I am soooooo happy that the captains of HAL's ships do a better job than the IT dept!

Hflors

I just went to HAL's website, and according to the site Hal goes No where!   When I hit the "cruise to" the results came up "0 results"!!!    Honestly an organization as large as HAL just can't seem to get their website running!   I am just happy that the Captains of their ships are more qualified and know how to steer their ships!!!    Come on HAL I really think you can do better than that!  (I wish I was a computer wiz so I could post a picture of the website!  Sorry)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I just went to HAL's site and selected the Caribbean, sailing from Ft Lauderdale, longer cruise of 16 or more days and got 2 results.

No problems for me.

I’m reading on a tablet and appreciate that you are no longer using Comic Sans.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

I made a booking yesterday with a HAL rep. The public website indicated there were no SA cabins left. The rep looked on her website and found several.  Another example of problems with the public website.

I don't think that this is unusual.  The website never shows the true number of unsold because blocks of cabins have been offered to TA's and for the guarantees.  I understand that this was a HAL rep that found the non-public openings, but HAL probably has its own reasons for not showing total availability.

3 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

I don't think that this is unusual.  The website never shows the true number of unsold because blocks of cabins have been offered to TA's and for the guarantees.  I understand that this was a HAL rep that found the non-public openings, but HAL probably has its own reasons for not showing total availability.

The cruise I booked is five weeks out so I assumed if there was availability in any category, a few cabins would be shown since it is after final payment. 

2 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

When I go through the process of trying to book  a cruise on the website, I can only get as far as number of people in a cabin and then it sends an error message and won't go any further.  This has been happening for two days.

You may be trying to book in a category where there are no available cabins. Try a different category.

2 hours ago, RuthC said:

If the captains were as good as the IT department, HAL wouldn't NEED an IT department.
They would be out of business.

So true Ruth!!!

Trying to look up another cruise dh and I have been thinking about.  No luck.  I am having problems again.  I do have a secret.  I go to another ta website to look up available cabins.  (if I can get that far on HAL's site and that is a big if.)  Those cabins are always available.   I did see the fall of 2020 for Hawaii and Tahiti are available now.  Just an fyi.  I have a cabin on hold, but I am still objecting to putting down $3500 this far out.  Another thing I learned from Hal rep.  Hal is having a special of $25.00 deposits on certain cruises.  I didn't have time to find out what cruises they were (she said the longer cruises don't qualify)