Ultimate Abyss

ONLY FOR THE BRAVE

There’s a place where only the bold venture and only the bravest return. Step to the edge. Peer into the darkness. Listen to the call of the unknown. There's no turning back once you take the plunge. Plummet 10 stories into the mysteries of the deep on the tallest slide at sea. Are you brave enough— or will you become a permanent resident of the Ultimate Abyss?

RESTRICTIONS

44" minimum

330 lbs. maximum

17 minutes ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

Unless my math is wrong, it would only be 10 stories tall if they had a Deck 13...which they don't. I'm still looking forward to checking it out on our first Royal Caribbean cruise, LOL!

Maybe, while it goes from deck 16 to 6 minus 13, it also starts on a raised platform that in pictures looks to be 8 or 10 feet higher than deck 16.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

That's true. I'm still waiting to find out if clothing is required.

With the majority of cruise pax I’ve seen, I sure as hell hope clothing is required.😂

4 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I have read that it is suggested to wear long sleeves as some have suffered abrasion/burns on their arms from contact with the slide.

Also, try to remember to hold the mat you're sliding on with the palms of your hands up. Although this seems unnatural, it forces your elbows towards your body and away from the slide walls.

5 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I have read that it is suggested to wear long sleeves as some have suffered abrasion/burns on their arms from contact with the slide.

Totally unnecessary,  you keep your arms tight to your body holding onto the straps. Way to hot for sleeves

17 hours ago, Wrighty79 said:

I’m 6’3” is there a height requirement? 

I'm 6'3" as well.   Rode Abyss on Harmony.  The key for you will be keeping elbows and knees in.   Ideally, when you sit on the sack, your feet go in the pocket in front and you arms are fully extended.    When you're tall, like us, your knees are still bent and your elbows want to stick out.   You can keep your elbows in better by grabbing the loops with your palms up.   Elbows naturally deflect inward that way.   Your knees still want to bow out though.   Work hard to keep them in.   It is a dry slide, and I got a nice rub burn on one knee that didn't stay "in" all the way down.

It was a fun ride.  Glad I did it, but once was enough.   No need to ever ride it again for me.

14 hours ago, zdad59 said:

I'm 6'3" as well.   Rode Abyss on Harmony.  The key for you will be keeping elbows and knees in.   Ideally, when you sit on the sack, your feet go in the pocket in front and you arms are fully extended.    When you're tall, like us, your knees are still bent and your elbows want to stick out.   You can keep your elbows in better by grabbing the loops with your palms up.   Elbows naturally deflect inward that way.   Your knees still want to bow out though.   Work hard to keep them in.   It is a dry slide, and I got a nice rub burn on one knee that didn't stay "in" all the way down.

It was a fun ride.  Glad I did it, but once was enough.   No need to ever ride it again for me.

I'm 6'5" and had a similar experience on the Symphony. Could not get flat with knees and elbows in because rug you ride on was not long enough. Quite a miserable trip down the tube for me actually. One and done!!

19 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Totally unnecessary,  you keep your arms tight to your body holding onto the straps. Way to hot for sleeves

Better to be safe and wear long sleeves than risk a skin abrasion or burn on your arms. You can remove your long sleeves after the ride.

Sleeves are most definitely recommended! 

I was one that got a terrible burn on the back of my arm from wearing short sleeves.  This has nothing to do with elbows being out.  I was holding the straps properly with elbows in.  But the mat tilted up one side and I ended up on my left side. I got a 5 inch burn right below my shirt sleeve.  My arm was in constant pain for a week. I had to be treated at medical on board. I still have a good size scab now, 10 days later.  So as I posted on another thread. Be safe and have fun.

• Like 1