Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

Thanks for posting the video.  Loved it!  My only comment on the new furniture is that there seems to lots of chairs and tables with thin legs that stick out,  I can see others and myself hooking a foot on those and perhaps having accidents.  Are they heavier than they look?

Over all it looks good to me.  Times do change.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fishkillbill said:

Concierge room. Too bad they made the couch so small. It looks like there was plenty of room. No little table anymore either. 

room 2.JPG

room 1.JPG

Wow!  Why leave all that unusable wall space when they could have put in a full size sofa which would have been very handy?  I don't mind the color scheme or any of that, but getting rid of the coffee table is frustrating.  I'll have to make sure and keep the desk cleared off or just have room service set the tray outside?.  I get they want us to "enjoy the ship", but one of the reasons we have a balcony is to enjoy breakfast on the balcony.  And I usually do not put the whole tray outside.

Still, it's a cruise and I'm sure we'll love every minute of being on the Summit in November.

15 hours ago, D C said:

What is the point of the Retreat? 

It seems to be an exclusive sun bathing area where suite guests can put towels on chairs to annoy other suite guests, instead of the general population.  Is there more to it than that? 

The point is that suite guest have a retreat to get away from all those that stake out loungers in the sunbathing area.  It is also an indoor secluded lounge where you can get drinks and light lunches without having to fight for a seat in the Ocean View.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fishkillbill said:

Concierge room. Too bad they made the couch so small. It looks like there was plenty of room. No little table anymore either. 

room 2.JPG

room 1.JPG

Did you notice how far away the night stand with the lamp is from the bed? I believe they placed it there because it would make the useable wall space even more obvious. They definitely could have put a full size sofa there. The other  night stand on the opposite side of the bed is also too far away. There's a lot of wasted space in the cabin. 😳

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

Is the nightstand fixed at that spot or can it be moved closer to the bed...?

I would hope that they’re not fixed. Imagine being in bed when the phone rings and having to get out of bed to answer it, or need to turn on the light to find your glasses? Not helpful at all...

Are the night stands that far apart so the king bed can be split into two twins?  I do  hope I can move them closer to the bed; need to put my eye glasses down, kindle away, have a few tissues close-by, along with little alarm clock - just like at home. Quite disappointed by the small chair. We were on the Edge in December, and opted for an inside room and were amazed with the room size and full length sofa/lounger. Lots of counter top space too, which doesn't see to be in these new CC rooms.  Well, since there's no coffee table, I'm checking my luggage for a relatively flat surface and may use a few stacked pieces as a table in front of the 'mini sofa" for our breakfast tray or afternoon beverages. 

Darcy

2 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Thanks for the photos and luggage info.  Do both bedside tables have lamps?  If so. Do they both have plugs.  I need a electrical plug for my cpap machine.  Also, can you still stick magnets on wall?

I just got off the Summit on Concierge balcony.  Facing the bed, the lamp on the left has a couple plugs and also plug ins for chargers.  The one on the right is wall mounted and no outlet, I believe.

20 minutes ago, elaineb said:

I just got off the Summit on Concierge balcony.  Facing the bed, the lamp on the left has a couple plugs and also plug ins for chargers.  The one on the right is wall mounted and no outlet, I believe.

I saw some photos of a Concierge cabin, and we have one booked for August.

Can you tell me if the inside coffee table is now gone, and the outside table is a small low table?

This would be disappointing for us, as we like to eat breakfast on our balcony, and a low table would be difficult.

Also, were there footstools?

Thanks

Edited by bookitdanno

5 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

I saw some photos of a Concierge cabin, and we have one booked for August.

Can you tell me if the inside coffee table is now gone, and the outside table is a small low table?

This would be disappointing for us, as we like to eat breakfast on our balcony, and a low table would be difficult.

Also, were there footstools?

Thanks

No coffee table and a small couch.  No footstools on balcony.  Just one low round wooden table.  Others have posted pictures of an inflatable footstools they bought on Amazon.

2 minutes ago, elaineb said:

No coffee table and a small couch.  No footstools on balcony.  Just one low round wooden table.  Others have posted pictures of an inflatable footstools they bought on Amazon.

Thank you for the prompt reply, disappointing though it may be.

On 3/29/2019 at 7:29 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We are dedicated wine drinkers, along with water.  Since we began sailing in Royal Suites we've always requested 2 bottles of French Champagne in lieu of the liquors, and a bottle of wine in lieu of beer which has been replenished if asked.  Don't even drink many soft drinks unless it is extremely hot and we need a caffeine fix, otherwise we go for water.  Hoping we will still get our preferred beverages on our next 3 cruises.

Hi there, sorry but forgive my ignorance but in Concierge class rooms you are still paying for liquor in the minibar correct? Even with the drink package?

4 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Hi there, sorry but forgive my ignorance but in Concierge class rooms you are still paying for liquor in the minibar correct? Even with the drink package?

And sodas as well.  Anything in there is chargeable even with a drink package.