Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

17 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

This is some of the new seating furniture onboard the Millennium, according to an Instagram post by staff captain Wendy Williams:

Screenshot_20190204-225122__01.jpg

It looks like she's slouching to fit in with her hat.  They should add a latch at the top, so that tall people can stick their head through a hole.

2 hours ago, [g]cruiserke said:

This is some of the new seating furniture onboard the Millennium, according to an Instagram post by staff captain Wendy Williams:

Screenshot_20190204-225122__01.jpg

There are post Revolution pictures showing that chair in the Penthouse. It must not be finished yet because it looks nicer in the picture.

I'm really interested in seeing what they do to some of the public rooms that have not been mentioned specifically in the upgrades - eg. martini bar, cafe al bacio etc.  Hopefully the soft furnishings will be updated and repaired/replaced.  Just booked on the Summit for June and am hoping they are touching up these areas as they were really worn a year and a half ago when we sailed her.  I'll also be interested in seeing if they keep a free sauna now that they've ripped out the old men's changing room at the spa. Really liked that facility compared to the facilities on the Solstice class. 

I have never liked the color of the arm chairs in Cafe al bacio, but they are very comfortable. I hope that

the new chair are comfortable  and not like the chairs on the Edge veranda's. Praying for nice chairs and not college dorm or Ikea chairs.

Norma

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Toronto Guy said:

I'm really interested in seeing what they do to some of the public rooms that have not been mentioned specifically in the upgrades - eg. martini bar, cafe al bacio etc.  Hopefully the soft furnishings will be updated and repaired/replaced.  Just booked on the Summit for June and am hoping they are touching up these areas as they were really worn a year and a half ago when we sailed her.  I'll also be interested in seeing if they keep a free sauna now that they've ripped out the old men's changing room at the spa. Really liked that facility compared to the facilities on the Solstice class. 

I don't see how it's possible to include a complementary sauna in the new locker rooms when it's going be half the size of the existing locker rooms. Whatsmore, the locker room on the Edge DOES NOT have a  single sex sauna. The trend is to MOVE AWAY from complementary single sex saunas and steam rooms. Royal's Oasis class and Quantum class does not have those facilities.  Actually, the Edge has NO changing rooms by the Fitness Center. The only thing available is a single person Male/female  toilet at the far end of the Fitness Center.

6 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I don't see how it's possible to include a complementary sauna in the new locker rooms when it's going be half the size of the existing locker rooms. Whatsmore, the locker room on the Edge DOES NOT have a  single sex sauna. The trend is to MOVE AWAY from complementary single sex saunas and steam rooms. Royal's Oasis class and Quantum class does not have those facilities.  Actually, the Edge has NO changing rooms by the Fitness Center. The only thing available is a single person Male/female  toilet at the far end of the Fitness Center.

I assume you are correct, but I'm holding out hope.  The changing rooms were huge before the refit so they could definitely be cut in half and still include if designed more like the S class ships, but I'm also doubting it.  Re; the Edge, just another reason for me not to rush sailing on that ship or class in the future.  I can't imagine not being able to at least change or shower at the gym pre or post workout.  Ridiculous.

Edited by Toronto Guy

On 2/3/2019 at 2:05 AM, Miaminice said:

I beg to differ... we have stayed in different Aqua staterooms on deck 11 (love them). All of the port and starboard stateroom’s balconies had the same size.

When they where added many years back, they were added box shaped, not following the shape of the deck and Oceanview Cafe. The railing followed a straight line. See photo

Only the AFT staterooms on deck 11 had different sized balconies.  If you were refering to them, I apologize...

76A150DB-511C-400B-89D1-7A738360470E.jpeg

That's what I thought.  Stayed in one of those once.  Balconies were teensey.

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

That's what I thought.  Stayed in one of those once.  Balconies were teensey.

Hmm, don’t really agree... on the other hand it depends on what you call „teensey“. They are the same size as the AQ balconies on deck 9. And I much prefer these on deck 11 because I really dislike the huge overhang on deck 9.

We booked on of these (1120) again for a cruise in 2020.

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

OK, I'll bite:  the top picture is a much lighter blue than the bottom picture.  Which one is 'wet'?

First is in bright early day sunshine (with water coming out of the ship???); second, late day clouds and ready to float.