Minibar- refrigerator set up in Vista suite

skidroe

We always request that it be emptied so we can use it for our own stuff. 

Just call Ships Services before your cruise and request it to be emptied. If it has not been done on embarkation, just mention it to your room steward when they come and introduce themselves. 

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

There is a mini bar person who takes care of them.  Tell them what you want and they will bring it.  I asked my steward to contact the mini bar person and send them by, but I would think calling housekeeping or maybe room service they would contact them also.

Does anyone know a direct way to contact the mini bar person?

~Nancy

15 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

How do I get the minibar replenished?

12 hours ago, oakridger said:

Does anyone know a direct way to contact the mini bar person?

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I think there's an extension number to call on the price list.

On 1/6/2019 at 7:44 PM, drowelf said:

We always request that it be emptied so we can use it for our own stuff. 

Just call Ships Services before your cruise and request it to be emptied. If it has not been done on embarkation, just mention it to your room steward when they come and introduce themselves. 

I do that in hotels too.

23 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

How do I get the minibar replenished? I don't want most of what's in it, but if there's something I like I may want more of it. I tend to ignore the minibar, except to shuffle things around to get my own wine in. But the 4* Mariner discount makes the prices better.

I leave a note for "the minibar guy" and tell our stateroom attendant that I'm leaving said note.  Between the two of them, they work it out and we end up with the things we prefer.  We've found "the minibar guy" to be really good about keeping us stocked up with the things we like.

DH and I had a hard time letting go of our lifetime habit of avoiding minibars, but with 4-star, it's a great new tool in the beverage drawer.  We love it!

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

I leave a note for "the minibar guy" and tell our stateroom attendant that I'm leaving said note.  Between the two of them, they work it out and we end up with the things we prefer.  We've found "the minibar guy" to be really good about keeping us stocked up with the things we like.

DH and I had a hard time letting go of our lifetime habit of avoiding minibars, but with 4-star, it's a great new tool in the beverage drawer.  We love it!

36 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Ha ha!  Me too.  Until I obtained "stars"  I almost never touched the items. Now it makes sense to get my diet coke and Henkel Champagne Split from there!

~Nensy

Same here. I still have to remind myself that the minibar is OK.