Silhouette 2/14/20 Disappearing?

the_dylaness

We are interested in booking  a 9 night cruise on Silhouette on Feb 14, 2020.

Party of five- myself, husband, two kids, nanny.

We sailed on Reflection with this setup in November in two connecting Concierge cabins and it was quite successful.

The TA I contacted today did not show ANY 3 berth rooms available at any level for this sailing... 11 months out.  Seems odd.

Then I realized X does not even display this cruise on their website.

What is going on? I really want this 9 night trip to the ABCs!

I'm calling about this right now.  We were on the 1/24/20 that was cancelled due to the extended drydock, and picked 2/14 as the replacement cruise.  If they cancel the 2/14, I'll be very upset!!  I'll post if I find out anything.

Check the 1/31 and 2/14 rollcalls. Lots of discussion. General consensus seems to be dry dock may be shifted to February as the 1/13 and 2/14 cruises are gone and 2/23 shows only interior cabins available. 2 of the February Reflection sailings have also been moved to interior/suites only available. As big of a disappointment as it may be to us, I'm fairly confident it will be canceled or rescheduled to some degree.  

• Like 1

I'm a little skeptical and expect something probably will be happening.  But, Celebrity just told me that it is sold out.  It is right after the drydock and a vacation week.  I told them how this is exactly what they did to me with the 1/24 sailing, first telling me it was sold out and then a few days later notifying us of the cancellation but the reps on the phone obviously don't know.  They also said that the sailing before us is not showing up because it is almost completely sold out.  I guess I'm glad I haven't booked flights yet.  I can take solice in the fact that I'm pretty sure our December cruise in 2019 on the Edge will not be cancelled.  We'll have to wait and see about 2/14/20.  Good luck to all of us.

Called X just for kicks...

They say it is sold out entirely.

I said it is for sale through multiple TAs online.

They say well, we don't have any rooms available.  They don't seem to care and seem to want to end the conversation quickly.

Then I am told "ma'am, you'd be surprised, many cruises sell out entirely in many months in advance. This is a popular itinerary to the ABCs and it is probably just fully booked."

I doubt that.

Too many oddities with these cruises going completely sold out and the Reflection cruises with very limited availability all at the same time. Looking at old threat with similar issues, it might be quite some time before Celebrity sends the final notification with offers to rebook. Unfortunately a 10 or 12 day, even if offered at the same price, eats up too much vacation time for us to consider them as an alternative. 

I hope they communicate something sooner than later.  For the 1/31 sailing flights are open and since it's Superbowl weekend people are booking flights and hotels quickly.  Many have booked one way to make sure they get a flight booked without waiting another 10 days for the return flight dates to open.

It will be interesting if they do cancel the 1/31 sailing since there are no other 14 day cruises in 2020, how could they offer something comparable.  I have a corner aft at a nice price and won't be happy if they just say 'SORRY'.

4 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Check the 1/31 and 2/14 rollcalls. Lots of discussion. General consensus seems to be dry dock may be shifted to February as the 1/13 and 2/14 cruises are gone and 2/23 shows only interior cabins available. 2 of the February Reflection sailings have also been moved to interior/suites only available. As big of a disappointment as it may be to us, I'm fairly confident it will be canceled or rescheduled to some degree.  

I don't think it's fair to say the general consensus is that they are moving the drydock to February.  Most people are just scratching there heads saying they've never seen anything like this.  In November they adjusted the drydock to 28 days, the same as the Equinox.  Hopefully we'll know more later this week.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

We are interested in booking  a 9 night cruise on Silhouette on Feb 14, 2020.

Party of five- myself, husband, two kids, nanny.

We sailed on Reflection with this setup in November in two connecting Concierge cabins and it was quite successful.

The TA I contacted today did not show ANY 3 berth rooms available at any level for this sailing... 11 months out.  Seems odd.

Then I realized X does not even display this cruise on their website.

What is going on? I really want this 9 night trip to the ABCs!

Same thing happens to Reflection Feb 10, 2020, practically is sold out with more than 11 months to go. Only a few OV and Insides available. There is a HIGH DEMAND for cruises in this dates. Why? after Super Bowl Party?

I am on Reflection Feb. 10 2020. Her extended dry dock is supposed to be in 2023. Surely they would not be :revolutionizing  2 ships at the same time. I would not be surprised if that sailing is actually selling out quickly. However, I would be concerned about Silly on Feb. 14,'20. Sounds to me as if the dry dock has been extended. 

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Same thing happens to Reflection Feb 10, 2020, practically is sold out with more than 11 months to go. Only a few OV and Insides available. There is a HIGH DEMAND for cruises in this dates. Why? after Super Bowl Party?

I think they're holding those Reflection dates to potentially shuffle Silhouette people around. Too many odd things appearing to just have that many cruises sold out at once. Just in the past week or so there were plenty of cabins on decks 6/7/8 available on the 2/14 date. 

The high cost of the Edge and Equinox cruises for next winter is partially what pushed us to a 9 day since the overall cost between the 7 and 9 day cruise was minimal. 

The Silh sailings for 1/31. 2/14 and 2/23 are under "manual" review with Celebrity.

More info on the roll call. No official word yet as to any changes.

The 1/31 is the first after dry dock.