VTcruising Is Living On The Edge Again: The LIVE Saga Continues (1/20/19)

vtcruising

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

This looks like the area beneath our cabin. Am beginning to think that the cabin was a good choice after all. As long as that music is low it should be quiet and we get to see the sea through the glass from above 🙂

Apologies for not multi quoting you with the post after this one, but I had 6 attempts which failed miserably so gave up! Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Did not re copy the photo...

That spot is cruise perfection..glad Katie posted that...We hope rains stop so we can enjoy it..water looks awesome

Many thanks to Marilyn and Katie, amd Host Anne  for highlighting many places on board we know we will seek out and enjoy, starting tom.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruiz10525 said:

See you Sunday...it is not bad to get from garage to Terminal 25.  When you drop your luggage, it is under cover.  It will be extremely rainy...making the abiliity to explore inside Edge all the better.

Marilyn, your reviews are just incredible.  

Our VT family lands in FLL tomorrow so it’s a day in advance of sailing.  Flights may be back to normal tomorrow and more so on Sunday.

thanks!

Rich

See you tom...sailaway party will be at EDEN.    Safe travels. 

We will drive over to the east coast later today..Rainy already on Alligator Alley!

21 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Football was on at Sailaway (on a Sunday night). There have been movies up there - Casablanca, Footloose and others. We have had some windy days - hopefully tonight will be quieter up there. 🙂

Also movies in The Club.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

This looks like the area beneath our cabin. Am beginning to think that the cabin was a good choice after all. As long as that music is low it should be quiet and we get to see the sea through the glass from above 🙂

Apologies for not multi quoting you with the post after this one, but I had 6 attempts which failed miserably so gave up! Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

It was quiet out there yesterday and that was the best day for it of the whole cruise.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:55 AM, MVPinBoynton said:

Marilyn, Have you run into any folks that got a great deal on their cruise because they were gamblers?  We met two separate couples in different dining rooms that were offered Oceanview cabins for $212 pp 3 weeks before the cruise.  They obviously took it.  It made me think that perhaps I need to start gambling on cruise ships. :classic_biggrin:  I was shocked that they would price the cabins that low.

It's possible they were cruising through a URComped offer.  I know about 2 or 3 weeks before this sailing I was offered a free inside cabin on several upcoming Edge cruises (free, aside from port fees/taxes).  Not eligible for oceanview as I have just begun to use URComped.

13 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I am going to decide tomorrow on 1-2 future cruises. I am very sad about leaving this ship and will need to book something on  the Edge, I think. Just love this ship, its staff and the vibe. Denisa and hcat both have said I could stay on their couches next week. I am truly  heartbroken to leave. I am having so much fun!!

The everyday specials in Luminae are onion soup, escargot, Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail, chicken, salmon and steak.

I will envy you in April!!

So add my couch to the list, as you are alway welcome!!!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Do they make noise or are they silent? I will embrace tgem...hope not bump into them

The couch is yours ...maybe they'll make you an offer to stay on in your suite..You have done more for X re EDGE than any of their ads!

Denisa said I could stay on her couch, though it is small. 😉 The forest music is part of the experience.  Wish I could be there when you go through the first time!!

13 hours ago, msteries said:

Marilyn - once again my delightful bedtime reading as the day of my Edge adventure comes ever nearer (Feb.10).  Many thanks!  When you have returned home (I know, sniff...) would you please check your notes and see if you have anything clear that shows where muster station C 01 is located.

I am always a bit nervous about getting out of Dayton OH when the winter has been really bad.  Not good connections.   Out first truly difficult winter in at least 5 or 6 years.  Nine degrees below zero last week, and then lots of rain followed immediately by 5 inches of snow.  No way to prevent over an inch of ice forming on our rather steep driveway.  But an latenight visit to CC boards and your engaging posts have helped a lot!  This sailing is the Eastern and thanks to your report I am thinking of doing the equivalent chefs tour on St Martin, if still offered.

as for tonight - lifting a celebratory Titos martini (or two). in your honor🍸🍸  

It looks like your Muster Station is Cafe al Bacio.

It's been a rough winter and the Edge breaks have certainly helped! This is what I left and they had at least 1 1/2 feet more after we left:

image.thumb.png.3db1c3b9ba0bec72ff927602b6dadabe.png

I will now have to live vicariously through everyone else. 🙂

4 hours ago, hcat said:

We will go for lunch once or twice...we were regulars at B on 5...hated to see it go, but the upcharge and location made it less popular.  I think it became sushi on 5.

I was thinking about the lamb, but my dh made the best  thick chops last night, perfectly cooked,,.,nothing could compare.  I may pick something else. I am lucky he is a great chef !  Usually, I order  alot of fish on cruises..diff kinds we don't get in NY or Fla,...at least at a decent price.

We went for breakfast at Le Grand Bistro - wish we had done it before. Absolutely amazing! It is $10 PP. They make fresh crepes and made one for me similar to the Italian from Bistro on 5. The eggs were unbelievable. Met Mr and Mrs Bill there and had a fun breakfast.

image.thumb.png.6e95593e5ad5490daa53671ea3781810.png

image.thumb.png.92aa33f267e4dde67ce9fb60123f046e.png

image.thumb.png.9e9f5d357e1855fe4fd4223f94a9109f.png

image.thumb.png.875abe21b0a41c4815afa5bfa3945bb2.png

Made to Order Crepe:

image.thumb.png.98758f36da743dcf1c8ed12fd3e472c7.png

Breakfast Croissant Sandwich:

image.thumb.png.518dd09635df97a3c7d53e08a44c79ab.png

Parisian Eggs Benedict:

image.thumb.png.01f63b6ed0e9f49db85cd17fd8e27e80.png

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Oville said:

It was quiet out there yesterday and that was the best day for it of the whole cruise.

Did you find the area generally pretty quiet anyway? I am sure that there will be lots of chatter, as long as it doesn't become the 'teens hideaway' like some areas of Silhouette became when we were on her last time. No offense to any teenagers out there :-)

Any idea what time it opens and / or closes?

Thanks

Went to Medical today to bring chocolates and a thank you note to Dr Lever and staff. I was able to see Miguel, the nurse who first saw me the day of my accident and then he went to get Dr Lever to see my scar. She ran her fingers over the area and was very happy that it turned out so well.  They seemed very pleased that I came back to show them their good work. I thanked them profusely!! Such great people!!  Hope you never need to see them, but if you do, you will be in good hands.

image.thumb.png.8f4b0b3b9031bdeb1b28017b9ca40c1e.png

• Like 3

Hi, me again with yet another question !

Have just spent part of today reviewing our dinner reservations. OK, I know we don't go until August, but I am surprised at how many spaces have gone already!

Just wondering, that if you have booked a slot in one of the complimentary dining rooms and just don't feel like going that evening, are you able to cancel and if so what is the time limit. We obviously, would want to give as much notice as possible and would not 'not tell' them - if you get what I mean.

So excited now and it is months and months away! The ship looks lovely, and the IV cabins are growing on us. Am sure we will have a wonderful time.

6 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Did you find the area generally pretty quiet anyway? I am sure that there will be lots of chatter, as long as it doesn't become the 'teens hideaway' like some areas of Silhouette became when we were on her last time. No offense to any teenagers out there 🙂

Any idea what time it opens and / or closes?

Thanks

It is a quiet area overall.  Breakfast runs from 8-10 and lunch 12-2.  There is nothing there to attract teens.  After lunch the area is closed off, not sure you could get outside portion through Eden Cafe off hours.

We took in part of the late show last night.  The music is not raucous more new wavish.

When are you cruising?  Kids are no issue on thus cruise.

5 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi, me again with yet another question !

Have just spent part of today reviewing our dinner reservations. OK, I know we don't go until August, but I am surprised at how many spaces have gone already!

Just wondering, that if you have booked a slot in one of the complimentary dining rooms and just don't feel like going that evening, are you able to cancel and if so what is the time limit. We obviously, would want to give as much notice as possible and would not 'not tell' them - if you get what I mean.

I would think you can cancel anytime.  For the pay restaurants they ask you to cancel 24 hours in advance because of limited seating and waitlists.  Katie

1 minute ago, Oville said:

It is a quiet area overall.  Breakfast runs from 8-10 and lunch 12-2.  There is nothing there to attract teens.  After lunch the area is closed off, not sure you could get outside portion through Eden Cafe off hours.

We took in part of the late show last night.  The music is not raucous more new wavish.

When are you cruising?  Kids are no issue on thus cruise.

That's great news - we are SO grateful as it is putting our minds at rest now :-)

We sail in August (main school holidays in the UK) due to our jobs, so we always expect more children and families. That isn't a problem, everyone deserves a holiday and it is nice to see families having fun together, but as this is a new ship and an 'unknown' space we were worried about what exactly it was and if it would be noisy. On every ship we have been on there always seems to be a space that the teenagers adopt in the evening, but as you say, looking at it, it doesn't seem have that vibe I suppose.

1 minute ago, Oville said:

I would think you can cancel anytime.  For the pay restaurants they ask you to cancel 24 hours in advance because of limited seating and waitlists.  Katie

Thanks again. Would not want to mess them about and it would be unfair to just 'not turn up' when others may be waiting for tables. So far we have booked the FCS for our 25th anniversary and Le Petit Chef.  We have booked most other nights in the other 4 complimentary dining areas but have left some gaps so that we can try other things. We had wanted to go to the MC but as this seems to be mostly a fish menu we will probably give it a miss.

13 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Thanks again. Would not want to mess them about and it would be unfair to just 'not turn up' when others may be waiting for tables. So far we have booked the FCS for our 25th anniversary and Le Petit Chef.  We have booked most other nights in the other 4 complimentary dining areas but have left some gaps so that we can try other things. We had wanted to go to the MC but as this seems to be mostly a fish menu we will probably give it a miss.

Keep an eye out for updates on the Rooftop Grill.  The current wind issues need to be addressed.  If they put a wind barrier up it will make for a pleasant evening out.  The food is very good.  A couple of nights ago I ended up wearing my husband’s beer after a big gust of wind, and later a couple a few tables down saw our salads coming their way.

Edited by Oville
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Oville said:

Keep an eye out for updates on the Rooftop Grill.  The current wind issues need to be addressed.  If they put a wind barrier up it will make for a pleasant evening out.  The food is very good.  A couple of nights ago I ended up wearing my husband’s beer after a big gust of wind, and later a couple a few tables down saw our salads coming their way.

Sorry, shouldn't laugh, but I did :classic_smile:

Seriously though, I suppose the fact that we go in August should give them the chance to iron out issues as they crop up.

Our first Celebrity cruise was on Silhouette (I think it was her first proper 12 night cruise in the August of 2011) but she had had the benefit of a number of 'sisters' before she sailed !

VT:  Unless I missed the post I haven’t heard nor seen any mention on the Retreat Lounge experience. We plan on spending some quiet time there during our cruise.  Does anyone who has had a suite on Edge can share their experience. Loved Michaels Club and anxious to compare with Retreat. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Oville said:

Thats terrible. Hope they fix it. The lawn club grill on S class ships had nice wind screens so you could dine without the wind issues. Just had to face the wind when walking to the restaurant. 

22 minutes ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

Thats terrible. Hope they fix it. The lawn club grill on S class ships had nice wind screens so you could dine without the wind issues. Just had to face the wind when walking to the restaurant. 

If I recall the screens of S Class were put up after wind issues became apparent. 

We were comped for our dinner Wednesday night.

Edited by Oville
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

Also the Porch is well protected on the Silhouette and Reflection.  Seems like a very solvable problem and a surprising oversight.

32 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Also the Porch is well protected on the Silhouette and Reflection.  Seems like a very solvable problem and a surprising oversight.

The Rooftop Grill is more like the Lawn Club Grill.

Edited by Oville