Can you bring canned soda into dining room?

Californian

3 hours ago, Californian said:

We will have a mini bar setup.  Would it be ok to bring a can of soda with us to the dining room?  Or have it in a glass and bring it into the dining room?

Or even a can of soda that you've brought on board with you.

It doesn't have to have come from the setup. 

7 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

You can drink anything from the minibar anywhere onboard.

Technically, you aren't supposed to take the mini-bar items outside your cabin.

However, from a practical standpoint there would be no problem with a can of soda. If you take one of the small liquor bottles with you to drink in the MDR, they may say something. But they have no way of knowing whether you took the soda from your mini-bar or purchased it at a bar. If you want to take liquor from the mini-bar, all you have to do is pour it into a glass - then they will have no idea where you got it.

They will take the can of soda from you when you enter the MDR and pour it into a glass, with or without ice at your request.

5 hours ago, floridalover5623 said:

Or even a can of soda that you've brought on board with you.

It doesn't have to have come from the setup. 

Shhhhh.  Don't let them hear you of they might start charging a "corkage" fee for cans of soda.  Perhaps they would call it the "tab" fee.

Hank

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DH takes cans of Mtn Dew into the dining room all the time. He takes bottles of beer from the minibar to drink in the dining room.  He even takes mini bottles of liquour from the minibar to mix with juices at breakfast. We drink nothing from our minibar in our cabin except perhaps the Perrier. Our waiters are treated and tipped well, and have never said a thing other than, “Do you want a glass for that beer?” or “Do you need ice for your juice?”  

52 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Shhhhh.  Don't let them hear you of they might start charging a "corkage" fee for cans of soda.  Perhaps they would call it the "tab" fee.

Hank

Funny, but probably close to the truth!

On a recent Australian cruise open wine bottles were "walking" allover the ship ....and staff were asking if you wanted glasses, there really are no absolutes on anything when it comes to cruising.....each ship seems to have their internal policies and those can change from voyage to voyage.

Edited by land lover

2 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

However, from a practical standpoint there would be no problem with a can of soda. If you take one of the small liquor bottles with you to drink in the MDR, they may say something. But they have no way of knowing whether you took the soda from your mini-bar or purchased it at a bar. If you want to take liquor from the mini-bar, all you have to do is pour it into a glass - then they will have no idea where you got it.

They will take the can of soda from you when you enter the MDR and pour it into a glass, with or without ice at your request.

I’ve had the same experiences as PescadoAmarillo with no problems and she has many more cruises than me.  

I’ve never seen anything prohibiting drinking anything received from Princess (complimentary or paid) anywhere on the ship...could you provide a statement that technically it’s prohibited to take minibar items outside of our cabins.

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

DH takes cans of Mtn Dew into the dining room all the time. He takes bottles of beer from the minibar to drink in the dining room.  He even takes mini bottles of liquour from the minibar to mix with juices at breakfast. We drink nothing from our minibar in our cabin except perhaps the Perrier. Our waiters are treated and tipped well, and have never said a thing other than, “Do you want a glass for that beer?” or “Do you need ice for your juice?”  

Edited by Astro Flyer

10 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

Where does it say this?  It was my impression the minibar items were for me to drink when I'm "on" the ship.  I never saw somewhere that said "to be used in-room only".

11 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Where does it say this?  It was my impression the minibar items were for me to drink when I'm "on" the ship.  I never saw somewhere that said "to be used in-room only".

It doesn't.

Anyway, how can they prevent people from drinking it only in their cabins?

I believe that anything Princess gives me in my cabin is mine to do whatever I choose to do with it.  We have given beer away to people in cabins next to us if they aren't elite.  I take Sprite to the buffet, MDR wine if the wine package is offered.  Disappointed that no wine package was available on our Australian cruise.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:17 PM, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

Every time we cruise out of San Pedro we usually take a taxi to the port. Just wondering how has your experience been taking the princess transfer from the airport to the pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that anything Princess gives me in my cabin is mine to do whatever I choose to do with it.  We have given beer away to people in cabins next to us if they aren't elite.  I take Sprite to the buffet, MDR wine if the wine package is offered.  Disappointed that no wine package was available on our Australian cruise.

I have always taken a can into the Mdr from my bar set up and never have been questioned. I have never been told you can’t drink your drinks from the mini bar outside of your room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk