Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was looking at the Fleet Guide posted above and found something interesting.   They added 30 additional cabins on the cruise and looks like they have reduced the number of 3/4 passengers from 435 to 375.    May be the reason they are changing some of the cabins to 2 passengers only. 

1272742629_3cabincount.jpg.c8f212f226367ba86bfd7f8e7056952f.jpg

Thank-you very much Jim, 

I don’t know how you do it but I find the information provided to be both interesting and helpful. 

In response to your previous question, X provided us with a choice of options, one of which is the guaranteed C1 cabin for 3.;So I’m just trying to assess where we could end up. This is my first time in a « guaranteed » cabin and we were more or less forced in that type of scenario. P.S. My TA is well aware of my concerns. 

Thanks again for all your research! 

2 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

Thank-you very much Jim, 

I don’t know how you do it but I find the information provided to be both interesting and helpful. 

In response to your previous question, X provided us with a choice of options, one of which is the guaranteed C1 cabin for 3.;So I’m just trying to assess where we could end up. This is my first time in a « guaranteed » cabin and we were more or less forced in that type of scenario. P.S. My TA is well aware of my concerns. 

Thanks again for all your research! 

You may really luck out of one isn't available.   Since you are guaranteed a C1 or above.   All Aqua Class are 2 passengers so if one were not available they would have to give you a Sky Suite.   Wouldn't that be sweet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

You may really luck out of one isn't available.   Since you are guaranteed a C1 or above.   All Aqua Class are 2 passengers so if one were not available they would have to give you a Sky Suite.   Wouldn't that be sweet. 

This would be very sweet indeed! A very positive and unexpected outcome! 

8 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

The pictures of the Oceanview Cafe look just like the Solarium Bistro on The Symphony of the Seas

You don´t have to look that far away... it looks just like on Solstice Class - which is nice 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Here is a glimpse at the renovated Oceanview Cafe on Millennium (posted on another cruise page).

Thanks for the post .   That's really exciting to see.   Makes a big difference for the M-Class ships. 

Jim- Thanks so much for the continuous updates and pictures of the freshly renovated Millennium.  She looks gorgeous for an older gal!  Can't wait to see the pics of the renovated cabins.  It is interesting that Milly is undergoing Sea Trials.  It indicates I think that perhaps a lot has been updated internally and engineering-wise behind the scenes.  Perhaps new technology, systems, navigational software, etc.  We will eventually find out.

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Jim- Thanks so much for the continuous updates and pictures of the freshly renovated Millennium.  She looks gorgeous for an older gal!  Can't wait to see the pics of the renovated cabins.  It is interesting that Milly is undergoing Sea Trials.  It indicates I think that perhaps a lot has been updated internally and engineering-wise behind the scenes.  Perhaps new technology, systems, navigational software, etc.  We will eventually find out.

I'm really excited to see more of the interior myself.   Wondering if Instagram photos will dry up now that they are at sea and have to pay for the internet. 

12 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Here is a glimpse at the renovated Oceanview Cafe on Millennium (posted on another cruise page).

1283B750-CF70-4B77-B78D-A3D654A918F6.jpeg

EECB4804-DC93-43E4-A613-031743DFAFBB.jpeg

A5014D14-DE64-4506-B986-F70F385C0C8A.jpeg

D110D992-DD36-40C0-A584-D183CB98F5EA.jpeg

61855EC6-15D2-45F9-B312-D3AD562C33C0.jpeg

9097943E-99BC-4E54-B680-C67D866481CA.jpeg

B80C1B16-C7E5-4B4A-ACEC-43E05052CB92.jpeg

THANKS a million for posting the pictures --- the buffet layout has been a sore spot for us over the years.  The new layout looks very nice and inviting.  Hopefully, the quality and variety of options has gotten better with the new make over.  We are looking forward to returning to the Millennium in the near future.

Can someone tell me when this “renovation revolution “ is supposed to be completed? I read a date somewhere of Feb 2020 which distresses me, as we have a triple B2B2B in Asia on her Jan 18-March1. DEF do not want to be on a ship that is “under construction “. I thought this kind of change was all made in dry dock. 

Anyone have more info?

thanks.....

10 minutes ago, bellasorella said:

Can someone tell me when this “renovation revolution “ is supposed to be completed? I read a date somewhere of Feb 2020 which distresses me, as we have a triple B2B2B in Asia on her Jan 18-March1. DEF do not want to be on a ship that is “under construction “. I thought this kind of change was all made in dry dock. 

Anyone have more info?

thanks.....

Answering my own stupid question ( it’s my DH fault....) the renovation is fine NOW in 2019, isn’t it? And Millie Just came out of dry dock. 

So it’s done in Feb 2019, well in time for our Asia cruise a year from now. Duhhhhh!!!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, eroller said:

Good eye.  I'm guessing an ADA compliant elevator.  

Thanks... and thanks SO much, Jim, for all your hard work on this thread too! Simply amazing!!!

Is the round/cylindrical glass-walled structure next to (possibly) ADA compliant elevator (on Deck 10) just an open elevator lobby area?  I'm concerned because we look to be directly below that in one of the new AQ cabins just added. 

5 minutes ago, stines said:

Thanks... and thanks SO much, Jim, for all your hard work on this thread too! Simply amazing!!!

Is the round/cylindrical glass-walled structure next to (possibly) ADA compliant elevator (on Deck 10) just an open elevator lobby area?  I'm concerned because we look to be directly below that in one of the new AQ cabins just added. 

The round structure has always been there... it´s the exit to the deck. 

IMG_0824.JPG

Edited by Miaminice

I am hoping the "tower" is an A.D.A.  Elevator. Otherwise, I will not be able to get Me and my scooter up to the retreat sun deck in September. I see that there is an A.D.A ramp on the deck plan, but no elevator shine. What gives?

Bit strange that the oldest ship in the fleet is Celebrity's "ship of the year" for the year she was still unrevolutionized but congrats to the old lady anyway 😊.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtlOu6NBMsx/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=18ey27imh4rbk

Screenshot_20190207-232005__01.jpg

Edited by [g]cruiserke
  • Like 1