What is the latest you can be in your stateroom on the last day? Carnival breeze.

Ashwillis88

Trying to decide which deck to get, and don't want to have to leave the stateroom and go up to waiting areas if we don't have to. I can't remember how long they let us stay in the room on the past cruises! Thanks 🙂

Hi

They usually want you out of your cabin by 08:30. You can usually get away with staying on the ship for another couple of hours, but by 10:30 they will be wanting you off the ship. There are usually a bunch of stragglers but they are told to leave. They can't start boarding new passengers until everyone that needs to be off the ship is gone. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

They usually want you out of your cabin by 08:30. You can usually get away with staying on the ship for another couple of hours, but by 10:30 they will be wanting you off the ship. There are usually a bunch of stragglers but they are told to leave. They can't start boarding new passengers until everyone that needs to be off the ship is gone. 

I actually want off early, but won't be able to carry our luggage off with our kids too. I am trying to avoid staying pn deck 1, but getting kicked out of our room before we can leave the ship and be forced to go up 10 floors to wait the last hour or so... the faster to the fun thing is sold our for our cruise. 

2 hours ago, Ashwillis88 said:

Trying to decide which deck to get, and don't want to have to leave the stateroom and go up to waiting areas if we don't have to. I can't remember how long they let us stay in the room on the past cruises! Thanks 🙂

8:30am....we stay until then and then go eat breakfast in Lido buffet.  We hang around until last call off the ship.   We don't like the crowds of people getting off and we stay an extra day after the cruise anyway...so we are in no hurry.

7 hours ago, bdever said:

Weird, I have always stayed in my cabin until 10 or 10:30 and no one has ever complained or kicked me out. 

There is no way you have been able to stay in your cabin on Carnival until 10 or 10:30 am on debarkation day.   They are turning over all the rooms like crazy that morning.  You can stay elsewhere on the ship until 10:30, but not in the cabins.

Edited by bingomamma19

5 minutes ago, bingomamma19 said:

There is no way you have been able to stay in your cabin on Carnival until 10 or 10:30 am on debarkation day.   They are turning over all the rooms like crazy that morning.  You can stay elsewhere on the ship until 10:30, but not in the cabins.

agree.... give the RS a break, let them do their job...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ashwillis88 said:

I actually want off early, but won't be able to carry our luggage off with our kids too. I am trying to avoid staying pn deck 1, but getting kicked out of our room before we can leave the ship and be forced to go up 10 floors to wait the last hour or so... the faster to the fun thing is sold our for our cruise. 

Keep checking for Faster to the Fun, sometimes more become available.  

Best tip I can give you for waiting on a higher deck- go up as early as you can and find a table to sit at.  You can always check your phone, read, play cards, get something from the coffee shop, or whatever.  But you'll have more options of things to do if you get a table versus a bench/couch thing

3 hours ago, bingomamma19 said:

Ok if you say so, I’ll just keep on doing what I’ve been able to do. 

11 hours ago, bdever said:

Weird, I have always stayed in my cabin until 10 or 10:30 and no one has ever complained or kicked me out. 

Well, I must admit when I read this it surprised me, since (IIRC) Carnival puts a notice in your cabin telling you (not asking) to vacate it by 8:30am on the morning of debarkation.  And the room steward is usually knocking at 8am to see if we are gone already.

But I just checked the Carnival website, and could find nothing specific about when you need to be out of your cabin.

Out of curiosity, if you are still in your cabin up until 10:30am, what time is it when you actually get processed off and into the line-up at CBP?  Carnival can't start loading the next round of pax until all of the previous round are off.  So they are very interested in getting everyone off as soon as possible, preferably by 10am.

I see you are from Culver City, and probably cruise out of Long Beach a lot.  Maybe the times are a bit different for the west coast?

1 hour ago, bdever said:

Ok if you say so, I’ll just keep on doing what I’ve been able to do. 

even if you are B2B you have to vacate the room by 8:30, if you have ever done a B2B the debarkation morning is crazy. every cabin is emptied and all sheets are changed. All cabins are empty. He told us he would be done by 10. 

We just returned on the BREEZE on Saturday, March 16.  CD( Donkey) announced that passengers should be ready to vacate the cabin by 8:30.  Room Steward was knocking at 7:45.

No one wants to leave but everyone (myself included) wants to get on the vessel as early as possible. 

16 hours ago, Ashwillis88 said:

I believe there is a way to request early debarkation without being self assist; perhaps asking guest services the last night of the cruise for the appropriate luggage tags?  I know what you mean about waiting around with kids.  I'm afraid I can't help you with what deck to book in the first place to increase your odds.  

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, I must admit when I read this it surprised me, since (IIRC) Carnival puts a notice in your cabin telling you (not asking) to vacate it by 8:30am on the morning of debarkation.  And the room steward is usually knocking at 8am to see if we are gone already.

But I just checked the Carnival website, and could find nothing specific about when you need to be out of your cabin.

Out of curiosity, if you are still in your cabin up until 10:30am, what time is it when you actually get processed off and into the line-up at CBP?  Carnival can't start loading the next round of pax until all of the previous round are off.  So they are very interested in getting everyone off as soon as possible, preferably by 10am.

I see you are from Culver City, and probably cruise out of Long Beach a lot.  Maybe the times are a bit different for the west coast?

Yes, my thoughts too. I think it’s a Long Beach thing. I’m a late riser so I usually jump in the shower around 9 on the last day. 

sorry, having a hard time buying your story, by 8am they are knocking on your door, by 8:30 they are loudly banging on your door. No way you are in your cabin at 10:30 when the ship is usually cleared by customs.

• Like 2

Maybe "Bdever" hands her room attendant a very generous extra tip the night before and asks that he stops by her cabin the very latest that he can on the last day 🕙

Edited by coscab

20 hours ago, Ashwillis88 said:

When I got off the Breeze on March 9, they did list areas to wait in until your zone number is called. They did not want anyone trying to hang on deck 3, Atrium area, as customs wanted that area left clear. You have to be out of your cabin by 8:30. No later. Make sure you leave your luggage out the night before, and just keep your carry on with clothes for everybody. We witnessed some fools trying to manage several pieces of luggage and three small children, and there was no way they could go down the escalator with all that. Carnival workers became alarmed and called for a porter to help them. Unbelievable. 

4 hours ago, coevan said:

sorry, having a hard time buying your story, by 8am they are knocking on your door, by 8:30 they are loudly banging on your door. No way you are in your cabin at 10:30 when the ship is usually cleared by customs.

Cool Beans, it really does not benefit me if you buy my story or not. I am sad for you about the banging on your door though. No one has ever banged on my cabin door before. That would scare me to death personally.

Edited by bdever
mis-spelling

4 hours ago, coscab said:

Maybe "Bdever" hands her room attendant a very generous extra tip the night before and asks that he stops by her cabin the very latest that he can on the last day 🕙

Yes I do tip and often.

13 hours ago, bdever said:

Cool Beans, it really does not benefit me if you buy my story or not. I am sad for you about the banging on your door though. No one has ever banged on my cabin door before. That would scare me to death personally.

if you say no one knocked on your door, I rest my case, done. 

• Haha 1