Carnival to charge for all room service!

GROUCHPUSS

John drops the bad news yet reminds everyone to tip the room service staff well. John misses the fact that room service orders will be so few that staffing will be reduced and those laid off will make zero tips. Christine Duffy got her year-end salary "kicker" with this move.

The Bottomless Bubbles program will be increased $1 per day effective at midnight tonight. 

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

Like others here, I don't use room service, but now I really won't even think of it.

It must be annoying for those that do "need" to use it, like one lady who commented on JH's post that her young daughter takes afternoon naps in the cabin, and this is how she (the Mom) would get some food while the young-one slept.

Also don't use bottomless bubbles, and the new price isn't really all that much if you typically drink 7 or eight sodas a day, but it is more than the inflation rate.

I wonder what else is next?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Micah's Grandad said:

And to think JH used to make fun of RCCL for nickel and diming.

Not only JH, but also a few posters here who are thinking now about how to phrase the requisite "this option is a good thing" response.

I'm pretty disappointed, although not surprised.  What's next?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Carnival is just following what other major cruise lines are doing. I’m actually surprised that they didn’t do this before.

We just returned from a Med cruise on the MSC Meraviglia. Same thing there. The only free thing was continental breakfast. Even in their Aurea suites they charged for room service. That, in my opinion, is like charging passengers flying first class for their inflight meal. 

Next: Guy’s Burgers and Iguana Cantina for a fee. Wait for it....

• Like 1

Just now, coevan said:

paying for the TV networks, and we'd do it

I think we're going to see most, if not all, alternative food stations changing to for-charge establishments.  Fish and Chips, decent fried seafood, morphed into the Seafood Shack, for an extra charge.

I won't be particularly upset if the over cooked, dry Guy's hamburgers move this direction, but I enjoy most of the other included alternatives.

Watering down the cruising experience, nickel-diming, regardless of what it's called, the trajectory is pretty much a constant downward slope.

• Like 2