Bathroom in Junior suite

laslomas

A couple of quick questions for recent cruisers:

In the Junior Suite I know there is a shower in the bathtub. Does it have a non-slip surface?

Also what toiletries are provided, and are they replenished through the cruise?

Travelling on Independence in May.

Thanks

Thanks for the responses. Good to know I can save a bit of weight regarding toiletries, I think I will have to do the towel trick too if there is not a non-slip surface.

Just thinking that a non slip mat could be provided. I would think the last thing RCI would want is the medical centre full of bathtub injuries 🤕 

Its a combo shower/tub and the tub is high it could be a problem for some to get in and out.  Place a hand towel in the tub.  I never found it to be slippery though.  You get better toiletries than the other cabins.  I personally prefer a separate shower, our last 4 cruses we had the JS but our next one will be a regular balcony so we have the regular shower, we don't need the tub.

11 minutes ago, Allaboutsailingrc said:

Has anyone ever asked the stateroom attendant for a non-slip mat? Also, are there grab bars in the tub/shower combo? And is the shower adjustable like the one In the regular shower?

Shower head is adjustable.  Grab bars vary, but I've always felt like they should have more.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Shower head is adjustable.  Grab bars vary, but I've always felt like they should have more.

Thanks Bob.  The small showers all have grab bars. You would think they would have them in a bathtub. This will be on Grandeur, an older ship. May be a problem if no grab bars. 

On 1/29/2019 at 1:12 AM, laslomas said:

Thanks for the responses. Good to know I can save a bit of weight regarding toiletries, I think I will have to do the towel trick too if there is not a non-slip surface.

Just thinking that a non slip mat could be provided. I would think the last thing RCI would want is the medical centre full of bathtub injuries 🤕 

One of the reasons we often get a JS cabin is to lie in the bath.

The surface of the bath is smooth otherwise it would be uncomfortable when having a bath.

There are a selection of shower gels,hair conditioner soap and body lotion which your Cabin steward will keep topped up.

If we need anything I usually leave a little note for the cabin Steward if he is not nearby plus a couple of dollars with the note.

Edited by grapau27

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

One of the reasons we often get a JS cabin is to lie in the bath.

The surface of the bath is smooth otherwise it would be uncomfortable when having a bath.

There are a selection of shower gels,hair conditioner soap and body lotion which your Cabin steward will keep topped up.

If we need anything I usually leave a little note for the cabin Steward if he is not nearby plus a couple of dollars with the note.

I like your little tip of leaving a couple of dollars with the note. Bet the cabin attendant appreciates that too. 

30 minutes ago, Allaboutsailingrc said:

I like your little tip of leaving a couple of dollars with the note. Bet the cabin attendant appreciates that too. 

30 minutes ago, Allaboutsailingrc said:

Thanks.

I hope they appreciate it as they have always managed to get what we have requested.