burgers

andynixon

Everyone in my family had at least one a day, sometimes 2.  I thought the Guys Burgers were the best food on the ship....but then again for me at least a nice juicy hamburger is my favorite food.  I am not one of those foodie type people.  Just give me a nice juicy hamburger and fries and I am happy! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moongal said:

Everyone in my family had at least one a day, sometimes 2.  I thought the Guys Burgers were the best food on the ship....but then again for me at least a nice juicy hamburger is my favorite food.  I am not one of those foodie type people.  Just give me a nice juicy hamburger and fries and I am happy! 

I too enjoy a nice, juicy burger.  The one I had, and the reason I had only one, was that the one I was served was overcooked, hard, and dry.

Just now, bury me at sea said:

I too enjoy a nice, juicy burger.  The one I had, and the reason I had only one, was that the one I was served was overcooked, hard, and dry.

Maybe it was just a bad day at the Guys Burger station!  I haven't had such bad luck thank goodness!  🙂  But if I did get a dried out Crapburger, I would have tossed it and gone back for another.  Perhaps you went at a time when there wasn't a big demand and the burgers had time to sit around under a heat lamp or something.   A port day perhaps?  I have only ever been to the Guys Burgers when there was a line and they couldn't keep up fast enough with keeping the hamburger patties coming, so it didn't have time to get charred or dried out.  

Try it again!  Maybe you will have better luck.  🙂

2 minutes ago, moongal said:

Maybe it was just a bad day at the Guys Burger station!  I haven't had such bad luck thank goodness!  🙂  But if I did get a dried out Crapburger, I would have tossed it and gone back for another.  Perhaps you went at a time when there wasn't a big demand and the burgers had time to sit around under a heat lamp or something.   A port day perhaps?  I have only ever been to the Guys Burgers when there was a line and they couldn't keep up fast enough with keeping the hamburger patties coming, so it didn't have time to get charred or dried out.  

Try it again!  Maybe you will have better luck.  🙂

You could be right.  I have read many posts raving about them.  I'm not inclined to try them again, just as I don't give a restaurant on land a second chance if their food is sub-par.

• Like 1

as I just said in another thread, the number one rule of a juicy burger is never press it. Once you put a 2 pound press on a burger, it's well done and dry. Not that there's anything wrong with it, if you like well done burgers. 

2 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

You could be right.  I have read many posts raving about them.  I'm not inclined to try them again, just as I don't give a restaurant on land a second chance if their food is sub-par.

Lol, I am the same way regarding a restaurant on land... one and done if I don't like it the first time, won't go back.  Not about to waste my money a second time giving a second chance, but on a cruise, what do you have to lose?  The burgers are free... well you know what I mean... not any extra expense and if you still don't like it, you can still just toss it and go find something else.  No risk whatsoever!   Guys Burgers aren't the absolute best burgers on the planet, but they are pretty decent.  Give it another chance next time you cruise!  Maybe you will be pleasantly surprised!  And no, I am not an employee of Guys Burgers! 🙂   🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, coevan said:

One and did not finish it, thought it was dry, well done and tasteless.

Thank goodness for the toppings, still never went back. 

I don't eat red meats

but my wife had one, and remarked that it was underwhelming

just another burger -nothing real special- despite all the hype.

Sorry about that.

14 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

I don't eat red meats

but my wife had one, and remarked that it was underwhelming

just another burger -nothing real special- despite all the hype.

Sorry about that.

Sure sounds like you are burger connoisseur to me

I've only been on one cruise so far that had Guys, and I ate a total of 2 in 7 days. I like burgers, I might even go as far as saying I'm a "burger connoisseur", and while I thought Guy's were tasty, they really weren't something I'd want to eat everyday, a little to heavy on the ole tum tum. Now, the Blue Iguana fish tacos on the other hand, I could eat those everyday and they are one of the first things I plan on getting when I board the Sunshine in 80 days! :classic_biggrin:  

• Like 1

What most people don't realize is the first month those Guy's burgers became available they were delicious and the meat was a better quality .  After the introduction the meat/taste went downhill , must have changed to a cheaper brand..  The other thing I have found out is that the crew cooking the burgers really don't like it when a person ask for a burger that's offered on Guys sign posted on the wall menu. They'll just point to the fixit bar.

See the source image

• Like 1