Decision on ship

bgmbk

I am wanting to book a Carnival Cruise for March.  I am struggling to decide which ship.  I want a newer ship but not one that is going to be overcrowded with long lines.  We are deciding between Conquest, Magic, Breeze, and Vista.  Any suggestions?  I realize Conquest is an older ship but like the itinerary of that one.  Would like a ship with night time entertainment such as comedy.  

We just tried the Breeze and loved the ship. It’s probably one of our favorites. Our all time favorite is Oasis of the Seas, for reference.  It’s big enough to have lots of space and options of things to do and eat and it’s a pretty,  modern feel ship. We liked it so much we booked 3 cabins for next Christmas for our whole family t celebrate the holiday and our 25th anniversary. I definitely recommend the ship.

6 hours ago, mvaughn11 said:

My advice would be to make your selection based on itinerary. Unless their is one particular ship you just have to go on... 

Could not agree more.  For what it's worth, big fan of the cove balcony's on the Breeze and Magic. Have been on both and love it. 

I’ve been on the Conquest, Magic and the Horizon (same class as Vista). Yes, as you go up in class the ship does have more amenities. So if you choose your cruises based on the ship, I would go with the Vista. But personally, I book for itineraries because I cruise to go places. My husband and I are doing our second B2B on the Conquest a week from today. I love the ship.

Also, if you really like comedy shows, you’ll enjoy them more on the Conquest or the Magic/Breeze, I think. The comedy venue on the Horizon sucked because it was way too small. I’m guessing the Vista’s is the same. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bgmbk said:

I am wanting to book a Carnival Cruise for March.  I am struggling to decide which ship.  I want a newer ship but not one that is going to be overcrowded with long lines.  We are deciding between Conquest, Magic, Breeze, and Vista.  Any suggestions?  I realize Conquest is an older ship but like the itinerary of that one.  Would like a ship with night time entertainment such as comedy.  

I'll throw this out for you to consider.  The Conquest passenger capacity is 2980, Magic is 3690, Breeze is 3690, Vista is 3934 and Horizon is 3960.  That means that depending on the ship, there could be anywhere from 710 to 980 more passengers on the Magic, Breeze,  Vista and Horizon than on the Conquest.  

The Conquest is indeed an older ship but she's still in great shape.  We sailed on her when she was new and again in 2017 and she didn't show any wear and tear that we could see.  Granted, she doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that the newer ships have but she's still a great ship.  Seeing how you don't like overcrowding and long lines, I'd choose the Conquest if I were you  just based on passenger capacity alone.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bgmbk said:

I realize Conquest is an older ship but like the itinerary of that one.  Would like a ship with night time entertainment such as comedy.

1 hour ago, RWolver672 said:

The Conquest is indeed an older ship but she's still in great shape.  We sailed on her when she was new and again in 2017 and she didn't show any wear and tear that we could see.  Granted, she doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that the newer ships have but she's still a great ship.  Seeing how you don't like overcrowding and long lines, I'd choose the Conquest if I were you  just based on passenger capacity alone. 

I agree with @RWolver672 on this, and since you like the itinerary, I would go with the Conquest as well.

We don't use the extra bells and whistles on the newer giant ships.

We also have no desire to be on board with an extra thousand people.

We enjoyed our cruise on the Conquest very much!

I also pick cruises for the ports more than the ships but if the ship is gigantic then it's a no go for us!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bgmbk said:

Personally, I'd go with the Breeze.  I love the spa area and I believe the Breeze has the T-pool.  We're going on the Vista in April so we'll see if I like that.  It seems like a huge ship and I'm more of a fan of smaller ships.  

2 hours ago, bgmbk said:

Thanks for the feedback!  For those of you that have been on the Breeze, are the food lines long and does it seem overly crowded?  

It didn’t for me but I went the first week of March last year. It was the week before spring break really kicked in. I know Waco was on spring break but pretty much the rest of Texas was the next week.