loved it. The Celebrity show excellent. Young lady with guitar in outside bar at back of the ship played in evenings but her music choices weren’t for me. A lot of very modern songs rather than  the types I’m used to hearing from similar entertainers in past years. I’m sure I sound very ‘picky’ and generally loved my cruise. I  always found something to suit me by strolling around the ship. Cruise Director good . Always ended with ‘GraciAs sssss’

On 1/4/2019 at 4:54 PM, Fogfog said:

Sounds terrific. We sail in April.

Any favorites in Blu? First time in AQ for us.

How was the Persian Gardens?

We were on the Infinity recently and used the Persian Gardens...it was nice, but small...the heated bench accommodated 5-6 people..there was a sauna, turkish bath, herbal room and a shower...very relaxing...we used this almost every day..so much in fact, that we booked an A2 cabin for our next cruise on the Reflection...

20 hours ago, 2flacruisers said:

We were on the Infinity recently and used the Persian Gardens...it was nice, but small...the heated bench accommodated 5-6 people..there was a sauna, turkish bath, herbal room and a shower...very relaxing...we used this almost every day..so much in fact, that we booked an A2 cabin for our next cruise on the Reflection...

TY for this. When I read that people poo poo the spa in the M class... we, having not regularly used the spa on either S class or M class are not sure what to expert.

We are not major spa uses on land either--having used some in hotels like the Ritz at a well known island resort, or have used the facilities at private clubs where we are members.

However we aren't spa experts.