VTcruising Is Living On The Edge Again: The LIVE Saga Continues (1/20/19)

vtcruising

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Wish I could do the TA - what fun you are going to have!! 😀

Maybe those of us on the TA can do a special post for you!  There are quite a few of us...and remember, you are welcome on our couch!  I also have a friend in a CS who would have room for two, if DH is so inclined!  You could move around all over the ship, trying out various cabins...:classic_love:  Celebrity may even have a cabin available just for you...maybe call it "Marilyn, This One's For You!"

Edited by Lastdance

35 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Maybe those of us on the TA can do a special post for you!  There are quite a few of us...and remember, you are welcome on our couch!  I also have a friend in a CS who would have room for two, if DH is so inclined!  You could move around all over the ship, trying out various cabins...:classic_love:  Celebrity may even have a cabin available just for you...maybe call it "Marilyn, This One's For You!"

I like the sound of that! 😉

For those waiting for decent tables on their sky suite decks, one butler said that they keep getting told that the tables are coming. It is embarrassing for them to present room service and they really want bigger tables (this didn't come from our butler - I don't want her to get into trouble since they are likely reading this - it was from another butler onboard).

I noticed this morning that our lounger had been removed. I hope that Rich got the loungers he asked for! One butler or cabin attendant reportedly picked up a friend's second lounger in the dark so that all his guests wouldn't ask for one. I wish they would provide them for all (or reclining chairs and footstools), along with bigger tables, so that there is consistency.

I will be sending a very detailed review to several key people (I've collected a few cards over the past few cruises 🙂) and will of course include the SS furniture issue. The people I have talked to are very receptive to feedback. They do want to make it right (at least the people onboard).

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to show that you can fit the phone on the smaller nightstand so that you can charge your phone with the USB port. The phone cord is very long so you can run the cord along the wall to the other side. The phone itself is cordless so that you can walk around the cabin and talk. I did notice that there is no caller ID - that is a pain because I felt that I needed to answer every call (I might let CC reminders go to message, for example).

image.thumb.png.caf3114d851b9fca432465deb662e623.png

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Yes I’m wearing my helmet next time! Can’t wait to hear your impressions of the ship!! 😀

I cannot wait either, alas not until Thanksgiving!!!!!

Yet, want to keep up with everyone who is sailing before us on their impressions and thoughts and changes made (good, bad or in-different)...

Thank you for all of your input, along with the others... so far.

btw - has anyone heard from or seen Lloyd???? I trust all is well with him.

bon voyage

Just now, Bo1953 said:

I cannot wait either, alas not until Thanksgiving!!!!!

Yet, want to keep up with everyone who is sailing before us on their impressions and thoughts and changes made (good, bad or in-different)...

Thank you for all of your input, along with the others... so far.

btw - has anyone heard from or seen Lloyd???? I trust all is well with him.

bon voyage

I hope all is well with Lloyd! Now that I'm booked on the Apex, I will be following that build with more interest! 🙂

• Like 1

Hope you got home safe...

Boarded today without any issues.  Ship is very nice but many ups and downs,  we are watching our step....Turns out we have our  bed by the balc and I like it very much ...The IV is also better than I expected,  I have 2 smaller Hoppen  pillows on the  veranda chairs.  I put one bouquet on the  veranda  table and another arrangement in the niche..Our stateroom attendant is great.. He took away the vase  that says do not fill with water and the  fake coral.  

Sailaway get together was  well attended..many send you their regards

Will post a bit as I go but nothing like your reviews.  Will load some pics tom

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I will be sending a very detailed review to several key people (I've collected a few cards over the past few cruises 🙂) and will of course include the SS furniture issue. The people I have talked to are very receptive to feedback. They do want to make it right (at least the people onboard).

Marilyn, since you have the “ears” of the crew (and possibly corporate) would you please put in a word for those of us in IV cabins? We would truly appreciate a decent table on the Veranda and/or a coffee table. Aside from being disgusted with the design flaws (Veranda too shallow & bifold doors not airtight) my DH is VERY disappointed that we’ll not have a bistro table like we’ve had on previous Verandas. Had we known what the IV would be like (when compared with all the early marketing drawings & videos) we would not have booked one. We’re sticking with our booking, but we do hope Celebrity will also address the issues raised by the rest of us, rather than only focusing on suites. If you are able to use your power for this good cause, many of us will thank you and shower you with perfect Margaritas😁 Also, just in case you choose the winning lottery numbers, there are suites available on our April TA😈 Cheers! Michelle 

Edited by Silkroad

On 1/25/2019 at 3:55 PM, MVPinBoynton said:

Marilyn, Have you run into any folks that got a great deal on their cruise because they were gamblers?  We met two separate couples in different dining rooms that were offered Oceanview cabins for $212 pp 3 weeks before the cruise.  They obviously took it.  It made me think that perhaps I need to start gambling on cruise ships. :classic_biggrin:  I was shocked that they would price the cabins that low.

Quite a few reported on CC that they had been offered free cruises on Edge. I presume the amount you stated is for the taxes and port fees.

10 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Marilyn, since you have the “ears” of the crew (and possibly corporate) would you please put in a word for those of us in IV cabins? We would truly appreciate a decent table on the Veranda and/or a coffee table. Aside from being disgusted with the design flaws (Veranda too shallow & bifold doors not airtight) my DH is VERY disappointed that we’ll not have a bistro table like we’ve had on previous Verandas. Had we known what the IV would be like (when compared with all the early marketing drawings & videos) we would not have booked one. We’re sticking with our booking, but we do hope Celebrity will also address the issues raised by the rest of us, rather than only focusing on suites. If you are able to use your power for this good cause, many of us will thank you and shower you with perfect Margaritas😁 Also, just in case you choose the winning lottery numbers, there are suites available on our April TA😈 Cheers! Michelle 

I am sending in my review of all 14 nights, so would include the IV nights and my feedback for those. 🙂

If I win the lottery, it will be suites for all of us on the TA. 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We stayed in the Oceanside Inn again last night and will fly out today. It was sunny for a little while but the skies opened up later. I had not felt well the night before so took the day to sleep and read. It was lovely.

Henry walked to Walgreens to get another book and some sundries and had lunch in the little bar/restaurant here. Very friendly place and good food. He had fun chatting with Rose, the bartender. We both went down last night for some dinner. There were some pre and post-cruisers at the bar so it was fun to hear people talking. Two couples from Great Britain were celebrating their 50th anniversaries on a cruise. The husbands had been best friends for 70 years and they were married within a week of each other. Someone at the bar bought them champagne and gave a nice toast and we all toasted the happy couples. You've gotta love cruisers! It was a fun evening. 🥂

I dreamed of the Edge all night and kept thinking of new things to put in my review. 🙂  I will be flying today, but will finish reporting on the last two days of the cruise (and the cabin crawl) and then have an overall review within the next few days. 

I hope everyone is doing well onboard and that they are having a blast!! 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

We stayed in the Oceanside Inn again last night and will fly out today. It was sunny for a little while but the skies opened up later. I had not felt well the night before so took the day to sleep and read. It was lovely.

Henry walked to Walgreens to get another book and some sundries and had lunch in the little bar/restaurant here. Very friendly place and good food. He had fun chatting with Rose, the bartender. We both went down last night for some dinner. There were some pre and post-cruisers at the bar so it was fun to hear people talking. Two couples from Great Britain were celebrating their 50th anniversaries on a cruise. The husbands had been best friends for 70 years and they were married within a week of each other. Someone at the bar bought them champagne and gave a nice toast and we all toasted the happy couples. You've gotta love cruisers! It was a fun evening. 🥂

I dreamed of the Edge all night and kept thinking of new things to put in my review. 🙂  I will be flying today, but will finish reporting on the last two days of the cruise (and the cabin crawl) and then have an overall review within the next few days. 

I hope everyone is doing well onboard and that they are having a blast!! 😊

Too bad you couldn't stay on the ship another week.... we are expecting an arctic blast.... may even impact us in Atlanta.... safe travels.

12 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Michelle.... unless they make the veranda bigger... there is no way to have a larger table or chairs that recline. The veranda is 40% smaller than similar veranda on Silhouette (in terms of usable space... not architectural drawings). Too late for Edge and Apex... perhaps the ships that follow can be modified to at least have deeper verandas... wider is not likely since that has a compounding impact on length of the ship.... I too complained about the designer picking these items... but once you see the space... the poor designer couldn't add space...had to deal with the space given. I had suggested a pub table design where you could pull leaves out from under the top... but there is no room to maneuver and pull out leaves. Frankly I think they should only have one chair on the veranda.. but I am sure they did not do that because people would object..... Now I will say as I have before... despite this I liked the IV cabin...DH preferred regular veranda... I never sit out in the sun... so this was a great way for me to enjoy the outside view. I would book this again..at the right price however... I am not sure DH would join me however.

Edited by kearney

5 hours ago, villauk said:

Quite a few reported on CC that they had been offered free cruises on Edge. I presume the amount you stated is for the taxes and port fees.

You know, that makes a lot of sense.  Our taxes and port charges were $279; but that was when we were being charged for the cruise.  $175 of that was port charges.  

45 minutes ago, kearney said:

Too bad you couldn't stay on the ship another week.... we are expecting an arctic blast.... may even impact us in Atlanta.... safe travels.

We saw that we will be getting back home just in time for another big snowstorm and zero degrees. We will start up the wood stove, get the generator ready and relax by the fire. 🙂

VT.... when we were on board... they took our sea passes when we got off the ship... along with our pass ports and took us to customs... I made the mistake of buying a watch on board.... Anyway... after about an hour or so we finally got up to customs... someone handed him our pass ports... but we never got our sea passes back. I have asked Celebrity on two occassions .about this and have not gotten a response. I would like them back... we collect them from our various cruises and this being a maiden voyage...was well kinda special. I am wondering if you ran into anyone that this has happened to... is this standard when you buy something on board ... I recall seeing a crew member with a stack of them... it did not occur to me to go up to that person and ask about them.

14 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I hope all is well with Lloyd! Now that I'm booked on the Apex, I will be following that build with more interest! 🙂

We are booked on Apex too, B2B in Nov. 2020 to the Caribbean. Couldn’t resist, they made me an offer I couldn’t refuse... 😁 Life is good.

• Like 2