Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

11 hours ago, sippican said:

"Most of us think it's dull and boring"? Now that's as presumptious as post #280 touting their "professional and educated" qualifications! 

The whole debate is entertaining.

Ha.  Agreed......   Perhaps I was being presumptuous.   It wasn't my intention but certainly reads that way.  In the end, we are all entitled to our opinions and preferences.  These type of forums make it easy to espouse one's views, without taking into account the readers/posters intent.   We should be respectful of our fellow board members views, opinions and post. After all, we all read the boards because we have a common interest.  We all love to travel and experience cruising.  Over my years of cruising, I have certainly become close friends with different types of people.   These are friends that I might not have had to opportunity to meet, if it weren't for our common love of the sea.  So thanks for "checking" my attitude and glad I could entertain.   🙂

Edited by lilghallinsf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Thanks for telling us what we like.  Most of us think it’s dull and boring.  This is just another phase like earth tones.  How long did you beige?

Well, I haven't "beiged" for that long.  I actually love blue.   But I apologize for generalizing.  We all get to have an opinion and that is a good thing.  Most of us are also blessed that we get to travel so much and disagree on what is dull.  Makes like more interesting.  🙂  

10 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

If we're going to get into more accuracy with the word "Most", we're going to need a larger sample size then 1.  Even setting up a poll on CC likely wouldn't be accurate enough.  There could also be variations of people who think that it is dull yet pleasing, or exciting yet repetitive.  

The point is, you never want to use a solo artist or critic determine majority.  What's trending in San Fransisco might be different from what's trending in New Orleans, Buenos Areas, or Shanghai, let alone rural farming communities.

BTW, are there hotels in San Fransisco with this exact same color pallet?  I've looked, but had a hard time locating one, even from Kelly Hoppen's hotel projects.

🙂   You are correct on trending and I agree on the point of a solo artist or critic determining majority taste.

And as for the hotels in SF, they are terribly overpriced and most haven't had a facelift in many years.  We have a couple of "new" hotels that are apparently "trendy" but I haven't had the opportunity to visit yet.  Of course, that is just my opinion.   Both professional and unprofessional.   As for Kelly Hoppen, I honestly didn't know who she was until it was announced she was designing for Celebrity.  Watching the reveal of the Edge over these past few months, I started researching her more.  I find her fascinating but mostly from a professional standpoint.  She has a home collection that is very moderately priced.  I would have assumed she was more of a high end designer and was surprised by her retail presence.  It seems apparent to me, that she was selected based on some "celebrity" type status that Celebrity was willing to invest in.  For the design of the edge,  I actually agree with a lot of what has been said about her approach.  It appears she has never really "cruised" based on some of her layouts.   I don't LOVE all of her choices.  They aren't necessarily my style or personal taste.  I do appreciate the attempt to keep things modern and sleek.  That is simply the trend of today.  

But the topic of this particular post is the Millie and the revolution of the ship.  I love seeing how a ship is "remodeled"   It amazes me how they accomplish all of this.  As a kid I read floor plans.   LOL   So this post is one of my favorite.  Thank you to the OP for the photos. 

And thanks to my fellow cruise critic members.  You all bring me great reading material, knowledge and often times friendships.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2019 at 12:15 PM, ipeeinthepool said:

Thanks for telling us what we like.  Most of us think it’s dull and boring.  This is just another phase like earth tones.  How long did you beige?

Thank goodness you are not generalizing :classic_blink: 

Or maybe we just don’t belong to „most of you“ because we actually quite like it. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Miaminice

14 hours ago, villauk said:

They managed it with Edge. Look how many cabins on her have suddenly changed into obstructed views.

Are rooms noted as obstructed or partially on the X website? 

One of things DH and I noted last night was the change in the Deck 11 plan showing the balconies over the cafe ... 

It was normally something only a CCer who had told others here or it was in the M Class Cabins inventory thread learned about those balconies.

OTOH the AFT balconies are now either cut off without the wedge shapes or to make the plan look "cleaner" they trimmed it off across to show the roof of the bar.

5 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Are rooms noted as obstructed or partially on the X website? 

One of things DH and I noted last night was the change in the Deck 11 plan showing the balconies over the cafe ... 

It was normally something only a CCer who had told others here or it was in the M Class Cabins inventory thread learned about those balconies.

OTOH the AFT balconies are now either cut off without the wedge shapes or to make the plan look "cleaner" they trimmed it off across to show the roof of the bar.

Can't really tell from this photo:

Screenshot.png

edit: or is the black and white the railing?

Edited by FreestyleNovice

31 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Taken from the photo above:

aft1.png

aft2.png

I think you are correct

showed the altered floorplan to Dh (architect) and asked him (he is not a marine architect/engineer) and while he doesn't know--he said there was no structural reason to change the balconies on the aft 11

22 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

The buffet?

49339599_10216343885762852_1229241114951680_o.jpg

50525285_10216343886522871_7925459419951792128_o.jpg

50899062_10216343886922881_8576629483396661248_o.jpg

49 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

From the pictures posted by @FreestyleNovice it looks like the Buffet area will be designed more like S-Class with different serving stations rather than cafeteria style. 

Compared:

Naamloos.png

Edited by FreestyleNovice

And found my new favorite balcony on revolutionized M class ships: 1000!

Assuming the nearby blue scaffolding is temporarily stateroom 1000 will offer a nice forward view (when at the railing), there appears to be a forward rigid partition. Hoping wind isn't a (sound) problem when at sea.

50567812_344056186183781_4250288677770039980_n.png

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

And found my new favorite balcony on revolutionized M class ships: 1000!

Assuming the nearby blue scaffolding is temporarily stateroom 1000 will offer a nice forward view (when at the railing), there appears to be a forward rigid partition. Hoping wind isn't a (sound) problem when at sea.

50567812_344056186183781_4250288677770039980_n.png

May be quite noisy next to the aerobics studio 🤸‍♂️ :classic_wacko:?

On 2/1/2019 at 12:04 PM, tromvest said:

We are concerned about will happen to our triple capacity C1 stateroom on the Constellation.  We, my husband and son and I, are sailing on the Constellation in 2020 after the revolution and currently are in the C1 aft triple .  The Millennium deckplan shows that no C1 cabins will accommodate 3 passengers.  I called Celebrity to ask if I can assume that the Constellation will follow the same new cabin layout as Millennium and they have no idea.  I seemed to know more than they did. LOL  Any thoughts or info???

Yeah.  Don't call them.  The  phone agents are notoriously uninformed.  Do it in writing via email.  I'd want documentation of WHATEVER they say.

Edited by jkgourmet