Live from Oasis - February 17, 2019. 199 things I look forward to on a cruise.

John&LaLa

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Glass shards in chocolate chip cookies today. 🤔

They pitched the ones in SL, not sure how far it goes from there. 

These are the last two Laura removed from mouth, 5 before that, all similar size. 

It started our as my cookie, Laura ate last bite.

20190222_142704.jpg

OMG! How scary! Please tell me you told someone so they can find the source & make sure no one else got the "secret ingredient" Usually they use very little glass, if any, in industrial kitchens for this exact reason.

29 minutes ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

OMG! How scary! Please tell me you told someone so they can find the source & make sure no one else got the "secret ingredient" Usually they use very little glass, if any, in industrial kitchens for this exact reason.

Correct, but like I said, not sure where it goes from there

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Oatmeal Raisin 😉

Bucky said that is too healthy.  For him the ultimate cookie party is to take two coconut ranger cookies, place in bowl, liberally top with ice cream.  No calories in that dish!  😮   Oh...he just quipped at me..."you forgot the chocolate icing".  😄 

Edited by island lady

On 2/21/2019 at 2:04 PM, John&LaLa said:

16 pound holy terror. 🐾🐾

DSC_0157.thumb.JPG.247a51b01163191396998f7d31b26da1.JPG

Off topic, but we have a Bella as a grand-dog named Lola, and you know the song, whatever Lola wants Lola gets. She has been known to wear a UGA t-shirt many times as well. Wonderful dogs.

• Like 2

#74 Top Tier party in the Aqua Theater.

Unfortunately,  due to the maintenance issue, something about cloudy water, it was held yesterday in Studio B.  Began at 4:45, so not very well attended. 

Here are the top tier numbers

Diamond 353

Diamond plus 151

Pinnacle 29

Top 3 cruisers

Drinks thrown out - 600+

Second CD sighting 

20190221_164945.jpg

20190221_165914.jpg

20190221_170228.jpg

20190221_171326.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

I think Robert Kraft was in Cozumel last week.

Just Snorted Bailey's 

Theater hack, order drinks in a wine glass. They fit the cup holder better

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 2

I am enjoying reading this, we are at Homewood Suites and have a great view of the ships in port.  Can’t wait to look out our window Sunday morning as then it will be our turn to board Oasis!  Yay!  🍷🍺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Bucky said that is too healthy.  For him the ultimate cookie party is to take two coconut ranger cookies, place in bowl, liberally top with ice cream.  No calories in that dish!  😮   Oh...he just quipped at me..."you forgot the chocolate icing".  😄 

Yum, yummy! 

Glass in the cookies is crazy.  They really need to comp your cruise.  That could have been a serious medical emergency.  

I must say, looking at your food pics and the CK dinner menu I don't miss any of it.  We enjoy Oasis class and so do our kids but damn is the food lousy overall.  And sorry food is not subjective when it is mediocre - that just means that standards are low.  

20 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Glass in the cookies is crazy.  They really need to comp your cruise.  That could have been a serious medical emergency.  

I must say, looking at your food pics and the CK dinner menu I don't miss any of it.  We enjoy Oasis class and so do our kids but damn is the food lousy overall.  And sorry food is not subjective when it is mediocre - that just means that standards are low.  

I've enjoyed most of it. No worries

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Saw your cabin. Luckily you are on the non pump side of the pool. 😁

BTW, the cabins ending in 29 on decks 10 - 14 have dbl width balconies.  They are next to living wall and above Trellis Bar. The downside is they are next to a room service closet. 

We spent two weeks in 12629 and did not notice to much noise. Mainly in the day.

14593, nothing on the left

20190222_112621.jpg

Pump Room Door on far side

20190222_112608.jpg

14629 and Closet

20190222_111312.jpg

229 stack

IMAG7174.jpg

Lounger is not std

IMAG7213.jpg

Std layout

IMAG7176.jpg

Service closet next to 12629

IMAG7170.jpg

John... WOW that was a lot more than I was hoping for, and I thank you so much for taking the time to do it.

It seems as though the cabin should be pretty quiet, so I will likely stick with it. I am solo on the sailing, so the extra balcony space is not needed, although the lounger would be a nice place to read. 

Again.. Thank you! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Glass shards in chocolate chip cookies today. 🤔

They pitched the ones in SL, not sure how far it goes from there. 

These are the last two Laura removed from mouth, 5 before that, all similar size. 

It started our as my cookie, Laura ate last bite.

20190222_142704.jpg

Get a FCC! 👍 💵

Or maybe they need to reduce the number of NSPP's? 🤔

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

#74 Top Tier party in the Aqua Theater.

Unfortunately,  due to the maintenance issue, something about cloudy water, it was held yesterday in Studio B.  Began at 4:45, so not very well attended. 

Here are the top tier numbers

Diamond 353

Diamond plus 151

Pinnacle 29

Top 3 cruisers

Drinks thrown out - 600+

Second CD sighting 

20190221_164945.jpg

20190221_165914.jpg

20190221_170228.jpg

20190221_171326.jpg

That's a lot of perfectly good alcoholic drinks to be wasted!  They should offer it to us peons who don't get to go to events with free drinks😊

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It has to go beyond this one batch

Yeah.  The 3 rounds of lobster last March on Oasis that we had were quite tasty actually. :classic_smile:

Seems some folks never showed up in the dining room that night, and others ordered something else...which was just fine for us. :classic_biggrin:

Everyone we had with us loved the oatmeal & raisin cookies.

The biggest surprise was Sorrentos pizza. Previously, we tried it and found it to be like the kind you buy in a box in the grocery store freezer - tasted like cardboard with paper mache.  This time around...virtually everyone was going back for seconds (or maybe even thirds). We tried Sorrentos again in December on Ovation, and again found it to be great.  Seems Royal has gotten things right now for that venue. 👍

Looks like you're enjoying your cruise John...except for the added chocolate chip cookie ingredients... :classic_sad:

Cats is only worth seeing after the intermission in our opinion...the second part...there's a reason why seating is good then...plenty of folks leave after the first half.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1