Laundry

Babyfin

I know, I know! Who wants to do laundry on vacation! We are going from the Conquest on 2/8/20 - 2/15/20 in Miami to the Magic on 2/15/20 - 2/23/20 in Fort Lauderdale. We want to wash all our clothes before the 2nd cruise. How does this work? I know there is laundry facilities but have never seen them. Do you take cash? I would assume its all done on the S&S card. Do they sell laundry soap etc? What is the cost to use the machines and buy the soap? I have travel size packets of wool lite liquid soap could that be used in their machines? We will be going from an interior on 1st to a Suite on 2nd. I read some where that a Suite you get 1 bag of laundry per person? If that is so should we wait to get them all done then? Thanks.

I would do my laundry before the second cruise so you don't have to take as many clothes. Then, you can take advantage of the free laundry to get it done again just before you go home. The machines are run using your Sign and Sail card.

Conquest Laundry:

Riviera Deck 1 - midship - across from cabin 1357 & 1359

Main Deck 2 - midship - across from cabin 2365 & 2367

Upper Deck 6 - midship - across from cabin 6385 & 6387

Empress Deck 7 - midship - across from cabin 7337 & 7339

Verandah Deck 8 - midship - across from cabin 8349 & 8351

Lido Deck 9 - midship - across from cabin 9268 & 9270

Karen

PS: I packed laundry pods and dryer sheets in my bags. Can be expensive on the ship.

• Like 1

There is also the $15/bag special, (or is it $20?).  Ask your steward.  If its basic stuff that doesn't need special attention, i.e. it can take a hot water wash and a hot dryer, you fill a bag for the morning and get it back that evening, washed and folded.  I do this every cruise.  A surprisingly large amount can be placed in the bag.  

• Like 1

Laundry pods and dryer sheets as someone else said.....I wouldn't even think of buying detergent on the ship. I'm sure you could use your Woolite packets. I don't see how it would hurt anything.

I have heard of the on ship laundry referred to as "Carnival's Bake and Boil"......but i have no first hand knowledge of this.

Another option (which might be too much trouble, but my cousin did it once on a B2B) would be get off the ship at debarkation and go to a local laundromat. I know.....not the *best* or kost desireable option, but an option nonetheless.

Enjoy your cruise!!

You use your card to get tokens for the washer and dryer ($3 each I think).  You may wish to purchase the tokens early in the cruise as I have heard that the machines get sold out and not refilled.  Pay attention to the time it takes for the machines to work and be there before they finish.  Otherwise people might take your clothes out of the machines and whatever.  Do not wait until the last sea day to do laundry; everyone else does theirs that day.  Good times are very early and at mealtimes.

I also prefer pods and dryer sheets.  Before I go home, I leave any extra in the laundry room for anyone else who might need them.  I put them together in a plastic sandwich baggie.

Be very careful what you send "out" to be laundered.  It may shrink or fade.  I prefer to do my own.

That is one of the reasons (strange) that I prefer Carnival and Princess ships in that they have self laundry rooms.

Use your S&S card. $1.50/soap. $3 wash. $3 dry. If card is on a lanyard you may need to take it off. If you swipe and it beeps at you funny try leaving the card in.

i usually grab one of the little boxes of tide at a local laundry place for 75 cents and keep it in my suitcase. Same thing they sell on the ship. Only a 75 cent savings but I have had the machine double charge me before so I don’t have to worry about any issues with the machine this way.  I also bring dryer sheets.

Edited by Saint Greg

We have used the Purex sheets that have detergent in them.  They supposedly have fabric softener in them as well, but we still use dryer sheets with them.  We like them because they are flat like dryer sheets so they don't take up any room in the luggage and no worries about liquid leaking.  However, I don't know if they still make them.  If you take pods, be careful not to pack them in a way they can burst.  I think you can also buy single load packets of liquid.  While they sell detergent in the laundry room, if you can bring your own, it will save you a little money.  Everything uses your S&S card.  

As far as the laundry service, I've sent swimwear, under garments, shorts, tshirts.  Had some panty lace fade, but no other casualties from the hot wash & dry.  You want to be careful what you send out.

32 minutes ago, georgiacat said:

You use your card to get tokens for the washer and dryer ($3 each I think).  You may wish to purchase the tokens early in the cruise as I have heard that the machines get sold out and not refilled.  Pay attention to the time it takes for the machines to work and be there before they finish.  Otherwise people might take your clothes out of the machines and whatever.  Do not wait until the last sea day to do laundry; everyone else does theirs that day.  Good times are very early and at mealtimes.

I also prefer pods and dryer sheets.  Before I go home, I leave any extra in the laundry room for anyone else who might need them.  I put them together in a plastic sandwich baggie.

Be very careful what you send "out" to be laundered.  It may shrink or fade.  I prefer to do my own.

That is one of the reasons (strange) that I prefer Carnival and Princess ships in that they have self laundry rooms.

The laundry machines use your sail & sign cards, no coins. I believe the Fascination is the only ship that still takes coins but there may be a few other older ships out there. 

6 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

The laundry machines use your sail & sign cards, no coins. I believe the Fascination is the only ship that still takes coins but there may be a few other older ships out there. 

Elation took coins three years ago. But that was before the big dry dock.

1 hour ago, naxer said:

There is also the $15/bag special, (or is it $20?).  Ask your steward.  If its basic stuff that doesn't need special attention, i.e. it can take a hot water wash and a hot dryer, you fill a bag for the morning and get it back that evening, washed and folded.  I do this every cruise.  A surprisingly large amount can be placed in the bag.  

I used the bag special too. Be sure to read about it in my review below for the Key West/Cozumel trip. I felt the info out here didn't fully inform me. YOU MUST FILL OUT A FORM to submit with your bag! I did our underwear, tshirts and socks and it was wonderful. I highly recommend it. I've also done my own laundry when I ran out of underwear for our Southern Caribbean cruise (Funny story detailed in my review below too.) The bad part about that is it takes away precious time from your cruise so I'm all for having someone else do it. 🙂 

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

Correct, on the Conquest currently and the machines work via your S&S card. And there are no tokens ok ships that don’t work this way; the machines run on quarters. 

To the OP: I highly recommend bring Tide Pods and dryer sheets so that you don’t have to buy the soap and fabric softener on the ship to save money. The $3/load (for washing and for drying) adds up, so every dollar you can save helps. 

You can pack pods safely if you put them in a throwaway soft butter or cream cheese spread container (that has obviously been washed).  I put the small container in a ziplock bag, just In case.  Then throw away the container after you have used the pods.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

To reemphasize what Naxer said, all laundry done by Carnival is washed in hot water, so be careful what clothes you send  out for washing if you do this. 

To echo what PhillyFan said, be careful what you send out. Although I’ve never had any issues with the laundry service on Carnival, it has damaged some items when washed similarly on Princess. I’ve learned to disregard my laundry benefit going forward.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Arkansas cruisers said:

Does anyone know where the laundry rooms are on the Carnival Pride?

Thank you!

I found this posted in another thread, circa 2015:

Carnival Pride Self-Service Laundry

image.png.f80e01ee5ddd1351e67a282996b01e7f.png

I don't know if they are still in those locations but I suspect most, if not all of them, are.

12 hours ago, Arkansas cruisers said:

ShakyBeef, thank you so much for the information!

You're very welcome!  I can't take too much credit, though - another poster had procured the info and posted it.  I just reposted it.:classic_blush:  I hope it is still accurate and doesn't send you on a wild goose chase once onboard.  Good luck and have a great cruise on the Pride!:classic_smile:

20 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

You're very welcome!  I can't take too much credit, though - another poster had procured the info and posted it.  I just reposted it.:classic_blush:  I hope it is still accurate and doesn't send you on a wild goose chase once onboard.  Good luck and have a great cruise on the Pride!:classic_smile:

Thanks!

I just like to make sure that we don’t book a stateroom near the laundry rooms, and the Carnival  PVP was unable to give me that information.

5 minutes ago, Arkansas cruisers said:

Thanks!

I just like to make sure that we don’t book a stateroom near the laundry rooms, and the Carnival  PVP was unable to give me that information.

AHHH, good thinking!  Smart.

We put a few laundry pods in a small plastic container to keep them from getting crushed. And then some dryer sheets. Don't wait until the end of the cruise to do your own laundry, especially the last day. That's when everyone does theirs and it's very hard to find open machines. Even if you go to different decks. Not to mention the sheer amount of clothes people will stuff into the machines or the sand from beaches...those things wreak havoc on machines. A few years ago aboard the Conquest, we waited until the last day and after having gone to three different decks, half were taken and the other half were out of order. If you pay for a machine that ends up not working, call Guest Services. They'll refund your S&S.

As someone mentioned, keep an eye on your loads and get a feel for how long they take. I've had someone move my load from the wash to an open dryer because they wanted my washer, which wasn't so bad, but ideally I'd rather not have others handle my clothes. I've also had someone take my load out of the dryer when one cycle wasn't enough and some things were still damp. I tried to get there in time, but my timing was a little off.

It's always a good idea to sit with your clothes in a public laundry facility.

If you walk away, you never know what is going to happen and you may not make it back in time for one reason or another. Which leads to others moving your clothes, as has been said.

But just to play devil's advocate, it's a tad inconsiderate to leave your things in the machines when others need to use them as well. Staying with your things is not just good sense, it is also good manners.

6 hours ago, emoorehead said:

It's always a good idea to sit with your clothes in a public laundry facility.

If you walk away, you never know what is going to happen and you may not make it back in time for one reason or another. Which leads to others moving your clothes, as has been said.

But just to play devil's advocate, it's a tad inconsiderate to leave your things in the machines when others need to use them as well. Staying with your things is not just good sense, it is also good manners.

The laundry rooms are very small and don't have seating (unless the newer ships do, I don't know). It gets awfully crowded in there. I understand what you're saying about being courteous, but there's no way I'd stand and wait in there. We'll sit in our room and check periodically. When I said I timed it wrong and someone had moved my load, it's not like I was out having fun and gone a long time. The person who moved it into a dryer was actually still in there and said they had just moved it. And the time someone had taken my load out of a dryer (when some of my things were still damp), the rest of my clothes were still warm, so I know it wasn't done long. But I do my best to catch it before it's done. I've checked back looking for empty machines and have seen loads done for 15-20 minutes or more with no one showing up. I definitely don't appreciate that, but I don't expect anyone to wait in the laundry room. Just don't go goof around for long periods of time.

Edited by Organized Chaos