Please Reassure Me re A1 Cabin Choice

helen haywood

I have just booked cabin 1561 on Equinox.  I normally sail in 2B cabins.  This was a last minute cruise choice and Select Dining (a deal breaker for us) was unavailable thus I looked at Aqua Class to have anytime dining in Blu.  Have never sailed in AQ.  This, alas, was the only cabin option; none of the A2s were available.  I normally would never want to be under the pool deck!  I read the Sticky on cabins in this location and some said they had no noise issues, some did.  Some found the overhang very off putting, some did not.  Personally, I will miss being able to look directly up at the stars but, hey, I can go up one deck and see plenty.  The shade issue would actually be a bonus.  I don't want to be in the sun (one melanoma removed was one too many...) and sometimes my 2B cabins didn't have a single spot on the balcony that wasn't in direct sun.

I will read up on how to go to the MDR if my husband insists on first night Prime Rib...  Just hope others who have sailed in A1s can say some reassuring words.

I think this cabin is fine being under the whirlpool area.  You will really enjoy AQ and you will get extra tier points plus access to Persian Gardens.  We love the quietness of having breakfast in there and of course, dinner is always great..

We book A1s quite a lot specifically for the overhang and Blu (I too have had skin cancer removed), but unfortunately I don't remember most cabin numbers.  I can tell you that we were never bothered by noise from above.  

FYI:  first night in Blu they normally have a filet and prime rib is served at some point during the cruise.  On another note, on the last cruise we were on (Reflection in January) the couple next to us in Blu ordered from the MDR menu more then a few times.  Enjoy!

Here's a link to cruisedeckplans.com https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Celebrity-Equinox&zoom=1   You can click and drag one deck onto another to see exactly what will be above you. We've stayed on the deck below the pool deck several times without issue. I wouldn't want to be below the gym, but you're not. The overhang is something we've found as a benefit since it give respite from the sun and if there's rain allows you to utilize the balcony. As others have said, Blu has filet and prime rib is served during the cruise, so you shouldn't worry about FOMO (fear of missing out) and the service in Blu is outstanding. Just beware that once you've done Blu you may have trouble going back! Be aware that you'll find a dining time note in your cabin for the first night only from the Blu maître d. This is a suggestion only to help make the first night dining in Blu run more smoothly, but if that time isn't to your liking you may go whenever you want without problem.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, printingchick said:

Luvcrusn: Great site. I think I've checked cabin reviews on this site, but was unaware of this feature! Thanks!

You're most welcome.  I use it every time I book a cruise.  Great info and pics. Have a great cruise. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I have just booked cabin 1561 on Equinox.  I normally sail in 2B cabins.  This was a last minute cruise choice and Select Dining (a deal breaker for us) was unavailable thus I looked at Aqua Class to have anytime dining in Blu.  Have never sailed in AQ.  This, alas, was the only cabin option; none of the A2s were available.  I normally would never want to be under the pool deck!  I read the Sticky on cabins in this location and some said they had no noise issues, some did.  Some found the overhang very off putting, some did not.  Personally, I will miss being able to look directly up at the stars but, hey, I can go up one deck and see plenty.  The shade issue would actually be a bonus.  I don't want to be in the sun (one melanoma removed was one too many...) and sometimes my 2B cabins didn't have a single spot on the balcony that wasn't in direct sun.

I will read up on how to go to the MDR if my husband insists on first night Prime Rib...  Just hope others who have sailed in A1s can say some reassuring words.

You can ask for the MDR menu in Aqua Class and be served in Blu.  I did this several times recently when the Aqua Class menu did not appeal to me or there was something special in the MDR.

You should really enjoy 1561. You have staterooms below and only the hot tub (whirl pool) over your area on 12. You should have plenty of space and I understand that Blu is also very good, although we've never tried it since we really like Luminae.

Enjoy your stateroom and have a ball on the cruise!

You will be very happy with 1561.  We spent 3 weeks in 1566 on Silhouette last year, and the rooms are parallel, port and starboard.   As mentioned the room is under the solarium, so you don’t have much movement of chairs, like the main pool deck.  There is a sliding glass door, and I had reservations that we might hear noise fromy  that or the whirlpools, but we never heard anything in the room, or while on the balcony from above.  

We we love the overhang, but as you, avoid the sun, and have enjoyed the Protection from rain and wind in the colder climate cruises.

We were so happy with 1566 that we booked it again for a cruise next year on Solstice.  Enjoy your trip.  

22 hours ago, gofloat said:

You can ask for the MDR menu in Aqua Class and be served in Blu.  I did this several times recently when the Aqua Class menu did not appeal to me or there was something special in the MDR.

Sometimes yes, more often no, especially on S class as the kitchens are nowhere near each other. On M class you have a better chance.

We were on Solstice when I ordered from the MDR menu.  I didn't do this every night but occasionally the MDR menu was more appealing.  Especially the night when the Blu menu included Octopus, Pheasant a vegetarian option and Lamb.  The Lamb turned out to be quite good according to those who had it, but I ordered from the other menu.