SPRING SALE on website !

Pier290

11 minutes ago, LMEEE06 said:

I went on cruise planner and canceled the excursion then rebooked to get the savings. It was quick for me. I'm using Google Chrome. Good luck!

Thanks!  I tried again and did it this way.  Still hadn't gotten through on hold after 40 min.  Celebrity would probably make a lot more money if their website was halfway decent!!  Painful experience, but done and saved about $100 between the 2 excursions, so yay.

I finally had my TA book the specialty dining package for us. The Celebrity website must have been designed by someone who has never been on a cruise ship. It is neither user-friendly nor logical.

Got 50% off on premium drinks packages for our cruise.  Price was $69.00 p/p per day and I just booked packages at 34.50 p/p per day.

It's a different story for unlimited internet package for one device.  Yesterday it was $195 for the length of the cruise.  Today it is $255.00 for one device.

Well one out of two ain't bad!  😉

• Like 3

HOW is a discount from Captains CLUB level applied when booking say an internet package during a sale?

Found this answer to my own question...

Offer cannot be combined with any other shore excursion promotion or package. Tours and packages booked prior to the start date of the Offer cannot be cancelled and rebooked under this Offer. Tour and package prices are per person and subject to change without notice. Offer will not be available onboard. Offer is non-transferable and not combinable with Captain Club discounts or any other offer or promotion.

Edited by Fogfog

5 hours ago, gordylad said:

celebrity web site strikes again....I went in to book for Sept 2019 and it says....

IMPORTANT UPDATE Due to your cruise departing in 1 days, you can no longer purchase / reserve products online. Please feel free to browse, view your schedule and add products to your wishlist. You will be able to make additional reservations when your arrive on the ship. Order History is no longer available.

Offer must be booked between March 21st, 2019 – March 25th, 2019. Offer applies to select sailings departing from March 25th, 2019 – September 30th, 2019

So they should honor it

2 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

HOW is a discount from Captains CLUB level applied when booking say an internet package during a sale?

They will give you the sale price OR the Captains Club discount, but won't stack them. I always find that the best way to get the Captains Club discount applied is to call the Captains Club.

3 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Offer must be booked between March 21st, 2019 – March 25th, 2019. Offer applies to select sailings departing from March 25th, 2019 – September 30th, 2019

So they should honor it

OK, the dates for the offer make me feel slightly better about not being able to get into my planner.

6 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Just looking at the Spring Sale...

My future cruise is on Equinox this summer. Under dining packages it is showing First Night Discount on Murano, Tuscan and Silk Harvest - this is same amount of discount that we have gotten on Murano ($35) at boarding for the first night when we were in AQ. It also lists 7 night dining packages at least for our cruise - sorry, didn't catch the price. Also I did not look at the times for any of these discounts, not sure if discount allows you to choose any time.

Just sharing this, Ultimate Dining and whether to book ahead or on ship are topics that get a lot of pixel time here - if you are good with first night, you might not get a better deal if you wait until boarding.

We haven't been able to get UDP for over a year. 2 years ago we had the UDP and Prem drink package and loved it

Last cruise-- the UDP was still on the website--and we called TWICE to see if it was actually being honored on the ship.

They said YES

Get to the ship on embarkation to book UDP--and get No--not available. It was a HUGE hassle. They would not honor it despite being told by Celebrity agents at Captains Club and elsewhere that it was....

7 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

They will give you the sale price OR the Captains Club discount, but won't stack them. I always find that the best way to get the Captains Club discount applied is to call the Captains Club.

We did get the prem drink package at 50% off back in Nov... 

as far as internet--those prices are all over the place... saw this ... which seems like a kick in the head to those with CC standing

Offer will not be available onboard. Offer is non-transferable and not combinable with Captain Club discounts or any other offer or promotion.

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

Found this answer to my own question...

Offer cannot be combined with any other shore excursion promotion or package. Tours and packages booked prior to the start date of the Offer cannot be cancelled and rebooked under this Offer. Tour and package prices are per person and subject to change without notice. Offer will not be available onboard. Offer is non-transferable and not combinable with Captain Club discounts or any other offer or promotion.

Since when do they do this? Say you can't use the discount if you are within the cancellation period and rebuy at the lower price?

X is getting stingy. A lot of the new cruise offers are for "new bookings only" and now that seems to be spreading to the Cruise Planner.

3 hours ago, tce40 said:

I had upgraded my beverage package two weeks ago to Premium.  On our Summit sailing, it's now offering the Premium package at 62.10 per day, excluding gratuity.  I called Celebrity to see if I could get the difference in price but the guy I spoke with said no, you had to upgrade at $10.00 per day plus gratuity, so no discount for me.  Has anyone encountered this before.  By the way, he cancelled my previous upgrade so I had to do it all over again when I finally got off the telephone.  Is this accurate?  By the way, the Classic Package was one of my perks.

I called to see if I could get back the dofference in upgrading--it was 10 when pkgs were 69 and 59, and now it is about 8 (55 and 47). So, it would be 2x2x10 or sbout $28 (+ 18% of course).

She left and it took a long time before coming back and saying that the sale did not apply to upgrades. Still 10 as you discovered.

If we had bought classic on the first place, I would just cancel the premium and rebook it at the lower price. But it was a compensatory perk, so all told we only paid for the upgrade so I can't really complain.

• Like 1

I have the Four day Speciality dining package booked  for six of us now its 25% off.    Do they refund the difference if I call or e.mail.  They have already charged the amount to my credit card a few weeks ago?

For all those struggling to get the site to work I found  away round it.  Go on the site on a mobile phone it changes the formatting.  you do not need to click the bit that says sale. Just open up the excursions part the new prices are in there too.  This gets round the formatting issue that prevents booking on the computer.

hope this helps a few people - made a big difference to my trips cost as there are 8 of us doing  a trip with $40 saving per person.

Earlier this week unlimited internet for 1 device was $197.40. ( Discounted 10% price). Today same 1 device is offered at a 20% discount for $287.40!  Then it states “price shown reflects your discount”.  BUT WAIT.......”WAS $287.40”!

BF6DF4A5-2070-4625-BB04-ED13174C3FAB.thumb.jpeg.50197ee865f0b334943385f4f86b94bf.jpeg