Room Attendant once a day

Bee Guy

7 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

You wouldn't enjoy a few clean towels on your cruise?

Not really.  I have never taken more than a 7 day cruise, most have been 4 or 5 days.  Maybe on a longer trip I would want fresh towels.

12 hours ago, M-H-B said:

First timer here: what is it that they do on the second visit and about what time is it? 

Turndown service, empty trash can, pick up used dishes on the counter, pick up and replace towels, cruise compass, towel animals. On day one of every cruise I advise the stateroom attendant, that there is no need for towel animals for me/us.

44 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

So at least $160 in tips a day.... not bad! 👍

I'm sure they wish they got that amount.  The tips for the housekeeping staff go into a pool and it is divided into who knows how many people that make up that team?  I'm guessing some to the head housekeeper and then to whomever the cruise line feels is part of the housekeeping team.  It could be to those who clean other areas of the ship as they are part of the housekeeper team I would think.

I pay my tips and feel once it's paid, it's up to the cruise line to do with it as they see fit, although, I do like to know who is included, which seems to be a big secret on Royal Caribbean.  

4 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I pay my tips and feel once it's paid, it's up to the cruise line to do with it as they see fit, although, I do like to know who is included, which seems to be a big secret on Royal Caribbean.  

They can do as they wish with other revenue,  but I would prefer to have control over where my tips go. 

4 hours ago, BillHana said:

How often do they change the sheets? Do they stagger the changing day so as not to do all cabins on the same day? It appears they change towels sometimes even if they are hung neatly and not on the floor.

IIRC, they only change the sheets on turnaround day, unless specifically requested otherwise. 

4 hours ago, BillHana said:

How often do they change the sheets? Do they stagger the changing day so as not to do all cabins on the same day? It appears they change towels sometimes even if they are hung neatly and not on the floor.

Changed every 3rd day on a seven day cruise. 

16 hours ago, M-H-B said:

Is it always the same person all week?

Usually but not always. We were on a 7 night cruise and had one cabin host for the first 3 nights. Not sure what happened but he disappeared and we then had a different cabin host for the remainder of the cruise. 

When I started cruising they'd come in cabin 7-8 times a day, in every time you left the room. Back then only had 8 cabins each and no set morning/evening hrs. Though they had more to do back then. Would change sheets every day, towels all the time, Fruit Bowl. Plus as most beds were daybeds they'd have to split them up in am they make back into double in evenings with clean sheets. Then turn down service and a mint on the pillow.. But to OP I sail Solo, get up at 530am, exercise, shower, breakfast and back in Cabin by 10. So they usually do mine only in Evening...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Alternativ fact ! 👎🙄

They do not even change on a 14 night cruise unless requested! 😱

You are so wrong about so many things. I think you take pleasure in being confrontational, and stirring the pot.  Always changed once on a 7-day Cruise; more on 10-14 days.

Before you respond, rudely, as you usually do, I have told you before I am not your grannie (and wouldn’t want to be).  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

You are so wrong about so many things. I think you take pleasure in being confrontational, and stirring the pot.  Always changed once on a 7-day Cruise; more on 10-14 days.

Before you respond, rudely, as you usually do, I have told you before I am not your grannie (and wouldn’t want to be).  

Not what our group experiences on longer cruises....

Officially they state they only change when you have stains on the sheets... 🙄

So that is the most likely the reason you get new sheets so often! 👍

There you go we are both right! 😀

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik