Coco Cay??

Bratbrey

On 2/23/2019 at 8:12 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Everything that you knew from 4 years ago will still be included.  Food, beaches and loungers.  They have just ARE ADDING stuff that you can choose to pay extra for.  

So far, not done.

On 2/19/2019 at 4:14 PM, Host Clarea said:

I thought I read this before ... oh yeah, Ken's post  # 2.

Hmmmm...maybe read the existing posts before you comment?  Now there's  an interesting concept!  ;-)

Hi all - in an effort to recap in no particular order- sort of an FAQ

1. The pier is not scheduled  to  be completed until May.   

2. Hoping it will be done sooner to accommodate "your cruise" is not likely. 

3. Some cruises have been diverted from Coco Cay so RCCL  can add a passenger bridge from the pier over the  lagoon   so passengers can get  to   the activities/beaches/food areas.   Yes that stinks.  Freeport is not the best port stop!

4. All the attractions will NOT  be complete when the pier opens.

5. No one knows  for sure when the attractions/new cabanas/new food areas, etc  will be ready.  Some will be ready before others.  I believe  some of the  completion  dates for various attractions are through December 2019.

6. If you paid for an attraction/cabana/etc and it is not ready by your sail date, yes  you will l receive a refund.

7. If by some  chance you are sailing an Oasis class ship that is scheduled to make a stop at  Coco Cay in May (one of the first times an Oasis class ships will stop at  Coco Cay) , keep your fingers crossed.  The ship will not be able to stop  there  unless the pier and passenger bridge are complete. 

8. It is my understanding that there is no suite area, like there is at Labadee.

9. Feel free to add any info that will help others.

I hope this helps

M

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

1. The pier is not scheduled  to  be completed until May. 

Have you seen this from any official RC source?  I've seen lots of people there recently say they don't think it will be done, but official word from RC is still pier open in March and first round of other stuff (Oasis pool, water park, zipline, and hot air balloon) open in May.

14 hours ago, j1d1 said:

Have you seen this from any official RC source?  I've seen lots of people there recently say they don't think it will be done, but official word from RC is still pier open in March and first round of other stuff (Oasis pool, water park, zipline, and hot air balloon) open in May.

If you didn't notice, it is March now. 

And they are cancelling March port calls there, so it does not meed they think it will be done.

7 minutes ago, SRF said:

What to make a bet on May completion??????

😄

No way.

Of course, Royal can always redefine what they mean by completion, sort of like when they redefined VOOM to be whatever each ship had at the moment.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SRF said:

If you didn't notice, it is March now. 

And they are cancelling March port calls there, so it does not meed they think it will be done.

It can be open by March 31st and still be done in March. It certainly seems unlikely that it will be open, but until official word from RC or April 1st, everything is conjecture. 

• Like 2

On 3/4/2019 at 10:23 AM, Host Clarea said:

No way.

Of course, Royal can always redefine what they mean by completion, sort of like when they redefined VOOM to be whatever each ship had at the moment.

Darn, and I thought I was going be able to win some bucks towards our next cruise. 😄

• Like 1