Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

7 hours ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

Quisine from a quick menu glance seems vegan friendly. The chef should be able to adapt some recipes to fit my diet. My husband the Omni will be happy since it’s a specialty restaurant we can definitely try. I also plan to find out if the steakhouse can make me a vegan dish so my DH can eat there.

That’s other issue I have with LPC replacing Qsine. Qsine is pretty much the only vegetarian/vegan friendly specialty restaurant on the Summit. There are a lot of items that already are or can be made veg/vegan. 

18 minutes ago, varoo said:

image.png.6c30becfa0a95f0d25da781d1ba7fadd.png

Oh no! 

What have they done to ruin those beautiful M-class Celebrity Suites?

This one now looks so plain and drab.

I think the new cabins look fresh and new. I know the M class didn't come online until 2000, but the cabin had the look of a late 90's hotel for sure. I absolutely love the new look. I hope to be in in a CS on Summit in December 2020.

• Like 8

Elevator to retreat on Summit (pics taken at night) --enclosed glass elevator on outside deck of ship. (Not a suite guest, but I thought I'd post these pics). Thought this may answer some questions I've seen about accessibility.

I am posting pictures but won't answer questions (still on honeymoon after Summot March 25th cruise, and have a lot of post-wedding stuff to deal with when we get home).

20190329_195540.jpg

20190329_195548.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Newbie2006 said:

Elevator to retreat on Summit (pics taken at night) --enclosed glass elevator on outside deck of ship. (Not a suite guest, but I thought I'd post these pics). Thought this may answer some questions I've seen about accessibility.

I am posting pictures but won't answer questions (still on honeymoon after Summot March 25th cruise, and have a lot of post-wedding stuff to deal with when we get home).

20190329_195540.jpg

20190329_195548.jpg

Thank you for these pics.  We have AQ 1022 on the Millennium and as per the ship pics looks like our cabin is beneath this elevator (for the retreat deck).  This gives us a better visual of what will be over us.

Just now, Newbie2006 said:

20190329_195540.jpg

20190329_195548.jpg

20190329_195611.jpg

20190329_195614.jpg

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I sail in CS suites on M-Class ships quite often and to my knowledge they have never had loungers on the balconies.   Originally the CS's didn't have a balcony and when they added them they are rather narrow but wrap around.   Putting a lounger on the deck would be quite tight. 

We were on the Equinox in February is a CS and the balcony actually had 2 loungers! One with a cushion and one like a mesh.  And also a table where you could eat breakfast and a few chairs.  It was heaven!   Yes that balcony looks small with no room for a table.   Unless I bring our own fold up and pull it out of my carryon like Mary Poppins lol!   

Edited by CruisinRoxy

10 hours ago, varoo said:

image.png.6c30becfa0a95f0d25da781d1ba7fadd.png

Oh no! 

What have they done to ruin those beautiful M-class Celebrity Suites?

This one now looks so plain and drab.

The colours I can accept (even though I prefer warmer shades); but it’s the non-functional furniture in the Suites (from Sky upwards) that has my jaw-dropping.  Regular verandas to AQ have better balcony furniture.  

2 hours ago, CruisinRoxy said:

We were on the Equinox in February is a CS and the balcony actually had 2 loungers! One with a cushion and one like a mesh.  And also a table where you could eat breakfast and a few chairs.  It was heaven!   Yes that balcony looks small with no room for a table.   Unless I bring our own fold up and pull it out of my carryon like Mary Poppins lol!   

I agree that the S class have larger furniture.   It's the M-Class that are limited.   They do have a nice foot stool that when used with the chair use to be quite comfy. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Suite guests and possibly Zenith members.

My understanding is that Zenith is limited to the Retreat Lounge and do not have access to the Sun bathing area.   Would love to hear if I've been misguided.   I don't really understand why they restricted it in this way for Zenith's

44 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My understanding is that Zenith is limited to the Retreat Lounge and do not have access to the Sun bathing area.   Would love to hear if I've been misguided.   I don't really understand why they restricted it in this way for Zenith's

You probably know more about this than I do, just thought it was a possibility.

51 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You are correct, Zenith's have access to the Retreat but not the Retreat Pool deck.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Could it be because Zenith members had access to Michael’s lounge, so they’re keeping their access to the replacement, which is the Retreat Lounge? Before the “Revolution”, no Retreat Sundeck existed, so Zenith members aren’t losing access they once had.

What is the point of the Retreat? 

It seems to be an exclusive sun bathing area where suite guests can put towels on chairs to annoy other suite guests, instead of the general population.  Is there more to it than that? 

Just now, D C said:

It seems to be an exclusive sun bathing area where suite guests can put towels on chairs to annoy other suite guests, instead of the general population.  Is there more to it than that? 

If you follow these boards and the changes and the perks....if you say so. :classic_rolleyes:

9 hours ago, D C said:

Actually, someone puts the towels down for you.😎 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Found a new video walk through post drydock:

Thanks for posting this.. Good  visual overview which covers most of the ship...Answered some of my ques about the gym equip ...etc.

It is still showing Q sine....not sure if that is going to remain Q sine....or become LPC. Hope it stays Q sine.  While not our fav  we would go at least once on our cruise...no interest in LPC or cartoons on  the plate!

• Like 1

My family will be traveling on the Summit this summer and it will be our first experience with Celebrity.  We are staying in a regular veranda and our adult children across the hall from us in an inside room.  Would anyone be able to post pictures of these rooms?  Are there bathtubs in the bathrooms or stand alone showers?  Are there grab bars in the showers?