Heading to Miami to meet our old friend Voyager

UUNetBill

Just starting this thread in case anyone on the January 7th Voyager Cruise wants to post. I probably won’t post much since I’ll be lying in the beach with some rum punch most days, but if I have time in the evening I’ll try and write something here. 

This will be our first time on Voyager in about 9 years!  It’ll be interesting to see how she’s changed.

Anyone else on this cruise - feel free to contribute here - the more, the merrier!

Bill, I think that server (CR) Roxanne may still be onboard.  If you sit in her section, you'll enjoy her as much as we did and Mr. Rumor's family did as well.  She is always smiling, has a great sense of humor and is an all around great person.  

Have a wonderful cruise - don't think about us until you get home and then we want to read EVERYTHING:classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

Have a wonderful cruise - don't think about us until you get home and then we want to read EVERYTHING:classic_smile:

OR think about (and take pity on) us poor souls getting up and going to work, and brighten our days with your always clever and insightful posts!  I always enjoy reading your perspective.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ROLLTIDE2 said:

OR think about (and take pity on) us poor souls getting up and going to work, and brighten our days with your always clever and insightful posts!  I always enjoy reading your perspective.

Thanks so much.  It is people like you and Bill that inspire me to continue on CC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

Just starting this thread in case anyone on the January 7th Voyager Cruise wants to post. I probably won’t post much since I’ll be lying in the beach with some rum punch most days, but if I have time in the evening I’ll try and write something here. 

This will be our first time on Voyager in about 9 years!  It’ll be interesting to see how she’s changed.

Anyone else on this cruise - feel free to contribute here - the more, the merrier!

Bill, have a wonderful trip and birthday celebration for your wife! Jan

Well, just waking up in Miami.  Boarding today and sailing at 6:00.  To say we’re looking forward to this would be an understatement.

Briar and Dataw - good to see some fellow Carolinians on here - especially you, Jan - we’re practically neighbors!

I’m guessing there will still be some damage from Irma as we’ve received notification that several excursions have been cancelled due to damage or the tour operators going out of business.  I’ll try and post some pics if I’m not overly temped by the evil rum punch.   😁

And just as a reminder to anyone on this cruise who hasn’t seen the roll call, we’re doing an informal M&M in the Horizon Lounge Tuesday at 6-ish, although some folks may pop in earlier.  First round is on me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, macbest said:

Yes I would like to hear about the ports also. We are on her Feb 13. I think there are a number of overlap ports. 

Looking at it, it looks like the exact same ports.  I’ll try and post what I can.

1 hour ago, Hambagahle said:

Have a great cruise Bill - look forward to reading about it whenever you care to post!!

Gerry

I’m already in cruise mode and we haven’t even left the hotel yet.  😁    I’m sure we’ll have a great time, thanks!

34 minutes ago, tripperva said:

Just returned 2 weeks ago.Voyager is in great shape. You won't be disappointed. A really fine ship.

Tripperva

Good to know, thanks!

FWIW, we’re staying at the Kimpton EPIC just a stones throw from the cruise terminal.  Good location, quiet, and close to several dining options in addition to the hotel restaurants.  Not a bad mid-price choice (although I pretty much complain about the price of everything as I’m old enough to remember when ‘things were affordable’.  😂)

Edited by UUNetBill
Added info
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Bill, I think that server (CR) Roxanne may still be onboard.  If you sit in her section, you'll enjoy her as much as we did and Mr. Rumor's family did as well.  She is always smiling, has a great sense of humor and is an all around great person.  

We also sat in Roxanne area, and we really enjoyed her and the great service with a smile, and yes she was very funny.

3 hours ago, Bigdogwon said:

We also sat in Roxanne area, and we really enjoyed her and the great service with a smile, and yes she was very funny.

So glad that you had the opportunity to dine in Roxanne's section.  To us she is like a young Risky (not that Risky is old - Roxanne is just young).  I think that he will go far working for Regent if that is what she desires.

Have a fabulous cruise, Bill. We watched Voyager sail away from Miami tonight (on the Miami Port webcam). All being well, we'll be on her when she next sails from Miami 🙂. January 17th.... I'm so excited already, I can barely stand it!

Happy, Happy birthday trip to you both.

Have a wonderful trip. We just disembarked. Voyager is in good shape and her crew is wonderful.

Did you embark at noon? There was some unexplained ground problem and we started disembarkation 70 minutes late. It must have created a whirlwind of work for the crew.

We are onboard as well! Just figured out the WiFi and sitting on our balcony posting this. Checkin was a breeze- we’ll once we got to terminal J that is. We used Lyft aid over Miami for the 2 days we were there with no problems but when we ordered it to go to the ship we got a driver that had no idea where he was going and didn’t speak English so after ending up in the truck lane we finally managed to convey our wishes to get on one of those nice ships instead😂. Anyway as we were boarding I heard the fellow behind us introducing himself to the couple behind them as uunetbill. So we managed to meet before the horizon meetup. We enjoyed a drink before lunch with with Bill and his lovely wife. 

To say we are impressed and thrilled to be onboard would be an understatement. Our suite is beautiful and so comfortable with plenty of room for everything. I guess if you were on a longer cruise you would miss the drawer space they took away in refurb, though I think we could manage. I just told Dh “simply no strewing clothing all over-hang it up buddy “. I would like to write more, but my champagne bubbles are dissipating. Hope to update soon-ish