Any Women On Board an S Class Ship Currently?

helen haywood

This may sound strange, but I need a picture or a description of the hook on the door or wall in the Ladies Rooms stalls on an S Class ship that you hang your purse on.  I’m trying to see how large a handle I need on an evening bag.  I had to replace the bag I had been using as it was a clutch with no handle...so no where to put it in the WC except on the floor.  Now I just want to make sure I don’t have a hanging apparatus that is too small.

I don’t know who you are traveling with but when my wife uses the restroom and has something she is carrying I become the “hook” and usually have company doing the same.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Have recently sailed on Symphony and on Reflection. Trying hard to recall, but I believe it depends on the stall in whatever bathroom. Not positive all the bathrooms are the same. I seem to recall that the stalls in the restroom outside of the Ocean View Buffet have a hook on the door. I am not sure about other bathrooms on the ship. I will say Celebrity ships are pretty good about having necessities like hooks in ladies' bathroom stalls.

Thanks for the replies.  My husband is helpful, but I need the bag with me to touch up my makeup.  The bag I’m planning on taking has circular rings on the side and I’m hoping one of them will be large enough to hang it up by.  Thus the request for a picture or a dimension.  I can’t even remember if the “hook” is a round protuberance (like on the bathroom door in the cabins) or a curved hook...let alone how large/thick the hook is.

32 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

OK, thanks ladies.  If I can’t get a picture I’ll go with the place it on top of the wastebasket suggestion.  Or I’ll just leave it with my husband and commit the faux pas of touching up my lipstick in public .  😜

If nothing else is available grab a few paper towels or cloth hand towels to put you purse on top of on the floor. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

49 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

OK, thanks ladies.  If I can’t get a picture I’ll go with the place it on top of the wastebasket suggestion.  Or I’ll just leave it with my husband and commit the faux pas of touching up my lipstick in public .  😜

From Emily Post: " . . . putting on lipstick without using a mirror and without fanfare is one grooming ritual that can sometimes be performed in front of others. It’s okay to quickly apply lipstick at the table if you’re with close friends or relatives in a non-business situation, and at a non-deluxe restaurant. Skip anything that involves the use of wands, pencils, or lipstick brushes, though."

😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We’re on Solstice right now.  This is from the Ladies’ Room by The Sky Lounge.  The hook is about as thick as my thumb and half again as long.  Hope this helps!

A2C877C3-A582-4163-9241-68EA20587E74.jpeg

Edited by lisiamc

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

From Emily Post: " . . . putting on lipstick without using a mirror and without fanfare is one grooming ritual that can sometimes be performed in front of others. It’s okay to quickly apply lipstick at the table if you’re with close friends or relatives in a non-business situation, and at a non-deluxe restaurant. Skip anything that involves the use of wands, pencils, or lipstick brushes, though."

😉

Impressed by the Emily Post reference. I actually have an Etiquette publication from Emily Post gifted to me m-a-n-y years ago by my mother (RIP). I'm one of those that still writes (as in stationery) thank you notes and am totally awed by your reference, even if meant in jest.

Etiquette is a lost concept in today's world, unfortunately.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DogLover said:

Impressed by the Emily Post reference. I actually have an Etiquette publication from Emily Post gifted to me m-a-n-y years ago by my mother (RIP). I'm one of those that still writes (as in stationery) thank you notes and am totally awed by your reference, even if meant in jest.

Etiquette is a lost concept in today's world, unfortunately.

I agree with your last sentence, and I didn't mean the reference in jest. 👼

I have quite a few books by Miss Manners (back when she wrote her own stuff; she's turned the column over to her kids, who don't have her wit) and a couple by Emily Post. And more stationery than I'll ever use, but I also enjoy writing thank you notes. Just wrote two last Sunday, actually.

• Like 1

I love this thread.  It would never occur to me that ladies might need to ask about the hook on S-Class ship's so they could buy a purse that would accommodate.  But then I don't buy purses and I don't use lip stick. :classic_biggrin: 

5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

This may sound strange, but I need a picture or a description of the hook on the door or wall in the Ladies Rooms stalls on an S Class ship that you hang your purse on.  I’m trying to see how large a handle I need on an evening bag.  I had to replace the bag I had been using as it was a clutch with no handle...so no where to put it in the WC except on the floor.  Now I just want to make sure I don’t have a hanging apparatus that is too small.

Hi Helen,  I use the toilet paper receptacle to rest my little bag on,  it easily can support a little 6 inch by 6 inch bag.   (lean it on the TP against the wall)   Hope this helps :)

When we cruise I usually bring along some magnetic hooks for the cabin. These generally hold 10 lbs or so. Slip one of these in your purse and you have your own personal hook for the metal stall doors. Then you will know for sure your bag will fit it. Just a thought. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

I always make a point in my post cruise survey of mentioning that a small shelf would be useful in the ladies toilets. I use a small clutch bag in the evenings without a strap, and would like somewhere hygienic to put it. 

I’ve never had any feedback. I guess it’s not a priority. 

Edited by willma

4 hours ago, HooKares said:

When we cruise I usually bring along some magnetic hooks for the cabin. These generally hold 10 lbs or so. Slip one of these in your purse and you have your own personal hook for the metal stall doors. Then you will know for sure your bag will fit it. Just a thought. 

Cheers! 

Just don't put your room key in there or it will be toast every time you go out :)

• Like 1

Put a thick rubber band in your bag.

Bear with me.. it does work. Thread the rubber band through the ring (or at a push the eye on the zip) and then feed the long end of the band through the short end so it forms a loop.  The loose end of the then looped band will fit over anything to hand your bag safely.  Once done, remove the band and on you go...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GastroGnome said:

Put a thick rubber band in your bag.

Bear with me.. it does work. Thread the rubber band through the ring (or at a push the eye on the zip) and then feed the long end of the band through the short end so it forms a loop.  The loose end of the then looped band will fit over anything to hand your bag safely.  Once done, remove the band and on you go...

Clever idea !

Thank you !

6 hours ago, poffles said:

Just don't put your room key in there or it will be toast every time you go out 🙂

lol 😆 didn’t think of that. Unless you have a sparkly lanyard to put your sea pass in. Better than the floor or garbage can. 

Cheers! 

23 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

I agree with your last sentence, and I didn't mean the reference in jest. 👼

I have quite a few books by Miss Manners (back when she wrote her own stuff; she's turned the column over to her kids, who don't have her wit) and a couple by Emily Post. And more stationery than I'll ever use, but I also enjoy writing thank you notes. Just wrote two last Sunday, actually.

I loved Judith Martin! I grew up and spent a good part of my adult life in the DC Metro area, so I'm very partial to "Miss Manners." Carolyn Hax did a fairly decent column, but didn't come close.

I'm actually going back for my 40th High School Reunion next month in Maryland - time honored traditions rock!

Thank you, hrhdhd, for acknowledging the best of the best 😉

• Thanks 1