Explore 4 is Back

Yup, poked around N Europe sailings and all the ones I saw had it. Good catch!! Checked 2020 Caribbeans and those are still "Our Best Fare" pricing so I will have to wait and see. My PCC just the other day said not until July for Explore4 but who knows. 

11 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

How does one find out which cruises have Explore 4?

I'm gonna guess it applies to May 2020 through April 2021 sailings (I have not seen a list of dates or an official promo backup), which would date range wise be consistent with years past.  It's not being advertised on the HAL webpage yet, but rather shows up (at least in the agent system) when booking as an "early booking bonus" offer - fare code NX3.  It does not combine with saver fares, but appears to combine with agency open promo group pricing

If I try to book a 2021 cruise, I can see that the fare code is showing as NX3 but nothing is said about Explore4 or what is included.  Do I have to go all the way through the booking process to see the benefits?

All,

I saw this post early this morning and checked the HAL website to see if my currently booked September 2020 cruise was included.  The website shows a tag with Explore 4 above the specific cruise.  I checked on the website of my TA (Big Box) and it was not listed.  I called the TA and the associate called HAL to confirm.  When the associate came back on the line she stated that it's not Explore 4, but NX3 (early booking promo) which has the same benefits as Explore 4 (SBP and Pinnacle dinner).  And that to add the promotion NX3 to my reservation would not increase the price or decrease the current TA and HAL OBC that I have on the existing reservation.  The associate said that I would see a reference to NX3 in the new confirmation that she was to send me.  I received the confirmation and it doesn't reference NX3.  It still includes a benefit from February that provided a coupon book.  I'll spend my lunch today calling the TA again to confirm.  

BaltimoreCruise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I like vacation said:

I re booked a cruise for August 2020 on Cyber Monday last year and received the free shipboard gratuity offer.  The same cruise is now part of the Explore 4 promo.  Do you think HAL would combine both offers or is that asking for too much?  TIA.

I don’t think you’ll get both.  Of course it never hurts to ask.  You’ll need to decide which is worth more to you.

4 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I don’t think you’ll get both.  Of course it never hurts to ask.  You’ll need to decide which is worth more to you.

I've been trying to decide the pro's and con's of re booking again, if necessary.  I didn't realize that the SBP for the 19 day cruise next year costs $982.11 pp.  The value of the included shipboard gratuity from the Cyber Promo is  $551.  On the surface it looks like a no brainer to switch to the Explore 4 except for that we aren't big drinkers ($1964.22 vs $551).  I don't drink any coffee and have stopped drinking soda.  Also disappointed to see that the wine selection in the MDR, that is included as part of the SBP, is very limited.  Still, a couple of beers and cocktails should get me past the break even point. 

Thank you to the thread starter for the heads up.

I looked at my sailing on the HAL site and saw the Explore4 tag on it.

Just sent an email to my travel agent, asking if it can be added and hopefully she will come back with a positive response.

23 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Just an FYI.  On some sailings the Explore 4 promotion is now available.  My PCC brought it to my attention as our NS Norway 2020 sailing has the offer.  We got extra OBC, drink package and a PG dinner with no change in price.

Thank you. I just had this applied to our 24 day NA sailing on September 7, 2020. 

1 hour ago, I like vacation said:

I've been trying to decide the pro's and con's of re booking again, if necessary.  I didn't realize that the SBP for the 19 day cruise next year costs $982.11 pp.  The value of the included shipboard gratuity from the Cyber Promo is  $551.  On the surface it looks like a no brainer to switch to the Explore 4 except for that we aren't big drinkers ($1964.22 vs $551).  I don't drink any coffee and have stopped drinking soda.  Also disappointed to see that the wine selection in the MDR, that is included as part of the SBP, is very limited.  Still, a couple of beers and cocktails should get me past the break even point. 

The math can be a head scratcher at times.  When I look at a regular 7 day cruise I might spend about 100 a week on drinks.  If port intensive then less. For me I’d prefer the gratuity to be included instead of drinks.  I certainly would never buy the drink package.

4 hours ago, I like vacation said:

I re booked a cruise for August 2020 on Cyber Monday last year and received the free shipboard gratuity offer.  The same cruise is now part of the Explore 4 promo.  Do you think HAL would combine both offers or is that asking for too much?  TIA.

I was wondering the same thing.  I have a hunch the answer is "no."  Please post your reply if you do pursue the Explore 4 promo.

10 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I was checking out some potential cruises.  The Explore 4 banner has been replaced with a Private Fare.  The new label doesn’t provide any details.

I saw that on some 2020 Canada NE cruises and wondered as there is nothing indicating the terms and details of what exactly is a "Private Fare" in this case. Puzzling. 

6 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

I saw that on some 2020 Canada NE cruises and wondered as there is nothing indicating the terms and details of what exactly is a "Private Fare" in this case. Puzzling. 

My understanding is that it includes the drink package and a PG dinner.  Depending on cabin category some OBC.

I was looking at a historic coast cruise in August 2020 when I caught the change.  I’m hoping to book that one.

Edited by Crazy For Cats
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

My understanding is that it includes the drink package and a PG dinner.  Depending on cabin category some OBC.

I was looking at a historic coast cruise in August 2020 when I caught the change.  I’m hoping to book that one.

A side note, we did the Historic Coast cruise a few years back and loved it! It was a favorite.