oasis refurb question

just booked 7 cabins with my extended family for the july 18 2020 sailing out of cape liberty and have seen that oasis is going in for a 2 month dry dock/refurb in fall of this yr......has anyone read anything definitive on the changes being made?Will they be adding the slides that are on harmony and Symphony?possibly laser tag? Also will the shows be changed post dry dock?

Edited by localunion333

She is undergoing a bow to stern refurbishment adding all the things Symphony has. She’s getting laser tag, the trampoline VR, Hooked, Playmakers, the Blaster, etc. I’ve been looking at those Cape Liberty sailings too. Have fun! 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 9:01 AM, pcutrone said:

She is undergoing a bow to stern refurbishment adding all the things Symphony has. She’s getting laser tag, the trampoline VR, Hooked, Playmakers, the Blaster, etc. I’ve been looking at those Cape Liberty sailings too. Have fun! 

I was on Symphony last month, and didn’t see the trampoline?

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I was on Symphony last month, and didn’t see the trampoline?

The trampoline VR is being added to ships that are being “Amped”. Symphony doesn’t have it, but from what I have read, Oasis is getting it along with the other things Symphony has such as Hooked, Playmakers, Laser Tag, etc. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, pcutrone said:

The trampoline VR is being added to ships that are being “Amped”. Symphony doesn’t have it, but from what I have read, Oasis is getting it along with the other things Symphony has such as Hooked, Playmakers, Laser Tag, etc. 

Not all ships are getting the same things.  Personally I would be surprised if Oasis class get the VR trampoline.

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not all ships are getting the same things.  Personally I would be surprised if Oasis class get the VR trampoline.

They could remove a FlowRider 😱

Or stick it in the existing DL. Anything is better than Wonderland 

Edited by John&LaLa

54 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You’re right, they are all getting different things, but I did read it in a couple of different places so I thought maybe there was some truth to it. It would be nice if Royal would just confirm what they are doing. 

On 3/15/2019 at 10:51 AM, stevea36 said:

They will also make sure that the tilting mechanism for the exhaust stacks works on a regular basis.  Without that working she will not be able to get under the Verrazano Bridge

Telescoping not tilting.

27 minutes ago, tanderine said:

We just got off Oasis on March 17 and several crew members told us Oasis will be getting slides and Cats will change to Phantom of the Opera

Fantastic news about CATS!!!

18 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Fantastic news about CATS!!!

Not really, same basic problem.  It's 150 minutes long. And you know ALW is not going to agree to make it shorter. Plus it has a huge cast. 

And after the Mariner rigging problem, do you want to sit under the chandelier. 😱

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Not really, same basic problem.  It's 150 minutes long. And you know ALW is not going to agree to make it shorter. Plus it has a huge cast. 

And after the Mariner rigging problem, do you want to sit under the chandelier. 😱

And the story is going to be HARD to compehend for the Grease crowd!😜

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

How about Jersey Boys?

Not enough women. The cast has to do the other production show as well. It is also 150 minutes. 😇  Apparently that is an issue for some

Edited by John&LaLa