Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I agree--- also photos of the side of the ship pretty much dispels the fear that IV's would be installed.  

Looks like they were putting down new decking on the Aft balconies (notice the blue underlayment).  

Cannot remove/alter aft facing balconies-Hubs would go postal.

Hubs’ very first cruise was an aft facing balcony I grabbed around final payment.  Since, he has never cruised in anything but aft facing.

Luckily, we are not fans of floating Amusement Parks and are happy with about 90,000 tons.

a Summit ride to Bermuda is next, his first Celebrity Cruise.  It was an easy sell because of this drydock schedule.

if they alter our balcony it would not be pretty explaining this to Hubs.

5 hours ago, ecslady said:

Actually, they just fixed the deck plans.  The cabins showing slightly bigger balconies have always had them.  I've read about this on CC and researched it as well before booking one of those cabins on a 2020 cruise. There are several threads on this. 

I beg to differ... we have stayed in different Aqua staterooms on deck 11 (love them). All of the port and starboard stateroom’s balconies had the same size.

When they where added many years back, they were added box shaped, not following the shape of the deck and Oceanview Cafe. The railing followed a straight line. See photo

Only the AFT staterooms on deck 11 had different sized balconies.  If you were refering to them, I apologize...

76A150DB-511C-400B-89D1-7A738360470E.jpeg

Edited by Miaminice

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm confused… which is easy to do.     Did they widen parts of the Oceanview as pictured or was it always like that and the original deckplans not correct?     I would think if they widened certain areas of the ocean view they would follow it through on the AC cabins above it.   

As far as I can tell the new setup of those balconies is as they were, can't find a decent dry dock photo but keep in mind that just extending the balcony railings, adjusting the dividers, putting in new glass, etc with a few more square inches as only result isn't very profitable. Despite how much I like extended balconies I would leave them too if I had a cruise line heheh! :classic_biggrin:

edit: so the new X deck plans seem to be incorrect for the port and starboard deck 11 balconies showing in this picture;

Screenshot.png

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Does anyone know if these are already installed on board (can't place the pergola...), the day bed could be one of those currently at the rooftop/movie screen area but that appears to be normal furniture with a structure around it? Forward suite Retreat? Or interior, spa, Solarium?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp9Yr1gHKVe/

7 hours ago, Miaminice said:

I beg to differ... we have stayed in different Aqua staterooms on deck 11 (love them). All of the port and starboard stateroom’s balconies had the same size.

When they where added many years back, they were added box shaped, not following the shape of the deck and Oceanview Cafe. The railing followed a straight line. See photo

Only the AFT staterooms on deck 11 had different sized balconies.  If you were refering to them, I apologize...

Thanks for the pic. However, I know I read on some threads about certain Aqua. cabins on the side having slightly larger balconies, maybe by 6 inches per one poster. Here are some threads where it was discussed. I know that is a very small amount , unlike the aft cabins with the really large balconies. 

Maybe they are actually making them even a bit bigger now as shown on the new deck plans?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1912240-millenium-a1-aqua-class-side-cabins-on-deck-11/?tab=comments#comment-40422909

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2612742-summit-aq1-cabin-1112-comments-please/?tab=comments#comment-56313105

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2547284-best-non-aft-deck-11-aqua-cabin-on-summit/?tab=comments#comment-54902333

Edited by ecslady

8 hours ago, BEAV said:

Does anyone know if they’re adding coverings over the balconies of S1 6145/6146, the Sky Suites next to the Penthouses? Infinity, Summit and Connie were all constructed with awnings over these suites, but not Millie.  

That would sure be nice. Maybe we'll see in some photos soon. If not, I can let you know next month.

20 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

And found my new favorite balcony on revolutionized M class ships: 1000!

Assuming the nearby blue scaffolding is temporarily stateroom 1000 will offer a nice forward view (when at the railing), there appears to be a forward rigid partition. Hoping wind isn't a (sound) problem when at sea.

50567812_344056186183781_4250288677770039980_n.png

Careful- the forward view might be obstructed by the bridge.

5 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Does anyone know if these are already installed on board (can't place the pergola...), the day bed could be one of those currently at the rooftop/movie screen area but that appears to be normal furniture with a structure around it? Forward suite Retreat? Or interior, spa, Solarium?

Imo, it’s going to be installed in the forward Suite Retreat. The pergola and the sunbed structures match those currently on the Edge.

Edited by C-Dragons

This company, NEA, works with MJM Marine who is doing the renovations on Millennium and Summit. They also did work on the Edge:

Edited by C-Dragons

Out of curiousity, I clicked on CELEBRITY CRUISES just under the NEAenginering in the above post.  It took me to an instagram account apparently dedicated to Celebrity Cruise pictures.  I looked at the pictures and obviously, we have been on the wrong Celebrity Cruises 🙂 

It's worth a look..... if you can't find it above, here's the link:  https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/198275040795435/celebrity-cruises/?utm_source=ig_embed

The second photo look like the  loungers on the Forward Retreat.    I would guess that the Pergola may be heading for the retreat also.

Retrete..jpg.d1a6a8c33643e24229bb76dd7314f3e5.jpg

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Careful- the forward view might be obstructed by the bridge.

Don't think it will obstruct much.    I've stayed in a Signature Suite on Reflection which is built in a similar location you could see into the bridge but really didn't bother the view.   Could be wrong.  

52 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

Out of curiousity, I clicked on CELEBRITY CRUISES just under the NEAenginering in the above post.  It took me to an instagram account apparently dedicated to Celebrity Cruise pictures.  I looked at the pictures and obviously, we have been on the wrong Celebrity Cruises 🙂 

It's worth a look..... if you can't find it above, here's the link:  https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/198275040795435/celebrity-cruises/?utm_source=ig_embed

I think you will find that the link takes you to search of #tag celebrity cruises It will pull up the most relevant hashtags and could include Celebrity or Celebrity Cruises as oppose to an individual user.  

1 hour ago, ghstudio said:

It took me to an instagram account apparently dedicated to Celebrity Cruise pictures.  I looked at the pictures and obviously, we have been on the wrong Celebrity Cruises 🙂 

I realize that there are other social media outlets and portals in the virtual world, and the population using Instagram might be different from the population using Cruise Critic.  I realize when people are taking selfies, the whole point is "I/ME/MINE", not "OTHERS".  Clearly, the HashTag generations will focus on their own interests.  Clearly, some of the photos that were shown were brand promotional stock images.  That said of the sample of over 270 photos I saw from this link, only eight, 8, showed people over the age of 50 (less than 3%).  That is not even close to representing the passenger populations on board our last 6 Celebrity cruises.  ghstudio, I don't think we've met, however we have probably been on the same =X= as you have been cruising on.

10 minutes ago, cruisefam38 said:

I realize that there are other social media outlets and portals in the virtual world, and the population using Instagram might be different from the population using Cruise Critic.  I realize when people are taking selfies, the whole point is "I/ME/MINE", not "OTHERS".  Clearly, the HashTag generations will focus on their own interests.  Clearly, some of the photos that were shown were brand promotional stock images.  That said of the sample of over 270 photos I saw from this link, only eight, 8, showed people over the age of 50 (less than 3%).  That is not even close to representing the passenger populations on board our last 6 Celebrity cruises.  ghstudio, I don't think we've met, however we have probably been on the same =X= as you have been cruising on.

Have to agree -  

Take a look at #tag  SeniorCruise   https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/seniorcruise

I think the oldest is about 30.    Maybe I should search under ancient cruisers.    LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pd7277 said:

Maybe next time, she'll be floating?  Far right.

Could be.   Won't be long before her first sailing after dry dock.   I can only imagine that they will be still doing some last minute finishing up on the first couple cruises.

I was on Constellation  Singapore to Rome just before her last drydocks.   They had a crew of about 50 working prior to dry dock install all new Telecom and Communication lines to all cabins.   

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Have to agree -  

Take a look at #tag  SeniorCruise   https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/seniorcruise

I think the oldest is about 30.    Maybe I should search under ancient cruisers.    LOL

Maybe senior in high school and/or senior in college?  Even in your example, Jim_Iain, language is a challenge. ?!

When I tried my own search using "Instagram Celebrity retirement cruise", I got two sets of Instagram brand promo photos.

Pretty pictures of ships and sea.

https://www.instagram.com/cruisecelebrity/

I also tried "instagram celebrity cruises over 60".  Among all the few hundred pictures of young people and brand promos, I noticed a picture of Sophia Loren that might have been taken 60 years ago.

Not to derail your good thread on the Millenium.  This was amusing and made me a little more aware of how an international business tries to market itself on social media in 2019.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Younger folks take selfies and post on Instagram. Older folks know that their selfies would break the internet and so, out of humility and respect, they keep their photos to themselves.

If you click on the attractive younger people’s images, the posting notes and comments makes it clear that these are real people, not stock images.

Stan

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

76A150DB-511C-400B-89D1-7A738360470E.thumb.jpeg.fa6a3c3d7647db7a4f56c26b0d246700.jpeg

On these cabins, the ones shown in the photos, can the deck above look down on these balconies?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, lilghallinsf said:

On these cabins, the ones shown in the photos, can the deck above look down on these balconies?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes...those are the side aqua cabins on deck 11...and yes, the folks above can look down onto your balcony