OMG... so confused! CPAP extension cord/strip HELP!

I am ready to surrender after reading so many threads on power strips, extension cords, usb chargers, etc.! All I want to do is plug in my CPAP machine on my cruise on Anthem but I have never had an outlet where I want/need it on any of my previous cruises. Is there a definitive answer on an extension cord / power strip I can bring on a Royal Caribbean ship? Can someone send me a link(s) to devices that they are actually currently approving? I am looking for specific models Royal Caribbean is definitely going to approve and let me bring on board at Cape Liberty in Bayonne, NJ. Thank you to any and all who can put my tired brain to rest.

• Like 1

Not a problem.  My husband uses a Cpap.  I just go to “ royal Caribbean special needs” and fill out the form.  There is an outlet on the wall of the night table where you plug it in.  Extension not needed.  They also supply a gallon of distilled water.  If the water is not in your room just ask the your room attendant .  We have never had a problem on the Anthem.  We are leaving on it today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, maria1122 said:

Not a problem.  My husband uses a Cpap.  I just go to “ royal Caribbean special needs” and fill out the form.  There is an outlet on the wall of the night table where you plug it in.  Extension not needed.  They also supply a gallon of distilled water.  If the water is not in your room just ask the your room attendant .  We have never had a problem on the Anthem.  We are leaving on it today.

Find form here: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was on the Anthem this month, there was an outlet close by where I didn't need an extension cord. I always pack a gang USB device to plug my electronics in, never had an issue. In my C-pap case I also bring an extension cord just in case I need it. As others have said, if you need a cord or distilled water, ask for it.

24 minutes ago, drneal said:

I had no problem with the power strip.

Its not a surge suppressor and not an extension cord.

It was in my carry on and went through screening. 

Of course it's an extension cord.  I wouldn't be too sure about the lack of surge protection either.

36 minutes ago, drneal said:

I had no problem with the power strip.

Its not a surge suppressor and not an extension cord.

It was in my carry on and went through screening. 

It sure looks like an extension cord to me. 

You just got lucky.  Over our last few cruise on Royal, i have seen a table just past security with piles of extension cords/power stripes/surge protectors that had been confiscated.

To the OP. as others have said, contact special needs before the cruise.  We have done three cruises within the last year.  All three times there was distilled water in the room.  Two of the three times there was an extension cord.  The third one it didn't matter as there was a power outlet right next to the bed (probably why the room steward did leave an extention cord).  I am sure if we asked for one, he would have dropped one off. 

5 hours ago, Cruise_Couple said:

I am ready to surrender after reading so many threads on power strips, extension cords, usb chargers, etc.! All I want to do is plug in my CPAP machine on my cruise on Anthem but I have never had an outlet where I want/need it on any of my previous cruises. Is there a definitive answer on an extension cord / power strip I can bring on a Royal Caribbean ship? Can someone send me a link(s) to devices that they are actually currently approving? I am looking for specific models Royal Caribbean is definitely going to approve and let me bring on board at Cape Liberty in Bayonne, NJ. Thank you to any and all who can put my tired brain to rest.

you may NOT bring any sort of power strip  on board but one or more will be provided  for you.  just ask the cabin steward.  it will most likely be  the orange industrial  ones and probably about 50 feet long, but it will be provided.  

12 hours ago, Cruise_Couple said:

There is a plug beside the bed on Anthem for your CPAP.  No need to surrender, you will be fine.

I am a CPAP user too, and have always completed a Guest Special Needs form before our sailings, (we've done 4 with Royal and 5 with Celebrity), and if required I've always been given an extension cord for use with my CPAP machine, and I am always given a gallon bottle of distilled water for use during the trip.   I've never used the full gallon, but I'm sure if you require more just ask your cabin steward for more.

• Like 2

Hubby is in the middle of getting his CPAP.  We have a cruise coming up on February 3rd.  He submitted the forum on Wednesday of last week and on Thursday he recieved a email stating that an extension cord and distilled water would be in the room when we board and to let them know if there is anything else we need.

• Like 1