Embarkation MDR Lunch

trbarton

1 minute ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

This was our 1/19/19,  Ruby princess embarkation lunch menu along with a photo of what I ordered.  It was really good so I will be a wee bit disappointed if I cannot order the same thing on my cruise a few weeks from now. 

5B07FA8B-B164-428C-AC16-5A4CA2FC914D.jpeg

97678451-3E63-48BA-B44D-56FAC85585C7.jpeg

5DF400F9-20AD-42E6-ACE4-244A2FF98471.jpeg

That would be the standard limited ED lunch menu. Boy is that salmon good! 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

That would be the standard limited ED lunch menu. Boy is that salmon good! 

Yes, I love this menu with the beef, chicken and souffle!  I see none of these things on the "new" menu.  Will be disappointed if we get the new menu, but will make due.

Pooh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

This was our 1/19/19,  Ruby princess embarkation lunch menu along with a photo of what I ordered.  It was really good so I will be a wee bit disappointed if I cannot order the same thing on my cruise a few weeks from now. 

5B07FA8B-B164-428C-AC16-5A4CA2FC914D.jpeg

97678451-3E63-48BA-B44D-56FAC85585C7.jpeg

5DF400F9-20AD-42E6-ACE4-244A2FF98471.jpeg

My favorite lunch menu! So sad.

• Like 2

I'll miss the bay shrimp starter and the chickpea soup. 

I noticed on my Grand cruise in December, the dining room was quite crowded at lunch.  I was thinking possibly it draws more people now that we can't get to our cabins to drop carry-ons, so logistically, it's easier to go to the dining room than drag a bag through the crowded buffet.  I know that's why I went to the DR instead of upstairs.  Maybe if the crowds are increasing for lunch, they decided to go to with, as CaribbeanIsland noted above, a less expensive menu. 

10 minutes ago, rdsqrl said:

I noticed on my Grand cruise in December, the dining room was quite crowded at lunch.  I was thinking possibly it draws more people now that we can't get to our cabins to drop carry-ons, so logistically, it's easier to go to the dining room than drag a bag through the crowded buffet.  I know that's why I went to the DR instead of upstairs.  Maybe if the crowds are increasing for lunch, they decided to go to with, as CaribbeanIsland noted above, a less expensive menu. 

I had the chickpea soup for the first time on my January Ruby cruise and it was tasty!

17 minutes ago, rdsqrl said:

Good point.

I always order the Avocado & Bay Shrimp & Salmon for lunch, it's been a tradition for me for years. While I would welcome something new, I have to admit, I'd be sad if the old menu is gone.

I'll report back after I board the Emerald on 2/24 for my Hawaii cruise as to what menu they had.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 8:14 PM, trbarton said:

I saw this menu posted for the Crown Princess as a new Embarkation MDR Lunch. Has anyone seen this menu on their cruise?

Tom🤔

I'm disappointed. We have developed the habit of going to the MDR for lunch on embarkation day, and enjoying the tenderloin. It's wonderful! We did that on five cruises this year on four ships, last on the Regal in December.

14 hours ago, geoherb said:

I'd prefer the more limited menu with the wonderful ravioli, salmon or tenderloin, and soufflé. 

6 hours ago, Ferd Berfle said:

No Orange Souffle is bad bad bad!  :classic_sad:

The souffle was the one thing I really missed on the embarkation day lunch on the Crown in December.  Souffle was on the dessert menu at dinner in the MDR that evening.

• 3 weeks later...