Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

11 minutes ago, lilghallinsf said:

On these cabins, the ones shown in the photos, can the deck above look down on these balconies?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have stayed in a number of these cabins on the Constellation, Millennium and Infinity. You cannot see from the deck above to the balconies. And, from experience, some of the balconies are marginally larger than others. Also, it is not consistent across the ships which are the larger ones. 

Couple more pictures of Millie.   As someone else said they must be getting close to floating her.   Captain's Alex hastag for the earlier movie of the underside is #final Inspection.   Also in the movie it looks like water may be flowing in. 

Lots of team member phots are starting to trickle in. 

1569806572_Millie13.jpg.4f0ec84189c31caa22853c98412045fa.jpg1014920512_Millie15.jpg.e64976523f83ff4f22fb2bc27d4e9a67.jpg1939032277_Millie12.jpg.26aaed6f59fc5143099e4b70f035ccdf.jpg194322866_Millie11.jpg.14d469a15c306df7dfc53512157ec39b.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:03 AM, voyager90265 said:

I was chatting with my travel agent and asked him if he had any information regarding the Sweet Sixteens. He had just spoken with his Celebrity rep and was assured that the balconies will remain in their current configuration. They are my go-to verandah cabins on the Millennium class for sure. 

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:22 AM, Jim_Iain said:

522609895_Millie1.jpg.f2ddce5d511173d1be906afdd1ca1821.jpg

You're probably right about the Sweet Sixteen balconies remaining the same. The new deck 6 deck plan, however, still doesn't show them as oversize, which has been the case since day 1 of Millie's life as we all know. I kinda like that the new deck plan hasn't been updated to show their actual size! They are some of the best kept secrets outside cruise crazedom and they are often easily available to book. If the new deck plan had been updated to reflect the larger balconies, they would surely sell out quicker. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Couple more pictures of Millie.   As someone else said they must be getting close to floating her.   Captain's Alex hastag for the earlier movie of the underside is #final Inspection.   Also in the movie it looks like water may be flowing in. 

Lots of team member phots are starting to trickle in. 

1014920512_Millie15.jpg.e64976523f83ff4f22fb2bc27d4e9a67.jpg

do you know what this window goes to? My wife and I ate in a specialty restaurant on the Reflection and had a table right at the window like this...dinner to remember when sailing near the coast of Italy. Would be great to do that again on the next cruise.

8 minutes ago, txflood33 said:

do you know what this window goes to? My wife and I ate in a specialty restaurant on the Reflection and had a table right at the window like this...dinner to remember when sailing near the coast of Italy. Would be great to do that again on the next cruise.

Yes.   They are the windows to the Main Dining Room - Metropolitan Restaurant (which is two stories).    

On Millennium Tuscan Is mid-ship adjacent to the Grand Foyer Deck 3 and is located as part of where Olympic use to be.   Qsine is located on Deck 11 about Midship adjacent to the Jogging Track.

Here's an artist Concept of Metropolitan 

celebrity-revolution-food-drink-1700x730.thumb.jpg.8aadce896d3b5167d87716b0762fc694.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

18 minutes ago, txflood33 said:

As Jim said, those are the 2 story windows for the Main Dining Room which is a hallmark of the Millennium class and the now retired Century class ships.  Here is an old photo of Millennium's MDR in Jun 20 2007 off the coast near Dubrovnik.

dsc_0117.thumb.jpg.180ddee2d5fbece4aeabc8024888afa6.jpg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 3

Thanks for the wonderful shot of the Metropolitan.   Your mention of the Century Class brought back a fond memory of Mercury.    We were on an Alaska cruise and the last formal night just as they started serving appetizers  a pod of Whales started breaching just outside the windows.   It was like a well choreographed show.   Half the dining room got up and ran towards the windows to get a better look.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BEAV said:
On 1/26/2019 at 1:03 PM, voyager90265 said:

I was chatting with my travel agent and asked him if he had any information regarding the Sweet Sixteens. He had just spoken with his Celebrity rep and was assured that the balconies will remain in their current configuration. They are my go-to verandah cabins on the Millennium class for sure. 

53 minutes ago, BEAV said:

You're probably right about the Sweet Sixteen balconies remaining the same. The new deck 6 deck plan, however, still doesn't show them as oversize, which has been the case since day 1 of Millie's life as we all know. I kinda like that the new deck plan hasn't been updated to show their actual size! They are some of the best kept secrets outside cruise crazedom and they are often easily available to book. If the new deck plan had been updated to reflect the larger balconies, they would surely sell out quicker. 

OK, please forgive the utter noob question, but -- what are the Sweet Sixteen balconies? I gather from the above that they're a set of balconies on deck 6, but I do like learning about these little "insider" tips and the details behind them. I'm still holding out hope to upgrade to a pair of balconies from my current pair of insides, and if these are better-than-average balcony cabins I'd certainly try and go for that.

Been debating trying to put all four of us into a single balcony, so that my wife and I could get the perks on offer (if I also change to NRD). Then I remember I have two daughters, and the terror of trying to make one bathroom work for three women at dinner time brings me to my senses. 😉 

7 minutes ago, Aralim said:

OK, please forgive the utter noob question, but -- what are the Sweet Sixteen balconies? I gather from the above that they're a set of balconies on deck 6, but I do like learning about these little "insider" tips and the details behind them. I'm still holding out hope to upgrade to a pair of balconies from my current pair of insides, and if these are better-than-average balcony cabins I'd certainly try and go for that.

Been debating trying to put all four of us into a single balcony, so that my wife and I could get the perks on offer (if I also change to NRD). Then I remember I have two daughters, and the terror of trying to make one bathroom work for three women at dinner time brings me to my senses. 😉 

I've never traveled in one but there is a good thread on them - see below link-

Sweet Sixteen cabins is an informal term that was probably coined on Cruise Critic. It refers to the 16 forward veranda cabins (8 on each side of the ship) at the forward end of deck 6. The insides are just like other standard veranda cabins but the verandas are about twice the size of a normal veranda.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Aralim said:

Maybe you and your wife can stay in the cheapest balcony room and the kids in an inside room.  You may also consider staying in an oceanview room (so you can get the perks) and the kids in an inside room.  We did this as a family several times, and it was great.

11 minutes ago, Aralim said:

There are quite a few threads on this board. Put 'sweet sixteen" into the search function and you can find a lot good into about them. They are the first 8 balcony cabins (on both starboard and port sides) of deck 6 on Millennium, Infinity, Summit and Constellation. Here's a photo....(6032, although identified, is not a "sweet sixteen" with a larger balcony as you can see.)

celebrity-millennium-sweet-sixteen.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jim_Iain and @BEAV, thanks for the links and specific info / pictures. If the cabins are pretty much all the way forward, I'll have to pass on them. My daughters and I are all prone to motion sickness, so I try to book rooms as much mid-ship as possible. Doesn't have to be a cabin all the way down, we're fine with a little rocking, but something that far forward could definitely cause us trouble if the Atlantic decides to get frisky.

Same reason I'd have to seriously consider whether an FV cabin could work for us, since they're all as far aft as you can go and I'm not sure how we'd all tolerate that while trying to sleep on a rough water night. I know these ships are big enough and have the stabilizers and such that movement isn't noticeable most of the time, but I was on Anthem of the Seas last October, and on the last night we hit some rough water, and I was seriously green around the gills at the end of dinner from all the motion back there.

6 minutes ago, Aralim said:

@Jim_Iain and @BEAV, thanks for the links and specific info / pictures. If the cabins are pretty much all the way forward, I'll have to pass on them. My daughters and I are all prone to motion sickness, so I try to book rooms as much mid-ship as possible. Doesn't have to be a cabin all the way down, we're fine with a little rocking, but something that far forward could definitely cause us trouble if the Atlantic decides to get frisky.

Same reason I'd have to seriously consider whether an FV cabin could work for us, since they're all as far aft as you can go and I'm not sure how we'd all tolerate that while trying to sleep on a rough water night. I know these ships are big enough and have the stabilizers and such that movement isn't noticeable most of the time, but I was on Anthem of the Seas last October, and on the last night we hit some rough water, and I was seriously green around the gills at the end of dinner from all the motion back there.

You know the saying about balconies.....once you sail in one, you can never got back. 

It's equally true of the aft FV's. As a family of 4, you would score BIG time with the 3 women in your life.   Trust me on this!

Edited by BEAV

2 minutes ago, Aralim said:

I think it is a wise idea for you to opt for something more mid-ship.  

Even with stabilizers we have experienced some heavy Rolling.   You will experience rolling (Side to Side) and Pitching (forward to back) depending on sea conditions.   Stabilizers are effective in controlling rolling but has little to no effect on pitching.   

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Have to agree -  

Take a look at #tag  SeniorCruise   https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/seniorcruise

I think the oldest is about 30.    Maybe I should search under ancient cruisers.    LOL

Are those High School seniors?  "Sixth grade was the best four years of my life..."

11 hours ago, lilghallinsf said:

On these cabins, the ones shown in the photos, can the deck above look down on these balconies?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure... but there´s only the Rooftop terace on top. No staterooms...

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I can only imagine that they will be still doing some last minute finishing up on the first couple cruises.

I was on Constellation  Singapore to Rome just before her last drydocks.   They had a crew of about 50 working prior to dry dock install all new Telecom and Communication lines to all cabins.   

Well, that one didn’t go well at all after the drydock if you remember? It was the Monaco Grand Prix fiasco.

11 hours ago, Aralim said:

FVs are the best balconies on the ship bar the PH. We’ve sailed in one on every M class ship except Summit. Probably, one of the main reasons why I’ll be disappointed when our boys decide not to sail with us anymore 🤣.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BEAV said:

You know the saying about balconies.....once you sail in one, you can never got back. 

It's equally true of the aft FV's. As a family of 4, you would score BIG time with the 3 women in your life.   Trust me on this!

Hah! I’ve no doubt. We’ve only booked balcony or Jr Suite on Royal to date, and I totally get the sentiment. Unfortunately, even when I booked this sailing 3 weeks ago all of the FV cabins were sold out. I think I discovered this sailing (the Aug 2, 2020 Iceland and Greenland transatlantic) a fair bit after it was first announced.

And there are two other factors keeping me in the interiors I currently have booked:

• Based on @Jim_Iain‘s feedback, the ladies of my life would NOT be happy if we got any big pitching in that all-the-way-aft cabin; the mid-ship interiors on deck 9 that I booked (only option not on deck 2 or 3, which I prefer not to book) will be much better from a room stability point of view
  • With 7 port days and one day sailing the Prinz Christian Sund fjord, we won’t be in the rooms very much; given that, I felt it made more sense to book the insides and save several thousand dollars for excursions
  • I’ll reconsider balconies if prices come down, but would have to stay mid-ship