VTcruising Is Living On The Edge Again: The LIVE Saga Continues (1/20/19)

vtcruising

1 hour ago, Reel Love said:

Vtcruising......really enjoying your commentary, and so glad to hear about the changes that are being made in response to customer feedback!!!  Question for you....Your day at Maya Chan...was that an excursion booked through Celebrity or was it something you booked on your own?  

Booked on own. They always seem to sell out so I would recommend doing it early. It was only $59 pp. 

12 hours ago, kwokpot said:

The round table/tray on my IV also had a small dent/chip on the Dec 16th sailing. I knew then that they will need to be replaced in less then a year. I also noticed the soot stains on the white cushions at the RTG. 

IMG_20181219_095743156.jpg

😳😳😳 This was my first thought when I saw all of the white cushions in the renderings. Even the stateroom furniture on Solstice and Equinox became red (from cream colored) on the ships released after them. Obviously they had been showing wear on Solstice and Eq. I mean, really, some of the SIMPLEST things Celebrity really didn't think about. So much thought into things that could be complicated but the no brainers were a COMPLETE afterthought.

14 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I wish it was that easy; but the two thicknesses of dirty tinted windows is a major negative. I also like the feeling of being outside, rather than being in a room with the window down.  

Or maybe a pub height table with higher chairs for a better view!  Wine on the Veranda..

Dirt on cushions I can live with but soot stains are  very bad.. required bleach  on my white shorts on Silhouette!

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Or maybe a pub height table with higher chairs for a better view!  Wine on the Veranda..

Dirt on cushions I can live with but soot stains are  very bad.. required bleach  on my white shorts on Silhouette!

Fortunately there are people at Celebrity a lot smarter than me that will find a way to make IV's more appealing.  They also have a lot bigger incentive to fix issues that might reduce occupancy.  I certainly hope so, since I loved the ship and cabin other than the veranda itself.

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hcat, on another topic, it is 33 steps (give or take) through the infamous forest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oville said:

Hcat, on another topic, it is 33 steps (give or take) through the infamous forest.

Oh ..thank you ..my graduated lenses will not do well there,  so now I can count.

My birthday bauble arrived...love love love it!

If either you or Vt can check what brand handbags are for sale besides M Kors, I'd appreciate it. 

Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

VT, loving your review and sharing with us the positives and the improvements that show X is really listening. That is true hospitality.

I just wanted to add a few things about Maya Chan. We went with friends on our Silhouette cruise last year. It's an amazing deal and the $60 includes round trip transportation. You have to walk a bit to the meeting spot - maybe 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile. Was no problem for us. 

The place is SO delightful and the owners were cruisers from CA who basically said, "let's build an awesome cruise day excursion location" and went and did it. Great story. Just be aware there is a significant amount of sea grass in the water and usually on shore, even though they have people raking it all day. The friends we were with were disappointed because they wanted the sky blue- green ocean, even though we had warned them, but my husband and I were thrilled with Maya Chan and saved the snorkeling and swimming for other ports. You will even get information about that in their confirmation with the option to cancel. And when you get picked up they show you an iPad photo taken that day of the seagrass and the option to cancel again. How amazing is that? They are concerned for the environment and don't destroy anything living and we respect them for that. We actually had terrible massages, more like rub downs while the massage therapists were chatting to each other. We emailed the owners to advise them, not ask for a refund, and before we could blink an eye we had refunds, offers for free massages next time, and assurance that if the massage team doesn't shape up they would be out of there. The owners' commitment to a beautiful experience is what makes Maya Chan so very special. We would go back there in a second but are tired of that itinerary so may be a while lol. 

I hope this was helpful!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, vtcruising said:

We haven’t danced yet but have seen others dancing in Grand Plaza. I think there’s more room than on S Class in the 

Grand Foyer. They have had some dance events at the Club and at the Roof Top Garden. My DH has seen people dancing in Eden when there is music there.  I’ll keep an eye out for other options. 🙂

Thanks for your quick response, VT. We’re all lucky to have you as our Edge attaché. 

14 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

We were on the Edge Inaugural, Dec. 9th. One day we had lunch in the Oceanview Cafe. The cushions on the chairs in the section where we were eating were blue. There was a couple at a table next to us who complained to a server that there were stains on the cushions.

It doesn’t make any difference what color seat cushions are unless they are black... stains will show. 

27 minutes ago, hcat said:

Oh ..thank you ..my graduated lenses will not do well there,  so now I can count.

If either you or Vt can check what brand handbags are for sale besides M Kors, I'd appreciate it. 

Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

I’ll be looking tonight so will let you know, Coach and Marc Jacobs are two.

4 hours ago, CruisingTheWaves said:

😳😳😳 This was my first thought when I saw all of the white cushions in the renderings. Even the stateroom furniture on Solstice and Equinox became red (from cream colored) on the ships released after them. Obviously they had been showing wear on Solstice and Eq. I mean, really, some of the SIMPLEST things Celebrity really didn't think about. So much thought into things that could be complicated but the no brainers were a COMPLETE afterthought.

Hi, D. Denisa checked and furniture same in CS and RS (actually I saw those  at the cabin crawl too). There is a glass enclosure on CS tub/shower now. 😀

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

Congrats on the bauble and birthday!!!!! I hope you have an amazing cruise!!!

1 hour ago, sakigemcam said:

VT, loving your review and sharing with us the positives and the improvements that show X is really listening. That is true hospitality.

I just wanted to add a few things about Maya Chan. We went with friends on our Silhouette cruise last year. It's an amazing deal and the $60 includes round trip transportation. You have to walk a bit to the meeting spot - maybe 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile. Was no problem for us. 

The place is SO delightful and the owners were cruisers from CA who basically said, "let's build an awesome cruise day excursion location" and went and did it. Great story. Just be aware there is a significant amount of sea grass in the water and usually on shore, even though they have people raking it all day. The friends we were with were disappointed because they wanted the sky blue- green ocean, even though we had warned them, but my husband and I were thrilled with Maya Chan and saved the snorkeling and swimming for other ports. You will even get information about that in their confirmation with the option to cancel. And when you get picked up they show you an iPad photo taken that day of the seagrass and the option to cancel again. How amazing is that? They are concerned for the environment and don't destroy anything living and we respect them for that. We actually had terrible massages, more like rub downs while the massage therapists were chatting to each other. We emailed the owners to advise them, not ask for a refund, and before we could blink an eye we had refunds, offers for free massages next time, and assurance that if the massage team doesn't shape up they would be out of there. The owners' commitment to a beautiful experience is what makes Maya Chan so very special. We would go back there in a second but are tired of that itinerary so may be a while lol. 

I hope this was helpful!

Thanks for adding this! I was planning to add the part about the sea grass but forgot. It’s good for people to know what kind of experience they are getting. It was perfect for us - we liked the rustic atmosphere, though with every convenience like free WiFi and people who are concerned about the environment. The walk from the ship to their pick up point was about 20 minutes so plan accordingly. 

They give you very detailed info when you book and discuss the sea grass, their pets, etc.- excellent people to deal with!

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Hi, D. Denisa checked and furniture same in CS and RS (actually I saw those  at the cabin crawl too). There is a glass enclosure on CS tub/shower now. 😀

Thanks VT for the info. Figured the balcony furniture would be the same. Re the glass enclosure at the tub/ shower. It is full panel now? As you know, there was a partial glass panel originally, which was insufficient. 

Enjoying the posts, especially Maya Chan, it looked really nice. You all seem to be having a great time with the CC edgies. 

You have another port day tomorrow to send us some FCSH fed-x care package. Ps, we need some more drink pics from the retreat, maybe sitting in the pool swing 😎😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Congrats on the bauble and birthday!!!!! I hope you have an amazing cruise!!!

Thanks..you and Katie are my onboard guides..must sail with you in the future..

I will give the forest a try..carefully!

Hope you are both having  a wonderful time!

1 hour ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

Thanks VT for the info. Figured the balcony furniture would be the same. Re the glass enclosure at the tub/ shower. It is full panel now? As you know, there was a partial glass panel originally, which was insufficient. 

Enjoying the posts, especially Maya Chan, it looked really nice. You all seem to be having a great time with the CC edgies. 

You have another port day tomorrow to send us some FCSH fed-x care package. Ps, we need some more drink pics from the retreat, maybe sitting in the pool swing 😎😎

We are in a CS.  The tub has a half glass panel on a hinge that swings out.  Yes it leaks.

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks for adding this! I was planning to add the part about the sea grass but forgot. It’s good for people to know what kind of experience they are getting. It was perfect for us - we liked the rustic atmosphere, though with every convenience like free WiFi and people who are concerned about the environment. The walk from the ship to their pick up point was about 20 minutes so plan accordingly. 

They give you very detailed info when you book and discuss the sea grass, their pets, etc.- excellent people to deal with!

We tried to book Maya Chan and it was sold out.  As an alternative we booked Barefoot Beach Club.  Big mistake!  It was awful.

Just an FYI for those sailing in cabin 11268 in the future.  We thought the glass panel on the tub was just that, a fixed panel.  Last night we found out the hard way it’s actually a door.  It started slamming closed at 1:40am.  DH assumed it was the water closet door making the racket so closed that.  Back in bed and the slamming started again.  The tub door was wide opened when he went back in.  A few towels solved the problem.

For those who are concerned about the entertainment we have been pleasantly surprised.  Last night we saw shows at 5:00 in Eden, 6:45 on the RTG, 7:00 in the theater and 9:30 back on RTG.  Katie

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Oville said:

Just an FYI for those sailing in cabin 11268 in the future.  We thought the glass panel on the tub was just that, a fixed panel.  Last night we found out the hard way it’s actually a door.  It started slamming closed at 1:40am.  DH assumed it was the water closet door making the racket so closed that.  Back in bed and the slamming started again.  The tub door was wide opened when he went back in.  A few towels solved the problem.

For those who are concerned about the entertainment we have been pleasantly surprised.  Last night we saw shows at 5:00 in Eden, 6:45 on the RTG, 7:00 in the theater and 9:30 back on RTG.  Katie

We have been very happy with all of the entertainment on Edge this week.  Lots of options and all very good.  The violinist from Iceland was amazing.  Actually the theatre is way beyond my initial expectations.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

Thanks TeeRick, sounds like the same one. A leaker and a splasher.  Used lots of towels

😍😍

Yes thanks Tee, I never looked in your bathroom during the cabin crawl so had asked Denisa.