Upgrade Beverage Package

mosleyman

We got a classic beverage package as part of our "extra" when we booked.  Can anyone tell me if we can upgrade to a Premium Package.  If yes, what would be the cost for and adult who has classic beverage package and for a child who has classic beverage package (upgrade to premium so that they can get smoothies)

Thanks

Last time we did a B2B, we upgraded the first week. After a couple of days we decided it as a waste of money. The second week we stayed with the Classic and it was more than adequate. We don’t drink anything straight, and to us, once you add a mix, we couldn’t tell the difference.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hunters109 said:

I would like to upgrade.  I am still uncertain the best time to do it.

I would get on board and try out the Classic -   You can upgrade at any time and even after the first drink if you decide Premium is best for you just ask the Bartender to upgrade you .   Any Bartender or drink waiter can upgrade you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The upgrade for the child $4 per day plus gratuities. The first couple times I traveled with my child, it was automatically upgraded from the classic non-alcohol to the premium non-alcohol with no fee. He just had the premium non-alcohol when we boarded.  I assumed it was because the value of the premium non-alcohol is way less than the classic alcohol. However, the we sailed on the Infinity in November and in February and I had to pay for it. I tried to get them to comp it with no luck!

• 1 month later...

When I signed into cruise planner today, I saw that there is a Spring 3 Day sale on the "extras". Does anyone know if this would apply to an upgrade from the Classic Beverage package to the Premium Beverage package?

On 2/13/2019 at 2:55 PM, grandgeezer said:

Last time we did a B2B, we upgraded the first week. After a couple of days we decided it as a waste of money. The second week we stayed with the Classic and it was more than adequate. We don’t drink anything straight, and to us, once you add a mix, we couldn’t tell the difference.

Very reasonable especially if you do not care about better wines and beers.

Your suggestion may be even more appropriate, since you now only have to pay the difference in price if you want something over the Classic limit.

Your point about mixing is a good one that is “lost” on a lot of people.

Edited by jagoffee

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2019 at 2:35 PM, sasset said:

My Cruise Planner says it's still $11.80 per day to upgrade.

Where do you look in your Cruise Planner.  My cruise is for September 2020.  

We were on the Equinox in Feb & had the classic pkg.  We ordered a drink like the one that was made for another passenger.  It turns out it was over the $9 limit but didn't we realize it. Bartender charged us an extra $1 each plus gratuity (something like 20 cents each). I don't know if all bartenders do it. We're happy with the classic pkg. The specialty coffees are what we go for!

On 2/13/2019 at 8:04 PM, m8zenblue said:

Yes, you can upgrade !

My advice is to wait till embarkation, there will be many staff trying to sell different services.

Last year I was able to negotiate a price to upgrade from Classic to Premium.

Also, pick your favorite bar and bartender to upgrade as he will be your best friend the rest of the cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CardRock said:

Also, pick your favorite bar and bartender to upgrade as he will be your best friend the rest of the cruise. 

This is good advice.   

Don’t purchase it from any of the servers that are out on the first day like hyenas looking for a kill.   You will never see them again and they are just after the commission they get for the sale.

The BT isn’t going to give you service before anyone else but they may be a little more accommodating if they run out of something, such as trying to get some instead of saying we are out.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 11:33 AM, CardRock said:

This is absolutely true!

My DW and I upgraded from Classic to Premium on our last cruise.  My SIL purchased the Premium package in whole at the same time.  Upon boarding, we went to the Martini Bar and a delightful young man came to take our orders.  He confirmed that the Martini Bar was his regular station, so we upgraded with him.  True to his word, he always seemed to "find us" when we were there for the duration of the cruise.  When a couple martini's seemed to have "sub par" olives, he cut to the chase and fixed the problem.  Throughout, he said if anything was "not right", to let him know and he would make it right.  Can't speak highly enough of him! 

We did enjoy the upgrade, as it included sparkling water, which my wife enjoys.  We are wine drinkers and enjoyed being able to enjoy any wine we wanted for the duration of the cruise.

Incidentally, if you meet Iwan on the Silhouette Martini Bar, he will not do you wrong!  He gave us amazing service!

Dale